It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s EPA Sending $100 Million to Michigan for Flint Water Relief

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah, it's clear. They had to force Republicans to make good on the deal they'd already been trying to get through and even told Trump they'd make sure he made good on his promises.

So what??

Trump didn't make the deal. He didn't sign the law in to existence. He wasn't even in office yet.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

8 years, no action.
Trump elected.
Democrats demand he keep his promise to flint.
New deal pushed through.

Simple.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No, it's ignorant. This has been a constant theme with Trump supporters. I'm sure you've come to realize it's a waste of time trying to point out facts, when all Trump supporters want to do is completely ignore or twist it in the favor of their messiah. Trump doesn't like to admit when he's wrong and neither do his supporters. It's like a cult following, lol.

All citizens need to be political watch dogs and set the record straight. All false news reports and lying politicians should be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Well it just goes to show a big fat lie will get attacked however the damage some will continue to believe it and some will knowingly propagate the lie.

Obama set it up and Trump just cashed in on it. I do not suppose that Trump's record on the environment is that great!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet that 95% of the money will go to the pension fund and admin costs and the problem will not even be resolved.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
let's remember that it was a republican controlled state that did this, and it was a republican tzar that took over city government from the local elected leaders authorized by the republican governor.....it's easy to research this

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: solargeddon

I don't know what their ultimate decision was, but the British Parliament was debating whether or not to even let President Trump come there and speak to them.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com... 233a93d

Seems like Britain fired the first shot at President Trump.

Oh, try again.

Last I was aware of it the visit is still on, though later in the year now, speaking in parliament...I guess we will see,

most of the opposition to his visit stems from the everyday people such as I, who really don't like your choice of President.

If you wish to say that is the first shot fired, so be it, though I thin you may be overreacting.

There are many who don't agree with your choice of President, even before he did anything, since taking the reigns he has continued to fuel disdain from his opponents.

Accusing GCHQ, while I wouldn't put it past them, the way your government has handled the whole thing is simply undiplomatic and amateur.

Edit: Wouldn't it be great if we just stuck to the facts, moreover produce evidence to substantiate the facts, so that they are unequivocal and clear?

It seems as though whenever anything good happens Trump is responsible, anything wrong, or misreported is everybody else's fault.

Responsibility must be taken for where it falls, good or bad.
edit on 032017SundaypmSun, 19 Mar 2017 16:03:03 -05004America/Chicago192017 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

So now all of a sudden GCHQ is involved in the Flint Michigan water problems ?

Interesting conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Actually Detroit caused the problem if you research it they are the ones that cut off the water.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So Trump is giving 100 Million to exact same people at the exact same department that let the kids get poisoned, covered it up and lied about it?

Flint water crisis: New criminal charges are brought

Six current and former state employees, including the woman in charge of drinking water quality, were charged Friday in a widening criminal investigation into the crisis. The allegations show a concerted effort to cover up warning signs of lead poisoning, according to prosecutors.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Shock !!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Flint puts tax liens on 8000 people's property

City leaders say they are in a bind and they need the cash. "We have to have revenue coming in, so we can't give people revenue, I mean excuse me, give people water at the tap and not get revenue coming in to pay those bills," said Al Mooney, City of Flint Treasury Department.

Mooney says the shut offs are already working in the city's favor. Last month Flint brought in nearly $3 million for water. That is nearly $1 million more from the month prior when they only collected $2.1 million. Mooney hopes the 8,000 tax lien notices that went out with prompt even more people to pay their water bills. If all of those were paid up that would bring in nearly $6 million for the city.

Trump should have distributed that 100 million between these 8000 people instead of giving it to the city. With $12,500 in each homowner's pocket they could have either moved away or pursued legal action against the city.

At the least it wouldn't have been absconded with by corrupt city officials who after receiving 100 million dollars put tax liens on people's houses for refusing to pay for poisoned water.

I think these people are absolutely right. No I wouldn't pay for contaminated water. The city has the money to fix the problem, and instead of fixing it they are punishing the victims? The people of Flint should be sacking and burning city hall and hanging the mayor up from his balls!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join