It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorbachev Calls Iraqi Elections “Fake”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Whatever you say of these elections, they are by far the fairest ever held in Iraq and the Middle East as a whole.

Do you realize that Iraqis are actually forced to vote or they won't get their food rations. Seems like a forced American Democracy to me.

I don't think that report is accurate. If there's any truth to it at all it's some Iraqi who was confused by the use of the food ration lists for voter registration who thought that they wouldn't get more food unless they voted. There's absolutely no evidence that this was U.S. or Iraqi policy. I've only seen one supposed quote from a single Iraqi. If you have any evidence that someone who didn't vote hasn't been able to get food, please post it.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

If you have any evidence that someone who didn't vote hasn't been able to get food, please post it.

I already did early today.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
From your own article:

There has been no official indication that Iraqis who did not vote would not receive their monthly food rations.

This is antiwar propaganda using some mistaken Iraqis as some kind of proof. This was not anyone's policy.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

From your own article:

There has been no official indication that Iraqis who did not vote would not receive their monthly food rations.

This is antiwar propaganda using some mistaken Iraqis as some kind of proof. This was not anyone's policy.

Refer to my post in:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Gorbachev is a great man and undoubtedly the greatest statesman of the late 20th century. I for one agree with his opinions and respect his experience and knowledge.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Gorbachev is a great man and undoubtedly the greatest statesman of the late 20th century.

I dont know I think Reagan could give him a run for his money. The two had a very interesting relationship, you could argue they respected each other more then any two leaders of the US & USSR ever did.

The two likely came as close as we have ever been to abolishing all nuclear missiles since they were invented.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Everybody settle down for a bit. The election was to elect an assembly to write a constitution. Thats it. Then a new governemnt will be elected based on that constitution over a year from now.

So to say its invalid or bogus is preliminary. Hopefully by the time the elected assembly creates this constitution and elects a government the world will understand its real.

Just think for a second people: The US CANNOT control every person who got elected to this assembly. Its hundreds of people. The interests of the Iraqi people WILL be represented.

The method thats being used has great merrit. It all but guarantee’s a valid government after that constitution is created.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join