It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you hate the poor?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of hate directed at the poor in America. As in if you can't make it in this country without help it's your own fault. You would think we would all work together to make things better for everyone. Instead we have a society where everyone is afraid someones going to take something away from them. Everywhere I look there is hate and resentment.

My income is less then $11k a year but I have no problem giving a dollar or two to the homeless man on the corner. My thinking has always been I'm better off then he is at least I have somewhere warm to be.

I know people that make $60k a year and every week when they get paid they look at their paycheck and complain how bad they get screwed on taxes. When I was making $40k a year I never once looked at my paycheck and thought that. Not once did I ever look at a paycheck and think the government was screwing me over. Nor did I ever hold resentment toward poor people or social programs.

Some of the attitudes I see are one step short from rounding people up and gassing them. Capitalism can be rewarding for some but it also seems to foster greed. For some people what they have is never enough. Capitalism has given some people opportunities to get ahead but some think they don't need contribute anything back to society.

Why should anyone have to contribute anything back to society? Because helping our own makes America great.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Not the poor so much it's the eaters. The ones with 3-4 kids complaining that they have no money while smoking 2 packs of cigs a day. The people that say they need more money but freak when you mention who is hiring because they don't have time.

I could go on

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I directly put my anger at the policy makers. I'm basically being raped on taxes with things only getting worse. I made great money the last few years and I have to pay a huge % compared to other income levels.
I work really hard to make extra and sometimes feel it's not even worth it unless I cheat and lie to avoid excessive taxes.
I don't blame the poor for that I just get annoyed when I hear certain people complain about things when they won't even get off their ass to do something about it.
The culprits are the politicians who love to see us divided.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I dont hate the poor but I question people that are working such low wage jobs staying in such expensive places... In oklahoma I could live on 40k a year pay for an 1800 sq foot house with an acre of land, and have money left over for a week long vacation anywhere in the world each year.

Where if I lived on either coast a large part of the towns and cities 40k will get me a dishwasher box in a back ally... and that is about it.

People say... well I cant afford to move, BS... you choose not to move, there is a gas station company in Tulsa area that starts their workers out at 39k a year with full benefits.

If people choose to remain in area that will keep them poor and never make an attempt to change your fate I have trouble mustering up sympathy.

Now if you take chances, move to find better work , go to school ... do not buy the new iphone on day 1 so you can pay your bills... those people I have sympathy for and I am willing to help when I can.

I guess that makes me a monster.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't hate the poor.
Money is not a reflection of a person.

Saying that, there's always this.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I certainly don't hate the poor. Let me tell you a story. I moved from Texas to Fargo, ND towards the end of June 2014. I had some friends up there and was going to room with them because I thought they were going to get an apartment.

Anyway, I got up there and found out that they were living out of their vehicle. They had jobs, had money but they couldn't get into a place due to their credit. I mean, if you didn't have a credit score of at least 700, you couldn't rent an apartment even if there was an opening.

Anyway, I got up there and got a job. Lived in a vehicle for six months in North Dakota's brutal cold. From the end of June until about the middle of December of 2014, I was essentially homeless despite having a job and money.

This is why most of the arguments against helping the poor and homeless don't wash with me. You can have a job, have money and still be in the gutter in this country. I know, I lived it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well heres one example ill throw out on why people who pay their taxes get so perturbed by some people on govt assistance. i knew a couple, neither had a car, neither had a job, yet they had spent over $1000 on a video game in couple months time. when i questioned the wisdom of their purchases they said that they need to have fun occasionally 2. while i dont disagree there is a point where your just being irresponsible and id say that was very very irresponsible.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Thing is in a fully functional first world nation there should be no poor, or at least the distribution of wealth should be rather more evenly distributed amungst the population.

That's never going to happen under the current administration.

The rich will get richer while the rest fight over the scraps "They" fling from the table.

This is simply what happens when 1% of the population controls 70% of the available wealth.

While the other 99% of the people fight over the reaming 30% of wealth is it really any wonder that the average Joe gets the short end of the stick?

edit on 17-3-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It's an issue of morals, or lack of.

Morals are for the poor.

The rich don't need morals, they just lawyer up.

Most of the people here who seem to hate the poor, hate themselves because they are poor.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Thing is in a fully functional first world nation there should be no poor, or at least the distribution of wealth should be rather more evenly distributed amungst the population.

That's never going to happen under the current administration.

The rich will get richer while the rest fight over the scraps "They" fling from the table.

This is simply what happens when 1% of the population controls 70% of the available wealth.

While the other 99% of the people fight over the reaming 30% of wealth is it really any wonder that the average joe get the short end of the stick?

show me one example where thats ever been true. i know wed all like to believe that a utopia should be possible but so far there has yet to be one successful attempt at that. id argue the reason why is human greed and its not just the 1%. theres plenty of greedy people who have no money.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Define "poor".

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

huh?
edit on 17-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

From my perspective, it's not just hate for the poor but an orchestrated hate fest directed at minorities, and anything not
Christian.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Been there, done that...

Being free is a hard thing to come back from.

I was so free for so long that I have had a real hard time coming back to this "big fake reality".

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
when i look how much the gov takes from me every paycheck I wonder how we are not living like the jetsons yet

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just remember this.

If you don't have the cash to afford it you can't buy it...

...And...

Being in debt is irresponsible...

link   
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

link   
a reply to: TheScale

"show me one example where thats ever been true."

To date i cannot provide such im afraid. Thing is a paradigm shift the likes of which humanity has never seen is a requirement for such a society to exist.

"id argue the reason why is human greed and its not just the 1%. theres plenty of greedy people who have no money."

If there are plenty of greedy people out there that have no monies then they really don't understand the concept.

I would argue that there are plenty needy people out there that simply wish to do better for both themselves and there family. Which will never happen while the 1% control the distribution of wealth and power.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I don't hate poor people although you will find many here who think as much.

What I dislike is the ones who make poor choices and then complain that they don't have any money for important things.

For example, there was a member here who told a story about a neighbor who borrowed money off of him because she didn't enough money to meet some bill or other. Then she showed up to show off her new $50 shoes!

What kind of thought process does it take for someone to buy $50 dollar shoes when that amount of money would have covered the shortfall on your bill? ... You know that you went begging to your neighbor for? Maybe she did need shoes, but a cheap pair of $20 Walmart sneakers would have covered her long enough to make ends meet until she could save to buy the more expensive pair and let her cover her bills.

Or the people who have smart phones but say they can't afford health insurance so the government should do that ...

Or the people who have hair extensions, nice acrylic nails jobs, brand name clothing and use food stamps to pay for a cart load of convenience food at the start of every month at the grocery store but they complain they don't have enough ...

They aren't making smart choices with their money. Maybe if they did, they wouldn't be "poor" the same way they think they are now.

It's not like they're the truly poor who really do exist.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

As someone who has actually been homeless, yes, choices are a factor too. I don't solely "blame the system;" my choices haven't always been the best either. However, I think it's ridiculous that a person can have a job, have money and still not be able to get into a place to live. I know because it happened to me. All these arguments that "most" are mentally "ill" lazy, drug addicts, et cetera, doesn't cut muster with me
edit on 17-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Grammar correction.

edit on 17-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join