It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crappy Pictures from the Sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

One of the aspects of my job is that I frequently travel around the United States and other countries to motivate our sales team with threats of physical violence. Most of it is fairly mundane, airports are airports and hotels are hotels, but I do, occasionally get to see some rather cool locations from an unusual perspective, that of being on an aircraft. A few friends and family have asked me to start taking pictures since they appear to be living vicariously through my travels (they are saddled with office jobs and appear ready to go postal).

So I humored them and took a few snaps with my trusty, and cruddy, Android phone. The picture quality is one level about 1800's tintypes but you will get the general idea.

My travel is fairly extensive so if you have a request I may be able to meet it at some point. Unless that request is for photos of the holes leading to the Hollow Earth, that is off limits due to directives from my Illuminati Overlords.

Here's a couple to start.

Flying out of PDX I was able to get a pretty good shot of Mt. Doom and Mt. Adams. I would have taken a few more but I was busy giving DB the sky finger:

This one is heading into SFO and looking out towards Monterrey. Apparently there is a very large ocean down there somewhere but people in San Francisco have to take this at face value since they never see it:

This is flying out of SFO and looking down at the Golden Gate. Many people jump off this bridge in an erroneous belief that all those puffy clouds will break their fall:

This is a very large, snow-covered hole somewhere in Arizona:

Next up is Chicago, so I will be able to photograph it from the safest place possible, the air.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

One of the aspects of my job is that I frequently travel around the United States and other countries to motivate our sales team with threats of physical violence.

LOL

Next up is Chicago, so I will be able to photograph it from the safest place possible, the air.

Depending on where you are flying in from, Chicago looks awesome with the Lake Michigan shoreline in view.

Have fun and safe travels

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Damn, lucky you. Nice pictures, where do I sign up??

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Crappy Pictures from the Sky

Dammit! I thought that said Cappy pictures from the sky. I had an image of you flying around with an Italian ham and dressing it up taking pics.

This is all very disappointing.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Depending on where you are flying in from, Chicago looks awesome with the Lake Michigan shoreline in view.

Have fun and safe travels

I leave from EWR so we usually come in over Lake Michigan with Chicago to the south. I have a really crappy picture where you can barely see the two antennas on the Willis Tower peeking through the clouds.

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Damn, lucky you. Nice pictures, where do I sign up??

For the motivational beatings?

link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Dammit! I thought that said Cappy pictures from the sky. I had an image of you flying around with an Italian ham and dressing it up taking pics.

This is all very disappointing.

I'll take pictures of the chow for you moving forward. It's not that bad.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My eyes were closed, can you take the picture again?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My eyes were closed, can you take the picture again?

Do I need to pixelate your house again?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Beautiful pics, much appreciated. (I'm one of those people living vicariously through you, lol).

I'm perhaps jealous of the travelling but not the flying. I've never flown.
Did take various Greyhound buses (36 hours) to get from SW Ontario to Austin Texas once, to visit a friend. That experience alone was so horrendous that I would have flown home but couldn't afford to.
That was really the only time in my life that I considered getting on a plane.

Seeing America was interesting. When I got home I found that I'd lost my camera and all the pics I'd taken. All I have to show for it is a few postcards.

I will be checking back for more of your travels!
jacy

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow! Beautiful photos Mason! I've never been in a plane. Never traveled very far either. Very nice!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I'm perhaps jealous of the travelling but not the flying.

Glad you like them.

The travel can wear on you after awhile if you don't get yourself a routine, I try to keep my east coast schedule. Flying is not so bad, airports are a pain but with United I have lounge access so it isn't unbearable.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow! Beautiful photos Mason! I've never been in a plane. Never traveled very far either. Very nice!

You and Jacy need to get together and fly somewhere.

I'll be going over your house in two weeks.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I love the way things look from way up high.

Is that one mountain really called Mt Doom?

Ty for sharing!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'm perhaps jealous of the travelling but not the flying.

Flying is not so bad...

It's not that I have a bad impression of flying...it's fear.

I have travelled from Montreal to Liverpool and back on an ocean liner; 7 days crossing the ocean with most of that time seeing no land, only water. That didn't scare me.
The idea of taking multiple buses from here to Texas alone didn't scare me.
Driving myself anywhere doesn't scare me.

But flying? I would have to be desperate (again).

edit on 17-3-2017 by jacygirl because: my bad punctuation just scared me

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Fear of what? The airplane bathroom? Those are scary.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Fear of what? The airplane bathroom? Those are scary.

Nope. Train bathrooms are the worst! They toss you around like you're in the spin cycle.

Fear of: falling, crashing, dying while falling & crashing, crashing & living, getting badly hurt or sucked out of the plane in mid-air...

I can go on if you're bored.

EDIT: You know...I refreshed the "recent" page and it said that your above reply was posted 0 seconds ago.
How is that even possible?
edit on 17-3-2017 by jacygirl because: Well? How???

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
I love the way things look from way up high.

Yeah, it is a cool perspective. Somethings look smaller than you would think and others larger.

Is that one mountain really called Mt Doom?

Hah, no. It's Mount St. Helen's.

Ty for sharing!

No problem.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Fear of: falling, crashing, dying while falling & crashing, crashing & living, getting badly hurt or sucked out of the plane in mid-air...

If you stay off Russian and small Asian country's aircraft you will most likely never experience any of those things. United's fleet and record are both great so I never even think about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Russia and small Asian countries are not on my bucket list, lol...but I would love to see France and Italy.

I thought you were going to tell me that I'd seen too many movies, and I admit that's a big part of it.
Far too realistic and exactly as horrifying as I would expect it to be.
I have conquered fears in the past though. Never say "never".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join