It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Islamist group claims to hold U.S. soldier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
i am positive that this is a work of a
"western" mind,
and not any "terrorists" or "insurgetns" or "rebels".

its a hoax, but
a western hoax,
to provoke, and to put more "bad news" in the news.

(shaking head sadly)

Souljah, you disappoint me. Some of the responses by others I'm not surprised at, but I expected better from you. Just because an act of idiocy occurred on the net, posing as a kidnapping, you're saying it has to be the work of Americans?

We can't blame everything in the world on America, any more than we can blame it all on the terrorists. Stupid people, the lowest common denominator, are present in all countries, colours, cultures, and creeds. They can even be found--and I know this will be an enormous shock--among the Iraqi insurgents.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wow, three threads on the same subject, all within the top 10 threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Souljah, you disappoint me. Some of the responses by others I'm not surprised at, but I expected better from you. Just because an act of idiocy occurred on the net, posing as a kidnapping, you're saying it has to be the work of Americans?

We can't blame everything in the world on America, any more than we can blame it all on the terrorists. Stupid people, the lowest common denominator, are present in all countries, colours, cultures, and creeds. They can even be found--and I know this will be an enormous shock--among the Iraqi insurgents.

i didnt say america.
i said western world.
that is a diffrence.
but considering poor knowledge of "arabic writings",
i think it was a "western hoax".
thats all.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

thats all.

Now that's an interesting statement. I, myself, am woefully ignorant of arabic, or any similar writings. The closest I can claim is to know a few letters of the hebrew alphabet. So, could you provide further details about the discrepencies in what the mini-tapestry said, versus what it should have said?

If the source of the hoax was "Western", my guess it was some hackers having a bit of fun at everyone's expense, but definitely not a conspiracy of the NWO.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
this is most likely a joke, not a serious attempt by insurgents to coax the release of prisoners.

why would they ridicule their cause in such a way?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Amazed at it all. Does barbie come in camo too?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They are reporting it on Jahidunspun so it MUST BE TRUE......LOL

www.jihadunspun.net.../home.php&

Its just a western ploy to PRETEND its a doll. He was no doubt captured when they wiped out the entire Marine Corp in Fallujah.....LOL

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

thats all.

Now that's an interesting statement. I, myself, am woefully ignorant of arabic, or any similar writings. The closest I can claim is to know a few letters of the hebrew alphabet. So, could you provide further details about the discrepencies in what the mini-tapestry said, versus what it should have said?

If the source of the hoax was "Western", my guess it was some hackers having a bit of fun at everyone's expense, but definitely not a conspiracy of the NWO.

I think that what he is referring to is this, posted by MaskedAvatar in another thread:

A small point from the article:

--- In the photo, a gun barrel was pointed at the head of the man's figure, and behind him on the wall was a black banner emblazoned with the Islamic profession of faith, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is His prophet." ---

Does anyone know if the term "Allah" has been subject to censorship at CNN? The above reads quite oddly.

He pointed it out in this thread page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But then again, I could be wrong. Souljah?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Again, my knowledge of Arabic writings is minimal, but I was under the impression that "Allah" was synonymous with the word "God". But yes, the phrasing in the news struck me as odd too.

Well, it's been 72 hours now, and no news of a beheading. I guess they couldn't get the little plastic combat knife to look convincing enough.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The Arabic text, however, contained several mispellings and repetitions.

i was refering to this.
i myself cannot read any arabic writings,
so i can not 100% claim what i have said.
it is just too strange for me,
that the real iraqi insurgents would do such a joke.
i dont think they are walking around baghdad looking for g.i. joe dolls!

i too think that this is probably some teenager hacker idea of fun,
and he is probably not from islamic speaking world, since the spelling was wrong.
or maybe they were asian, chinese, korean....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It seems a poster on the Jihadist message board where the hoax started, has claimed responsibility for the hoax.

siteinstitute.org...
A message is currently in circulation on Jihadist message boards in which an Iraqi by the nickname of “al-Iraqi4” admits to being behind the hoax of the US soldier’s capture by the Mujahideen [using a toy soldier that he named John Adam]. While some message board members prayed for the hoaxter’s guidance toward righteousness and resorted to God for judgment, others were furious at him for “demoralizing” the members.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join