It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart "Leaks" Paul Ryan Tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well isn't this interesting , Breitbart have released a tape of the conference call reported on last October in which House Speaker Paul Ryan tells those involved that “I am not going to defend Donald Trump—not now, not in the future,”

“His comments are not anywhere in keeping with our party’s principles and values,” Ryan said. “There are basically two things that I want to make really clear, as for myself as your Speaker. I am not going to defend Donald Trump—not now, not in the future. As you probably heard, I disinvited him from my first congressional district GOP event this weekend—a thing I do every year. And I’m not going to be campaigning with him over the next 30 days.”

The question is why has Breitbart decided to release this tape and torpedo the entente cordiale between President Trump and the Republican party.

Now, Ryan—still the Speaker—has pushed now President Donald Trump to believe his healthcare legislation the American Health Care Act would repeal and replace Obamacare when it does not repeal Obamacare. Ryan has also, according to Trump ally Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), misled President Trump into believing that Ryan’s bill can pass Congress. Paul and others believe the bill is dead on arrival in the U.S. Senate since a number of GOP senators have come out against it, and there are serious questions about whether it can pass the House. This is the first major initiative that Trump has worked on with Ryan—and the fact it is going so poorly calls into question whether Speaker Ryan, the GOP’s failed 2012 vice presidential nominee who barely supported Trump at all in 2016, really understands how Trump won and how to win in general.
www.breitbart.com... ld-trump-not-now-not-in-the-future/

Steve Bannon pulling strings in an attempt to remove Ryan perhaps ?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water , the sharks are circling.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

All this silliness, expand medicare for all and be done with this mess.

Edit: The pissing match will go on. They are not on the same side, one is for the NWO and the other's side is still up in the air.
edit on 14-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes, you correctly put quotations around the word 'leak'. This was no 'leak', rather an out and out attack by Trump and Britebart on the Speaker.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well if Ryan was purposefully undermining Trumps presidency by playing buddy buddy and coming up with a policy that he knew would fail miserably and make Trump look bad then why wouldn't they want to "out" him?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think Trump's direction at the moment isn't extreme enough for Bannon, so he's using his Breitbart influence to play Trump how he wants.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes, you correctly put quotations around the word 'leak'. This was no 'leak', rather an out and out attack by Trump and Britebart on the Speaker.
I wonder if he is using Obamas last EO to make it legal .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This isnt anything game changing. This call reflected exactly what Paul Ryan did during October.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

You summarized the article excellently in that small post. I applaud you for the critical read.

If you also note, Ryan failed 2012 VP candidate hardly supported Trump during the 2016 campaign. I don't think he has a clue on how to work with Trump, he most likely thought he'll burn and fail, like the media did.

Should be interesting to see the fallout damage and how they will respond.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Curious, was this fallout from the Trump tapes? I could have sworn I heard these same words from Ryan last year.....

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It had to be fallout. I havent looked. but the timing seems to match up with the access hollywood tapes

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think Breitbart released this tape with Donald Trump approval. Otherwise Bannon would be out. Breitbart release something else a few days ago with a negative peace again the new healthcare bill

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

Well if Ryan was purposefully undermining Trumps presidency by playing buddy buddy and coming up with a policy that he knew would fail miserably and make Trump look bad then why wouldn't they want to "out" him?

Paul Ryan didn't proclaim his motivation was to "make Trump look bad". The leaked conversation has Ryan promising not to "defend" Trump. I don't blame him. He's look like an idiot defending Trump's claims and acctions in most cases. Most of what Trump does and says is indefensible.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So Ryan's a fraud (big surprise) like all the other Republicans that said "never Trump" and all voted for him anyways.

Republicans constantly lie so this isn't much of a surprise.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If they report something positive, it's "agenda driven" reporting.
If they report something negative, it's "pulling strings" reporting.

Ugh... can't win, so why try?

For the record, Paul Ryan is not the "Republican Party." He's a neocon in a position of authority in the House who can easily be replaced by an actual conservative. The repeal/replace ACA bill Ryan is largely the architect of is an unpopular disaster, meaning Ryan is a failure. No room for failures within this administration's sphere of authority. I'd be neither surprised nor disappointed if Trump decides to cut Ryan loose...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'd be neither surprised nor disappointed if Trump decides to cut Ryan loose...

Fingers crossed, hoping this comes to fruition.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Fingers crossed, hoping this comes to fruition.

In a dream world, Ryan's exit would be followed by McCain, Graham, and McConnell rushing down the aisle and out the door after him to the tune of Yakety Sax.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

How would this "cutting loose" manifest? Ryan is Speaker of the House. It's not like the President can fire him.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
How would this "cutting loose" manifest? Ryan is Speaker of the House. It's not like the President can fire him.

True, he cannot fire Ryan. He can, however, move forward with his platform and force Ryan to either capitulate to it or obstruct it. Paul Ryan DOES NOT want a GOP POTUS publicly calling him out for obstruction of the platform said POTUS was elected on. The GOP in the House essentially voted for Ryan as speaker because they were afraid a split vote would let Pelosi back into the chair. If Ryan's public popularity continues to submarine, more and more GOP Congressmen will start looking at other options to lead them in the House.

ETA: When I say "cut loose" I basically mean removing Ryan from the discussion table as policies are mulled over in the White House. Ryan presently has a seat at the table... there's no mandate guaranteeing him that seat if he pisses the White House off.
edit on 14-3-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Okay, fair enough. But, it seems to me that Trump needs Paul Ryan more than Ryan needs Trump.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Okay, fair enough. But, it seems to me that Trump needs Paul Ryan more than Ryan needs Trump.

That's why he's got Reince Priebus, knower of the GOP's deepest, darkest secrets.

Trump's far from an amateur. He's playing chess with a bunch of schlubbs (in DC, the media, and the general population) that barely understand checkers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join