It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush has been right about Iraq all along?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What if Bush has been right about Iraq all along?

But after watching Sunday's election in Iraq and seeing the first clear sign that freedom really may mean something to the Iraqi people, you have to be asking yourself: What if it turns out Bush was right, and we were wrong?

It's hard to swallow, isn't it?

Before commenting I recommend that you read the entire article. If any of you are familiar with the author, he is a die-hard liberal. I was shocked to read this from him and was wondering if anyone else here had any comments on it.

Personally I agree with what he said about seeing results in Iraq, however unlike the author I supported the war from the beginning.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Idea behind what the Bush Administration claims to be up too is good.

The problem is that we were lied to every step of the way and it has been bungled and mishandled every way possible.

I am happy to see free elections coming to the Middle East and hope the Iraqis a good future, lord knows they have suffered enough.

BUT....I think the entire matter could have been handled better by a backward Chimp than Bush

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that they are seeing changes there and freedoms like voting. The news has been flooded by the "good news"...something not shown every day. I'm just hoping that this "good news" isn't used to cover up and draw attention away from the hundreds of biffs it took to get here. A few good days can't cover all the poor decision of the last 2+ years.

Cameron

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What he doesn't mention in that article are "weapons of mass destruction", the reason we went to war in the first place. The spineless twit that wrote that article is covering his arse plain and simple.

Peace

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
People will still continue to deny it. It's only a matter of time before people come out and say the election never happened, all the photos were doctored, every journalist bought, and election results a lie. If that doesn't work, it may turn to Iraq doesn't really exist and it's all a vast right wing conspiracy. The hatrid these people have for George Bush has blinded them to reason.

heh, like I said, little cranky today as a result o' the hand

...Normally I'd say the exact same thing in more diplomatic terms.

EDIT:

The spineless twit that wrote that article is covering his arse plain and simple.

Like I said.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
He always does...

WMD was only one of the plethora of reasons to go to Iraq. And even if no stockpiles were found, the old Iraqi regime had the knowledge to create them and if sanctions against Saddam were lifted and inspections stopped, he would have reconstituted his programs and again threaten his neighbors with WMD. So the correct decision was made on all accounts.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
if sanctions against Saddam were lifted and inspections stopped, he would have reconstituted his programs and again threaten his neighbors with WMD.

Yeah, and if I had a wooden stick up my butt, I'd be a popsicle!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Not a popsicle, just a guy with a stick in his arse....

It amazes me that here the elections have occured, admist all the fighting, and there is still no recognnition given to the fact that we are liberating them from a regime of fear. This is something that is pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.

BUt a year from now, people will still be commenting on the WMD baloney and how we were lied too. He had them(gas), he used them on his own people, remember?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
esdad, it's Europe and America who are doing that. The Iraqis are thrilled with what we've done for them!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well said, Amuk. I agree totally with you.

Of course Iraqis are happy to be able to vote and I'm happy for them. Was it right for BushCo. to lie through their teeth to the world in order to justify the invasion of a sovereign nation? No, no, no, never.

To start bring democracy to the middle east, BushCo. could just as easily have started by putting pressure on their buddies in Saudi Arabia. Jeez, that never occured to them...wonder why?

It remains to be seen what BushCo's real agenda is for being in Iraq. Now that they are there, I can't ever see them leaving...not 100% anyway. There's too much at stake...and time will tell what was the true reason for going in in the first place. Bringing" freedom" to the people is just the icing on the cake and makes BushCo. look good.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

He always does...

WMD was only one of the plethora of reasons to go to Iraq. And even if no stockpiles were found, the old Iraqi regime had the knowledge to create them and if sanctions against Saddam were lifted and inspections stopped, he would have reconstituted his programs and again threaten his neighbors with WMD. So the correct decision was made on all accounts.

1stly the claim that there was WMD was the reason we went in, other wise no one would have cared.
2nd every person on earth has weapon makeing capabiolity. Also a WMD can be classified as practically anything really.
Also what proof would do you have on that he would restart the programs?
Another great intel brief from the guys that mistake rocks for houses....

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It amazes me that here the elections have occured, admist all the fighting, and there is still no recognnition given to the fact that we are liberating them from a regime of fear. This is something that is pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.

Hello..........McFly......................there are other "regimes of fear" around the world and we haven't liberated those people! Why you ask, cause there's nothing in it for us. There is such a thing as sovereignty and every country on this planet is entitled to it. The first Gulf War was different because Iraq violated Kuwait's sovreignty as well as our interests, and we had every right to go in there and drop the hammer on Saddam. This was not the same, no matter how you try to justify it. Stop gravytraining Dubya word for word and come to the table with something stronger than that!

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
good for the bush administration if they lied...the only way to keep the troops ready for a real combat scenerio is to have real life practice....they are getting plenty of practice in iraq

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

He always does...

WMD was only one of the plethora of reasons to go to Iraq.

Actually the two official reasons were WMD and direct links with known terrorist organizations, both were proven unfounded. Simply stating that you do not like the way a certain country is governed and using it as a reason for invading is illegal and immoral, and you simply open the door for other countries to commit the same acts.

And even if no stockpiles were found, the old Iraqi regime had the knowledge to create them

Speculation.

and if sanctions against Saddam were lifted and inspections stopped, he would have reconstituted his programs and again threaten his neighbors with WMD.

Speculation.

So the correct decision was made on all accounts.

The un-lawful decision was made.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

And even if no stockpiles were found, the old Iraqi regime had the knowledge to create them

Speculation.

and if sanctions against Saddam were lifted and inspections stopped, he would have reconstituted his programs and again threaten his neighbors with WMD.

Speculation.

Since you claim that those statements are speculation, perhaps you can provide some evidence to back that up? Otherwise, we can just pull the speculation card on you.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
there was nothing un-lawful about the invasion because we don't answer to anyone else in the world....we don't seek a permission slip to kill the enemy

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

Speculation.

Speculation.

Since you claim that those statements are speculation, perhaps you can provide some evidence to back that up? Otherwise, we can just pull the speculation card on you.

Well CoolHand, are you gonna tell me that all that isn't speculation? Has it been proven to you? Help me open my eyes with your wisdom. Johnny Redburn is absolutely right. None of that crap would stand up in a court of law and you know it. It's easy for you and others to so blindly ride Dubya's bandwagon because you won't be called out by the majority. Unfortunately this behavior runs rampant here at ATS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
hehe No one's willing to take on my first comment? Interesting...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Well CoolHand, are you gonna tell me that all that isn't speculation? Has it been proven to you? Help me open my eyes with your wisdom. Johnny Redburn is absolutely right. None of that crap would stand up in a court of law and you know it. It's easy for you and others to so blindly ride Dubya's bandwagon because you won't be called out by the majority. Unfortunately this behavior runs rampant here at ATS.

Peace

If you would bother to do a search here there has been plenty of information (in numerous topics) as to the very evidence that you are looking for.

I have not made any claims here, so I do not need to put out any info to back up that claim. Compare that to JR who made a claim and then did not back it up.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
hehe No one's willing to take on my first comment? Interesting...

Because it's nonsensical and antagonistic. Bring some substance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join