It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush has been right about Iraq all along?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by Dr Love

Well CoolHand, are you gonna tell me that all that isn't speculation? Has it been proven to you? Help me open my eyes with your wisdom. Johnny Redburn is absolutely right. None of that crap would stand up in a court of law and you know it. It's easy for you and others to so blindly ride Dubya's bandwagon because you won't be called out by the majority. Unfortunately this behavior runs rampant here at ATS.

Peace

If you would bother to do a search here there has been plenty of information (in numerous topics) as to the very evidence that you are looking for.

I have not made any claims here, so I do not need to put out any info to back up that claim. Compare that to JR who made a claim and then did not back it up.

I asked you a question CoolHand and you didn't answer it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It is well documented that he created WMD in the past, no one denies that. If he was able to do so in the past, it is only logical that they still had the knowledge to do so again with the proper materials.

Since he was never given the opportunity to try to make them again, nobody will ever know whether or not he would have actually done it, but it is educated speculation based on past behavior and testimony of defectors.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeticha
there was nothing un-lawful about the invasion because we don't answer to anyone else in the world....we don't seek a permission slip to kill the enemy

It is unlawful to senselessy kill your own and other peoples citizens, hell if the US tactics are that they dont answer to anyone then they should be brought down.
That kind of power is far too much.
Also how where they "the enemy"?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It is well documented that he created WMD in the past, no one denies that. If he was able to do so in the past, it is only logical that they still had the knowledge to do so again with the proper materials.

Since he was never given the opportunity to try to make them again, nobody will ever know whether or not he would have actually done it, but it is educated speculation based on past behavior and testimony of defectors.

Well hey, I'm sure that's more than enough for the families of those who have lost their sons, daughters, mothers and fathers. You really hit the nail on the head with that one. Please forgive me for my insolence.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

He created it under US guidance.
He done it under US finaceing.
Infact everything about the project was influenced by the US.

How can you trust a man who betrayed his country?
"educated " by who's standards?
Yours? Mine?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I asked you a question CoolHand and you didn't answer it.

Here you go:
SEARCH HELP

That ought to help you see the information here that I was talking about.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

as posted by Dr. Love
Yeah, and if I had a wooden stick up my butt, I'd be a popsicle!!

Productive comment? Nah.
A tantalizing thought of seeing such? Yep.

BTW: Everything that is being brought up in this thread has been discussed within ATS so many times and to such a point that it all amounts to being redundant.

Time to move on? Apparently not.

seekerof

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Here you go:
SEARCH HELP

That ought to help you see the information here that I was talking about.

No offence but why should he do wrk for you?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It amazes me that here the elections have occured, admist all the fighting, and there is still no recognnition given to the fact that we are liberating them from a regime of fear. This is something that is pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.

How Impressed would you feel if another country or countries Declared the Bush Regime akin to world terror, came to the US. Destroyed your towns, homes, killed your women and children by the thousands arrrested Bush and forced a re-election? Would you feel liberated then?

I have said this before. WMD, associations with terrorist groups, responsible for 9/11, removing a dictator, etc. etc. etc. are all smoke and mirrors for attacking a country for their oil. Oppressed people ALL throught out history have risen up against their oppressors, have toppeled dictators, or created their own governing bodies. Heck the US did it in our own civil war.

You wouldn't want another country to come in and attack us and tell us how to run our country (and don't respond with "let them try! We'll nuke thier butts back to the stone age.") Why is it ok for us to do it to them?

The Iraqis are thrilled with what we've done for them!

Some are, some aren't. Thats why there are Iraqi Freedom fighters fighting UN and US trrops.

we don't seek a permission slip to kill the enemy

This sounds familiar... hmmmm. Oh yeah! Didn't Hitler say something like this?

Phae

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

good for the bush administration if they lied...the only way to keep the troops ready for a real combat scenerio is to have real life practice....they are getting plenty of practice in iraq

And thus you sum up the mentality of the worlds biggest terrorist - The United States.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Poor "Dr. Love" says:

"What he doesn't mention in that article are "weapons of mass destruction", the reason we went to war in the first place. The spineless twit that wrote that article is covering his arse plain and simple."[/]

Not being a medical professional, I shall refrain from diagnosing Mr. Love, and i do want to point out that Bush was wrong about "weapons of mass destruction".

Understand (and I am getting tired of saying this) I did not vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004; nonetheless, I am willing to be open minded about a couple of things that some of my more bloodthirsty and hysterical colleagues are not.

First, Bush and company may have known about the lack of WMDs or they may not have; I do not know for sure, nor does anyone here. If he was misled by over-enthusiastic data-providers, this does not escuse him from responsibility -- he is the President, after all -- but it means that the incompetents should be winkled out and disciplined, not taht Bush should be shot at sunrise.

Second, I don't think everyone thought WMDs were the only reason Bush attacked Iraq anyway. Despite his protestations, Bush really has been in the "nation-building" business; he was hoping to see all the Iraqis greeting him with cheers and flowers, and Saddam alrady hanging from a lamp-post in downtown Iraq. Iraq would then have elections, the people would vote overwhelmingly to become a secular-western democracy, and we would have another Turkey which would be an admirable counterbalance to Syria and Iran, and, most importantly, the Saudis.

Of course this did not happen, although the preliminary results seem to indicate that it might come about sooner or later.

But, regardless of one's political views, I think most people are glad that the Iraqis seem to have chosen to take the first steps toward democracy.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor
It amazes me that here the elections have occured, admist all the fighting, and there is still no recognnition given to the fact that we are liberating them from a regime of fear. This is something that is pretty damn impressive, if you ask me.

How Impressed would you feel if another country or countries Declared the Bush Regime akin to world terror, came to the US. Destroyed your towns, homes, killed your women and children by the thousands arrrested Bush and forced a re-election? Would you feel liberated then?

I have said this before. WMD, associations with terrorist groups, responsible for 9/11, removing a dictator, etc. etc. etc. are all smoke and mirrors for attacking a country for their oil. Oppressed people ALL throught out history have risen up against their oppressors, have toppeled dictators, or created their own governing bodies. Heck the US did it in our own civil war.

You wouldn't want another country to come in and attack us and tell us how to run our country (and don't respond with "let them try! We'll nuke thier butts back to the stone age.") Why is it ok for us to do it to them?

The Iraqis are thrilled with what we've done for them!

Some are, some aren't. Thats why there are Iraqi Freedom fighters fighting UN and US trrops.

we don't seek a permission slip to kill the enemy

This sounds familiar... hmmmm. Oh yeah! Didn't Hitler say something like this?

Phae

Good stuff, but I think you should save your breath. You can only fight the ignorant beast for so long.

Peace out

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yeah, and if I had a wooden stick up my butt, I'd be a popsicle!!
The sad part is that this can be arranged. We also have walk in freezers.... you could be made into a popscicle

I thought it was cool that most of those who voted kept the paint on thier thumb for the rest of the day....not being afraid of the Terrorists, lol...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hey Phaethor.
When you get the chance, please provide some links that says that this war was solely for oil (already discussed within ATS abundantly) and then when you do, how about provide some links that show that the US, the UK, etc. are benefiting from this newly "acquired" oil. Hell, Phaethor, that OIL that everyone claims this and that about isn't even helping the Iraqis, who to this day are going through a severe gasoline crisis.

Strange, huh? OIL? Yeah...riiiigght.
Show me were it has dropped my gas and oil bills, k? Show me were it is benefiting the Iraqis. Or, simply you can keep claiming and asserting such with no remote sense of credible and factual backing.

seekerof

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

as posted by Dr. Love
...You can only fight the ignorant beast for so long.

Dr. Love, heads-up, k?
Ignorant and ignorance are relative to this discussion. Easy little label to throw around, but then again it is also easy to simply take the stance that you are, correct? It's all relative in the end, huh?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So they have found WMD? I accept that Bush wasn't entirely wrong but i don't think he was entirely right. If freedom is the only objective in the next war, Iran should not be a priority because there are much worse places in the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gas prices just raised about 10 cents in the US. Average price is now $1.90, so obviously we're getting all that oil.

I think I do need to go away. Politics are really starting to piss me off. I was talking to an uncle the other night. I gave him 45 minutes on the "platform" to tell me where he was coming from. When I started to reply, he told me, "You know what? I don't care. I know this, I'm right and you don't need to say anything. In fact, I think you should just go to bed."

He gets most of his news from move on. He also comes to this site, and if he reads this, just know that night I lost a tonof respect for you and have no intention of ever speaking with you or your wife about anything of substance again, though I will be praying for you.

EDIT: hehe Plus, I was making a fist with my right hand and didn't even realize it until it really started hurting and I looked at it while writing about my uncle. Definately need to take a break.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Strange, huh? OIL? Yeah...riiiigght.
Show me were it has dropped my gas and oil bills, k? Show me were it is benefiting the Iraqis. Or, simply you can keep claiming and asserting such with no remote sense of credible and factual backing.

Seek i respect you but i have to say that kinda isnt corporate thinkin is it?
Do you think they would drop oil prices ?
No they would raise them and sell them better knowing they have the advantage and therefore the public has absolutely no idea about the real ammount of oil the companies have....

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is sort of like saying that we never should have arrested Al Capone on tax charges.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join