It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If time travel is possible, we and ancient peoples have been visited by time travelers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Being in cryogenesis would be a way to travel into the future, light speed goes until the past?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Unless you could make the whole galaxy move faster somehow, which would change the future of the galaxy. That's probably how a day to him is like 1000 years to us, unless he's an alien on a planet that takes a long time for a day to happen and they have mind enhancing devices. Unless God was somehow outside this universe where there is no time, but somehow everlasting life.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here's another one to think about. It's lighter on the math and pretty short but the conclusion is something to think about.

Basically that Light, because it's moving so fast only experiences Space. Space because it's not moving at all experiences Time.

So it works the same for all Relative perspectives too. Move fast through space and your time slows down. Don't move anywhere and your time goes faster.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not quite what I asked, but thanks all the same. I was being intentionally specific.

My point being, you can't possibly know what happens to someone at near light speed because it's never happened.

Speculating on what 'probably would' happen to a human at light speed is not enough to say we are informed on time travel.

Perhaps I just don't have as much faith in scientific predictions as you do.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

Not quite what I asked, but thanks all the same. I was being intentionally specific.

My point being, you can't possibly know what happens to someone at near light speed because it's never happened.

Speculating on what 'probably would' happen to a human at light speed is not enough to say we are informed on time travel.

Perhaps I just don't have as much faith in scientific predictions as you do.

Or you simply do not understand the math. Math that has been scientifically proven, experimentally. Those experiments, along with the math, CAN be used to extrapolate to that level of speed.

I am sorry that you cannot comprehend that. This is not a belief or religions system. It's math....proven math.

edit on 3/14/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Extrapolate. Great word. A fancy word for guessing or assuming, but a great word nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Time is personal. Even that Albert Einstein guy said so. So there is no other time than that which you personally experience.

That means there's no way for somebody else to "travel in time," from your perspective. And even if somehow you managed so "displace" yourself out of the time and space you're currently perceiving such that, say, you perceive yourself in 1860 or something, from your perspective you continued to travel forward into your own future. Yesterday you were here, today you're someplace else, etc.

The same thing would happen to a time traveler. They would go through the sequences of events that brought them back into this time, but to them time doesn't go backwards, it just keep going forward, day by day. Only the context changes for the individual.

Personal.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

Extrapolate. Great word. A fancy word for guessing or assuming, but a great word nonetheless.

I can see you have no concept of math at all if you think extrapolate is somehow "guessing" or "assuming". Guessing does not require mathematical proof at all. Again, you simply do not understand the math, so it must be "magic" to you.

Put it this way.

2+3 = 5
2+4 = 6
2+5 = 7

It is extrapolation that 2+6 will equal 8. But, the math will prove it out....

2+6 = 8

WOW!!! It must be magic!

Extrapolate what will 2+98 = ??

I do not have to add them to know it will be 100.

This is the same with the math regarding special relativity. It is just a bit more complex....but none-the-less exacting and provable.

edit on 3/14/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yes theoretically if you know the movement exactly of something through space then you could predict where it is in the future before you actually get there.

However, because of the uncertainty principle we can either know exactly where something is or exactly it travel rate but not both at the same time. So to measure a particle we can only approximate both of those meaning the more we know it's location the less we know where it's going or the more we know it's rate of travel the less we know exactly where it is. So our predictions will never be spot on the more we increase either the time/space value or the movement value.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yes theoretically if you know the movement exactly of something through space then you could predict where it is in the future before you actually get there.

However, because of the uncertainty principle we can either know exactly where something is or exactly it travel rate but not both at the same time. So to measure a particle we can only approximate both of those meaning the more we know it's location the less we know where it's going or the more we know it's rate of travel the less we know exactly where it is. So our predictions will never be spot on the more we increase either the time/space value or the movement value.

This is true for particles, but not or larger systems such as humans. In those cases the probabilities are so negligible as to be exact. Dealing with particles/wave is a lot more complex than larger systems that follow a more Newtonian set of physical laws.

That is what we are talking about here, not particle physics. Granted, as these larger systems (i.e. humans) get closer to the speed of light, their mass will increase so much toward infinity it will never be possible to travel AT the speed of light (given our current understanding of the physical world).

Now, if someone here has a different set of maths than can be proven mathematically that we can travel AT the speed of light, I an open to enlightenment. Anything less IS based upon assumption and guessing.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Correct. Because at that point we're measuring something at much smaller scales. Making them much more predictable.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maplestory777
a reply to: Swills

I bet an alien race has already discovered the "god" and found out how to use it, if possible, unless it is a man like the bible says
Well, the Bible doesn't explicitly denote God as a "man." God is light
God is Spirit
edit on 14-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Time is personal. Even that Albert Einstein guy said so. So there is no other time than that which you personally experience.

That means there's no way for somebody else to "travel in time," from your perspective. And even if somehow you managed so "displace" yourself out of the time and space you're currently perceiving such that, say, you perceive yourself in 1860 or something, from your perspective you continued to travel forward into your own future. Yesterday you were here, today you're someplace else, etc.

The same thing would happen to a time traveler. They would go through the sequences of events that brought them back into this time, but to them time doesn't go backwards, it just keep going forward, day by day. Only the context changes for the individual.

Personal.

That is an Exceptionally DEEP THOUGHT there . We All Exist in the NOW , and are Always Moving Forward into the Future . The Past is Dead , and Always Will Be......

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Unless somehow we've always no matter what have gotten visitors from the future, and maybe from hundreds of thousands of years ago if ancient people were more advanced than us. LIke if we went 1000 years into the future and found out there was another ice age, or that person didn't return so we tried 3000 years into the future where people were going through the start of civilisation again. So like our time actually had people from the future visiting us all along as a given instead of anything alternative dimension. Like if for sure we were able to create time travel, it happened that the time travelers came back throughout our history as fact

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join