It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If time travel is possible, we and ancient peoples have been visited by time travelers?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Theoretically , If Time Travel into ones Past were Ever possible , it would lead to an Alternate Universal Time Line where the Traveler would have Never Existed In .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That means, while they're gone time traveling, they technically wouldn't be existing? But they would at a different time, so technically they would be existing

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Yeah what do you mean by time travel like physically go back in time and be able to create an alternate universe and just linger there while you create a new timeline...or forever men style where you get massive computers to capture everything happening presently, and calculate all the different variables that led to that moment in time hence giving you the ability to see... What is existence? Cocacola #1 drink it
yeah

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maplestory777
a reply to: Swills

We could travel to wherever the beginning of the universe was and find out who started it

The beginning of the universe was everywhere.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Maplestory777

They would Exist in a Different Universe , in a Different Time Line . So the Theory goes....

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The ending of the universe could also be everywhere, honestly though.
It would only be everywhere for like a moment then.. it would be ... all around us... Cocacola denies these fraudulent claims it causes cancer it is russian propaganda! YEAH

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

They're time traveling, not dimension traveling

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Any chance you could link us to the humans-at-light-speed experiment?

I'm having trouble swallowing your informed opinions on time travel.
edit on 14 3 2017 by SlowNail because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Or we could just be avatars of our future selves being played out here like a game to be spectated somewhere, there where they are.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

That's how time travel works into the past, idk how they travel into the future

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ms898

What if no species ever evolves enough to a point where they can use time travel? (They die before discovering the technology) Also some people believe that you can only travel back to the moment from when the first time travel device is switched on.
This is the biggy about when such a TT device is switched on! If such a device was traveling with you and one would assume via another dimensional plain thus no current timeline conflicts or possible physical connection then the supposed constraint of not being able to travel back to a time before the device was created may well be a red herring. If using the same timeline then there maybe this constraint.

If you traveled back to a time before the device was created and then use the device again then surely the use of the very device at that time (in another timeline) in the past would become the new point at which the technology was available for use and does that not presuppose that when the device was actually created/first used may be irrelevant!

In my humble opinion the only constraint to time traveling is technological advancement which suggests that if you have many species of beings spread across the universe at different stages of technological advancement then those ahead of the pack will be time traveling! If the fabric and content of history is in someway stored/recorded or actually still exists then tapping in to it is the key and finding that key is a matter of discovery and technology. Is it possible that the past, present and future all co exist at the same time, if so we have our answer!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

You Cannot go into your Exact Past If Traveling in Time . You Wind up in an Alternate Timeline because you have Never Existed in your Exact Past . I Think............)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

If we can travel at the speed of light and locate earth like planets, perhaps the technology exists to locate earth quickly once we've time traveled, also with a computer to predict the movement and location of stars so we don't travel there

True. But then we'd also have to accurately predict the planet's terrain at the location of arrival. Miscalculate by a few meters or yards and the time travelers arrive or materialize in the middle of a volcano, ocean, tectonic plate, tree, wall, flock of animals, etc.

I think we'd have to time travel in vessels that are capable of space travel because even a good location prediction could make us arrive somewhere between the Earth and the moon. In fact, that might even be ideal since we wouldn't have to worry about the terrain or the other things I mentioned.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You can't just have time travelers that don't go into the past at all.

This may not be true, depending on how and if time travel ever becomes possible. I remember reading an interesting article once that basically said that time travel will always need to have some sort of "stargate" device, for lack of a better generalized term, out of which and into which one must travel in order to make it to a destination.

With this idea in mind, on time travel to the current (oxymoron?) and future would be possible, but never to a time before the first device (stargate) was created because there would be train station, so to speak, to which one could arrive.

But, if the device moves with you, like a DeLorean DMC-12, or a Tardis, or whatever the hell that thing is on the new show "Timeless," then you may have a theory on which to stand. But, I don't think that this is going to be how time travel is ever an option, so I see it as an improbability.

Of course, I'm no theoretical physicist, so what the hell do I know...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

Any chance you could link us to the humans-at-light-speed experiment?

I'm having trouble swallowing your informed opinions on time travel.

So, I take it you never took physics in school?
Ever hear of a guy names Albert Einstein?
It was his equations that predicted this natural phenomena. It has been proven repeatedly....even in rudimentary ways in college campuses all over the world. But, I'll give you some reading material to explain it...

Time Dilation: Time and Moving Clocks
Time Dilation: Description, Explanation & Examples

And here is a few YouTube videos to help you folks understand this a bit more.

edit on 3/14/2017 by Krakatoa because: Fixed video links

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What if there is no future, just the present and the past? Maybe we're just making it up as we go along.

What I mean is, this is the end of "time" and we're expanding the road ahead , and maybe one day we might be able to travel back down that road, but never forward as it doesn't exist yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Longer version with the math included.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I didn't want to overwhelm folks with the math.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It seems to me that you could travel into the future, but not the past and you can do this simply by rapid space travel, which we already know works.

By this I mean, traveling in space at high speed makes everything slower from your relative position. Just like the planes going around the earth compared to the atomic clocks on earth. The ones moving around the earth were slower.

So if you stayed on the earth with your clock for 60 years that would be one length of time. However if instead you flew through space really fast for those same 60 years you would come back to the earth and many many more years would have passed from your perspective than the 60 you experience.

That in a sense is time travel. But of course only from your relative position but it still works. So for example if I stay here on earth and live a normal life span I won't make it to the year 2100. I'm too old to live that long. But if I could fly in space real fast for a while and come back it might be the year 2150 when I return. So I would have made it further in time than naturally possible had I just stayed here.

But since it's all relative to just my time line it would only matter to me and my relative perspective anyway. Everyone on earth would just live their normal life and I'd be gone for a really long time. That also explains why you can't go back. Because you'd never be able to slow down your movement to a negative meaning you could never go so slow as to reverse you own time line. But you can, by moving fast enough, stretch out your timeline further in to future.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ya i know. But some might like it. I think he's kinda funny too in parts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join