It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MetaPhysics is Mind Physics- Meta-Blowing Truth Hidden in Plain Sight

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Detachment from the outcome of any intent is to allow for all possibilities. Imposing expectations limits possibilities. To allow uncertainty is to exist in superposition. "It" is the nothing, the void, the unlimited potential from which all things spring forth. In that realm all things are possible.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Look up absolute MU.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Wikipedia will not have the essence of this Koan in words. Is / is not possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow

Look up absolute MU.

I looked up absolute MU and could not find anything - can you provide a link please?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

ZEN KOAN Case 15 from Entangled Vines (One Peak is not White)

A monk asked Caoshan Benji, “Snow covers a thousand mountains. Why is one peak not white?”

Caoshan said, “You should recognize ‘distinction within distinction.’”

The monk asked, “What is ‘distinction within distinction’?”

Caoshan said, “Not falling into being the color of the other mountains.”

The monk was sitting or standing there asking a question "firmly" waiting for an answer.

Caoshan saw the mirror of the monk and the mountain yet one had no snow being bald as monks typically are.

p.s. Shan is Chinese for mountain so to ring such off the top of his head was likely old hat.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

What's missing is you must consider the mountains beyond what you perceive to be all one thousand. You must consider the other mountains.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienLaz

What's missing is you must consider the mountains beyond what you perceive to be all one thousand. You must consider the other mountains.

Or perhaps to just accept nature as it is - in all its glory - and be at peace with that thought.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Interesting interpretation.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Google
"Absolute MU" zen

Google books. There is a great deal of debate on this as you will find. My MU is a bit of sarcasm. I know the missing relative to the problem between Buddhism and Hinduism. Zen has a Hidden aspect unless a person realizes something simple. It resides in the heart of a person completing virtue and no where else.
edit on 15-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

If one is waiting firmly and silent in their nature of being asking about mountains being snow covered while mirroring one... then of course this mountain standing before Cao-Shan is going to be reflected in his words bald as all other mountains looking to be silent and bald without snow on their heads.

The true nature of being has a dog Buddha nature? How is a dog not a dog in it's nature? How does a human reflect dog nature in ones being? How does a monk asking how does nature reflect a mountain while standing/sitting there as one? Cao Shan held up a mirror; the monk carried it with him only later will it shave his head.

Distinction typically comes with age; that of strength and stability in an unshaken silence or presence of being greyed on top with snow like hair from the accumilation of experience, how could the monk not see the mirror of his own reflection in the very question asked? The distinction of mountains from a mountain asking? All Cao Shan could do was point to the mountain before him waiting to know the nature of mountains.

Like someone getting pissed of at a snake for biting them; that is in the sankes nature, only in ignorance will one assume a snake to some how lose it's nature of being a snake. Humans can mimic quite a few natures; sadly most of them displayed towards others? Inhuman... of course this is nothing new; it is why the Pig, Cock, and Snake are at the hub of the wheel of life or Bhava Chakra for Delusion, Greed, and Hate respectively in that order... all biting the tail of the other round and round into sucessive incarnations, let go of greed then where is hate or delusion going to bite?

Mindfulness, one can watch these states arising and passing in the mind; the intention to act or not act means skillful or unskill... the untamed mind will do to you worse than any enemy ever could. Meditation shows all of that clearly; one resolves and lets go of it stops chasing it building more pain and suffering and distress; they fashion the mind into a tool of unwavering strength and finally? Use it to cut the mind free once and for all to dwell in peace.

That does not mean others are not thusly attached however... such a thing as that can even be worse than the attachments oneself used to have in that thing mistaken as a self called ego.

This is all concepts farts in the wind; subjective reality to communicate... the absolute is no different than the mountain without any mountain existing, same as the monk being a mountain but not seeing it was existing in him as a distinction within a distinction.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Google
"Absolute MU" zen

Google books. There is a great deal of debate on this as you will find. My MU is a bit of sarcasm. I know the missing relative to the problem between Buddhism and Hinduism. Zen has a Hidden aspect unless a person realizes something simple. It resides in the heart of a person completing virtue and no where else.

Sorry - still couldn't find where it says 'has/has not'. Could you go to the page and then copy and paste a link for me so I can read what it says please - it is not difficult to do - that is if you have seen it online at all. Is this a wild Goose chase?

I am very unsure of what you write if you now declare that 'your' MU is sarcasm and that absolute MU is debatable.

edit on 16-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

But say, tell me what sarcastic MU means. You might go insane trying to find it. Existential actualization of Absolute Mu requires this: RAIN COW

Background to MU

Link 1

Bark up this tree

A monk once asked Master Joshu, "Has a dog the Buddha Nature or not?" Joshu said, "Mu!"

Link MU

MUUUUUU

You will one day laugh. MU!

edit on 16-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Can you tell me which link shows that absolute mu is 'has/has not' please?
I am not willing to go to all the links and search for something i don't think i am going to find - I feel you are having a bit of fun, not really communicating.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I love all this stuff but just like any wisdom I feel compelled to play devil's advocate.
I meditate, I try to find peace. But I am also aware that I am a biological creature in this realm [whatever that may be].

I am not trying to be obnoxious but deliberately want to show a different side. Because after all it has been said that humans need both sides, peace and war, this and that, yin and yang to be complete and 'learn'.

Lets now see it from the cold way of Neuroscience and physical biology.

I personally wish there would be a soul and I have a lot of 'inner' philosophical conversations but I am also always looking at the extreme opposites and see if it can hold up to them.

We cannot choose who we are. We are born from parents that gave us genetic material, which determines how we are built. On the 'mind' level, this means how many ion channels are present in the brain and how much of each neurotransmitter is released. No amount of meditation can change these biological hurdles.

In my case it has lead to lifelong anxiety issues that I can 'trick' into false submission but which are always there, underneath all the brain hacking [meditation, re-programming etc] it lurks, ready to jump out when I don't have the peace and tranquility necessary to tame it.

There are also other mental disorders that stop intelligent people from achieving whatever it is each teachings end-state is [or even just the knowledge that there is no achievable end state].
There are also people who are born with low IQs, who will never understand any of this and never show interest.

I know that some here would say that they still have souls that are 'learning'. That every impression in life adds to the learning of the soul. That's all nice and dandy, but what IF there is no soul?

What if we exist only whilst alive? If you switch off all senses that connect us to this world [be it actually real or just a program], you cease to exist. I know that because I was under anesthetic once and I know I did not exist in those couple of hours. I was literally switched off. No dream state or other consciousness, just non existent. Apart from my heart beating and my lungs breathing, for all intents and purposes I was 'off this world' or 'dead to the world'.
[I have enough experience that could point towards a soul and reincarnation too, but can I trust these memories?]

I have hope that anesthetic may also stop souls form experiencing anything and that when we cease to exist, there is a kind of being that goes on, but I HAVE to have my doubts without concrete proof. I cannot ever have 100% faith in anything.

Not even with the deepest wisdom, if there is a chance 'it may not be so'.

This is how I live my life. I can take ideas from here and there and I can apply them and find them deep and meaningful but I also HAVE to consider other possibilities.

So as a long suffering person of anxiety, I don't want, nor do I need more crap in my life. All I want is to have peace, despite the notion that my soul MUST learn or else all is for nothing. BS. I understand that you can't value happiness without having experienced bad things but I draw the line at inner turmoil just for the soul to have value.

I am quite happy and content when everything in my life is nice. I can appreciate it, I can value it and I want it. My biology has caused me enough suffering.

All these ancient wisdoms and riddles and wisdom riddles are good for widening your horizon, IF you are able to. A lot of people are not able to do this, are they useless, not worthy, is their soul learning 'without them' and is that not somewhat putting them into a 'lesser' position to all those that understand how to achieve nirvana and self control?

Or could it not be that we are what we are and then we die?
That we don't need to have a life of suffering but could just as much learn to appreciate it through other positive means? Could it not be that we are merely like computer programs. Here one moment, switched off the next and then when switched on again, with no knowledge of having even been switched off? What if we never learn? What if we suffer for nothing?

What if?

Oh and the mountain without snow may just be lower than the others and hence snow doesn't stick. It is also just a wise [pretentious and deliberately vague riddle], which nobody HAS to solve ever if they chose not to. Real wise people may just teach the answer [even if there isn't one], then those who lack the insight may be able to learn about these things too and not just an 'intelligent enough' elite.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You bring up an important point, Hecate666, in that, is pondering/meditating and perhaps worrying about existence/destruction (or riddles) really to one's spiritual benefit? The methodology we choose for our spiritual enlightenment must be of the utmost importance and which actually benefits us in a positive way - not so much causing anxiety or feelings of unworthiness.

I would say, if one seeks outwardly from others' experiences one can never really know one's path, for they adopt others' perspectives which certainly taints their own. However, for those who have physical or mental deficiencies, perhaps they must follow others' teachings and paths.

If one if able in all respects and seeks inwardly through meditation, and also allows for the free flow of one's natural energies, then I would say, that, to me, seems to be the most purest form of gaining knowledge (from what personal experiences may be gleaned from reflection) and enlightenment.
edit on 13CDT07America/Chicago04170731 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

For me, a most wonderful aspect of this is the knowledge that the final robe (body) and crown (mind) is the result of the suffering of the saints (host). Christ wears this, yet we all receive it as well in the end. No matter who we are, there is a collective part to play. Simulation requires us all.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Focus on the breath; notice the position of it in the lungs is it high in the lungs, low, at what point or what occurance/circumstances does the breath change what other physical things occur in the body in relation to the change in breathing?

Make that your focus and seek to keep your breathing natural and easy no matter what arises; of course under strenuous effort the heart will beat faster the breath may stop become rapid... notice those changes, under effort or anything else except swimming keep breathing normally.

Yes there is breathing "abnormally" such as someone takes a deep breath and holds it in the idea that it allows them to exert more strength or effort where a firm root and rythmic breathing are more advantagious; so of course having trained oneself to breathe wrongly as a coping mechanism then physiological issues such as anxiety are going to manifest... the mind then darts to every possibility in a situation before it can even register and the heart just sort of flutters because at some point the breathing has stopped or become very unequal in inspiration and expiration.

Universe in universe out; all is constantly touching each other in contact... subtly(unbound and bound atoms as air/space/energy) and grossly(larger conglomerates of matter such as the earth/sun/your couch) Beings a combination of both; aware and unaware of the connectivity and conditioned arising on which all of this depends or hangs.

The absolute is not conditioned beyond form and formless; the conditioned is the subjective the names and concepts of nonsense we take as reality instead of simply a subject; in doing so? We make others not oneself also subject and slave to them. Stop subjecting oneself to it; with the mind is liberation dwelling in the absolute. Stop subjecting others to it? The choice to teach or not to teach those seeking.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

Lots of bumperstickers getting tossed tonight. This sounds like BS every time I hear it! You are either claiming that in all of human history, you will not admit to anyone ever being liberated/Enlightened?

Yet, here we are, in Buddha Bodies.

You said that no one is Enlightened unless everyone is, to which I responded "You are either claiming that in all of human history, you will not admit to anyone ever being liberated/Enlightened, or that all, ever, are Enlightened".
To which you replied; "Yet, here we are, in Buddha Bodies."
Now, I can appreciate the jargon and metaphor of any Path, but I do not see any meaning in that response. Nor, especially, how it refutes my translation of your claim.

Enlightenment is the first step of the realization process to see yourself by the function of the Buddha Body you occupy.

You have used a lot of words, here, but said, as far as I can tell, nothing.
There is no 'step' beyond 'Enlightenment/unconditional Love'.
There is no 'step' beyond the transcendental.
All your jargon is ego masquerading in sweet ignorant vanity's clothing!
The 'body' of Enlightenment/unconditional Love is Universal, ever!
"The Buddha body that "I" occupy"?
Imagining that there is some distinction between 'Us' and the One unchanging Universe, that there is some 'body' that 'I' occupy, is more of the same ego illusions of identity/duality.
As long as We are limited, we exist in the ego;

"Though dwelling inside the womb of my mother,
I understand all the births of all the gods!
A hundred bodies as strong as iron citadels restrained me,
But, like a hawk I broke away,
and with swiftness,
forth I flew!"
- Vamadev

The second step is...

Until you have actual experience/Knowledge of your (imagined) 'first step', and then go on to, perhaps, have actual experience/Knowledge of a second step, I'm going to have to bypass the 'religious jargon and doctrines and drama' (of the ego/vanity) that you offer, as I have heard and seen it all, and it is all 'conditional', all 'dualistic', all thought/ego!

"Be empty of what you know
Your clever mind just whips up
A dust storm of pride.
Allow yourself to be fooled and
peace clowns its way into your heart.

If your head would shatter in wonder
at what Reality really is,
reason’s tyranny would end and
every hair on your head would
become an oracle" - Rumi

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Arjuna had to humble himself before the one speaking to both you and I on this thread.

Self! speaks to Self! on this and all threads.

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart
ONE AND THE SAME!

"Perhaps it is the curvature of space that, like a fun-house mirror distorting our own reflection, we imagine strangers." - Mythopoeicon

Perhaps that is because Arjuna was not Enlightened, and lacked understanding.
The 'Arjuna' of the tale represents all of us, the ignorant masses, for whom the story is meant.
It was far from a tale of Enlightened Beings.
The ultimate Reality is that every mouth is God's mouth, every Word is God's word, every body is God's body, every right arm is God's right arm, every thought is God's thought!
There is no one else, no 'other'.
Omni means One!
All inclusive!
Alone!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Very close, but more to it. Why did St. Patrick stamp out snakes in Ireland? Is there a higher reason?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join