It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MetaPhysics is Mind Physics- Meta-Blowing Truth Hidden in Plain Sight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
'Within' is a myth!

edit on 13-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

What is the sound of one hand clapping? This question silences the mind stream. The answer is not 'is/is not' - or is it?

Two hands clapping is like two out of tune instruments. On hand is in tune, disappearing one to the other, or uniform relation. Echad (many as one).
Yoga is union and unity.
edit on 13-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

On hand is in tune, disappearing one to the other, or uniform relation.

Sorry can you rephrase that please? I cannot make any sense out of it whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

On hand is in tune, disappearing one to the other, or uniform relation.

Sorry can you rephrase that please? I cannot make any sense out of it whatsoever.

All things in uniform relation, or chiral. For one hand to clap, it takes two entering unity. It's the essence of Echad.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Of the 10 Dimensions (Directions), name the one I leave out?

North, South, East, West, Past, Present, Future, Above and Below.

Zero, nothing, the void - the infinite possibility

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

ZEN KOAN Case 15 from Entangled Vines (One Peak is not White)

A monk asked Caoshan Benji, “Snow covers a thousand mountains. Why is one peak not white?”

Caoshan said, “You should recognize ‘distinction within distinction.’”

The monk asked, “What is ‘distinction within distinction’?”

Caoshan said, “Not falling into being the color of the other mountains.”

Attempt to solve the Koan. What is distinction within distinction? Why is one mountain not covered in snow? What metaphysical truth do we glean from Orthogonal thinking? See into this and solve the Koan. The token it carries is central to all my threads. Opening eyes to these hidden realities requires what you already know, yet latent within your sleeping mind.

---- What do my thoughts reveal about my sleeping mind?

Distinction within distinction is looking past appearances and recognizing nature's truth (not necessarily ever being able to understand its distinctions).

Why is knowing why one mountain is not covered in snow of any importance in the grander scheme of things?

The metaphysical (meta - abstraction behind another concept / physical - things perceived through the senses) truth that is gleaned by Orthogonal thinking is merely another way of looking at one's reality (another perception).

-----------------

"All".
edit on 13CDT03America/Chicago03330331 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Inside.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow

Inside.

Inside is part of the all.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

All of my threads and comments focus on one central theme--Dharma (universal nature) of both the Outer and Inner Worlds.

SOLVE THE KOAN BELOW

See Thread 1 for perspective: Orthogonal Thinking is the Physics of the Scribe

In Latin, Meta means beyond, or after. While the western mind sees before and after as relative, the Eastern mind sees the thing you face as before you (facing the past). After, or beyond, is like turning another direction, or in Hebrew, Aharit (Future), leaving the past behind. Manu in Sanskrit is Mankind, or "To Think." Metacognition is beyond cognition, or knowing what you already know.

Anamnesis - Rediscovery of forgotten knowledge or talents as residual images left behind by past lives

In Plato's Meno, we have this quote:

Plato Complete Works - John M. Cooper, p. 880 (MENO)

"As the soul is immortal, has been born often and has seen all things here and in the underworld, there is nothing which it has not learned; so it is in no way surprising that it can recollect the things it knew before, both about virtue and other things. As the whole of nature is akin, and the soul has learned everything, nothing prevents a man, after recalling on thing only--process men call learning--discovering everything else for himself, if he is brave and does not tire of the search, for searching and learning are, as a whole, recollection.

Metamorphosis is akin to the Sanskrit word MATAM, or the adaptation of thinking that comes from seeking and finding. If you put the two ideas together, the physics of the mind, or our MetaCognition begin to reveal how the branching and folding of information takes place. To see the world from Orthogonal thinking, you must look at seemingly unrelated concepts to make connections.

ZEN KOAN Case 15 from Entangled Vines (One Peak is not White)

A monk asked Caoshan Benji, “Snow covers a thousand mountains. Why is one peak not white?”

Caoshan said, “You should recognize ‘distinction within distinction.’”

The monk asked, “What is ‘distinction within distinction’?”

Caoshan said, “Not falling into being the color of the other mountains.”

Attempt to solve the Koan. What is distinction within distinction? Why is one mountain not covered in snow? What metaphysical truth do we glean from Orthogonal thinking? See into this and solve the Koan. The token it carries is central to all my threads. Opening eyes to these hidden realities requires what you already know, yet latent within your sleeping mind.

What is missing? The last place you would look.

Just some thoughts...

The unique mountain doesn't have snow on it because it is hotter than the other mountains.
Maybe it is a volcano.
A fire burns inside it.

What is missing from... North, South, East, West, Past, Present, Future, Above and Below?
Inside

Say you are are at the final frontier of your seeking.
You can't seem to find the answer you are looking for anywhere you look.
So you have to figure it out on your own... go with your gut.

BTW, I like your avatar, the dog and... MU.
Are you making a reference to the lost island?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It's the last place a person would look.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

MU is the first Koan of all Koans. I'll do a thread on it eventually. It means has / has not in an absolute sense, as in, "Does a dog have Buddha nature?".

What would your answer be? I say MU.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Also, read the comments closely. The answers to the koan of the mountain have been somewhat answered. Think of meditation and how enlightenment is the activation of consciousness. Relate this to a volcano making the mountain from inside out, then connect this to being dormant (asleep) and active. Compassion is Com (With) Passion (Fire). Action is fire, making the person. If it is done for self, it consumes the essence. If it is done for others, it makes the mountain that cannot be moved.

The wind cannot overturn a mountain.
Temptation cannot touch the man
Who is awake, strong and humble,
Who masters himself and minds the dharma.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

The Zen you speak of is not the Hidden Zen beyond (Meta).

A) I did not mention Zen.
If you have a problem with something that I said, show me that you understand it by the crafting of your refutation.
The only 'Zen' to which I refer, other than my brand of meditation, is what Bodhidharma said; "Anything done thoughtlessly is Zen."
If you have a problem with that, if he wasn't 'arcane' enough for your tastes, take it up with him.
The arcane becomes, inevitably, mundane!

The emptiness (field of unlimited potential) is a hint, not the infinity of existence.

That anything can be 'infinite' is rather debatable.
There can be; 'seems like infinite' (count the oxygen atoms existing in the Milky Way at any moment?)
As far as the 'unlimited potential'/Bindu, Mind/Consciousness, there is no 'beyond'.
"Consciousness is the ground of all being!" - Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics
One Universal Consciousness.

27 Pure, unstained religion, according to God our Father, is to take care of orphans and widows when they suffer and to remain uncorrupted by this world.

The God knows that no such thing exists.
Pipe dreams?
Perhaps God didn't realize that 'religion' is a product of 'ego', vanity, and has NEVER been all about such sweetnesses.
A 'belief infection' (the basis of religion) must defend, feed and sally forth and propagate by any means possible!
History (and the newspaper) details the horrors!

Unless both Compassion and Enlightenment meet, only half is learned.

'Compassion' is an unconditional Virtue of unconditional Love/Enlightenment!
It is not possible to be unconditionally Compassionate without being 'Enlightened'.

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS Known by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

'Learning' has nothing to do with it.
At the bottom of the rabbit hole, all you have 'learned' must be left behind before you can go through the door.

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

The flaming sword is death.

As all dualities; 'life' and 'death', 'time' and 'space'... all and only exist in/as 'thought/ego, utterly transcended in Enlightenment/unconditional Love!
All 'limitations' are 'thought/ego', the 'definitions' of 'identity'!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

MUNI is the Sage and Duty as defined. This is the simple answer. Com is with. Cate means to bring food, or to bring from within out.

ComMUNIcate.

Transmission is not with words, but with deeds.

Is a 'word' not also a 'deed'?

Compassion is the distraction of the heart required for liberation.

Without having experienced Enlightenment/unconditional Love, it makes sense that you have a 'facile definition'. That which is transcendental can have no such 'limitations' as such a definition offers.
As the bright Light is composed of many colors, so is unconditional Love composed of many unconditional Virtues!

The gift of Heaven is not liberation, but virtue.

The 'manifestation' of unconditional Love are, as I have offered, the unconditional Virtues.
Simple.
If there is one, there is the other!
Unconditional Love can only be recognized by it's Virtues!
Enlightenment is liberation is unconditional Love!

Duplicity cannot be the desire of giving and compassion. It must be distinct from the desire.

'Desire' does not exist in the state of Enlightenment/unconditional Love!
I don't know what you mean by 'giving'. Perhaps you mean 'Charity' (which has nothing to do with 'giving', but in not taking more than your share of anything so that others can have their share)?
But, other than as a cheap substitute, there is no Compassion without Love, thus there is no 'desiring Compassion', one becomes Compassion/Love!
All 'desire' is of the vain ego.

Either all beings are liberated, or none are liberated.

Lots of bumperstickers getting tossed tonight.
This sounds like BS every time I hear it!
You are either claiming that in all of human history, you will not admit to anyone ever being liberated/Enlightened?
I do not suspect that you can support such a bumpersticker with logic and experience.
Everyone who imagines himself a Xtian thinks that they are, by Jesus' magic, 'liberated'!
The absurdity of your statement shows that you have done way more 'reading' than 'practicing'.
Been there.

LUXOR "As to deserving, know that the gift of heaven is free; this gift of Knowledge is so great that no effort whatever could hope to 'deserve' it."
You seem to be reciting some sort of catechism/dogma that you have... found tasty (or worse; 'believe'), and it is a form of 'communication', though rather one way and fruitless (other than for your ego).
As is common with (even scholarly) 'book learning', it must be complicated/complex, because A) it is never 'enough', because B) it never rises to Knowledge/experience (of other than the book).
You are assuming that this 'gift of Heaven' to which you refer is Knowledge?
I'm sorry, by it seems that it's time to start to practice something, anything for about 20 years, or so, to, perhaps, gain real Knowledge/experience.
I can talk until I'm blue, and you will not understand.
You can repeat stuff that you read until you are blue, and I already read it.

It really is simple;
“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

"Be empty of what you know
Your clever mind just whips up
A dust storm of pride.
Allow yourself to be fooled and
peace clowns its way into your heart.

If your head would shatter in wonder
at what Reality really is,
reason’s tyranny would end and
every hair on your head would
become an oracle" - Rumi

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

MU is the first Koan of all Koans. I'll do a thread on it eventually. It means has / has not in an absolute sense, as in, "Does a dog have Buddha nature?".

Some English translation equivalents of wú or mu 無 are:

"no", "not", "nothing", or "without"[2]
nothing, not, nothingness, un-, is not, has not, not any[3]
[1] Nonexistence; nonbeing; not having; a lack of, without. [2] A negative. [3] Caused to be nonexistent. [4] Impossible; lacking reason or cause. [5] Pure human awareness, prior to experience or knowledge. This meaning is used especially by the Chan school. [6] The 'original nonbeing' from which being is produced in the Daode jing.
en.wikipedia.org...
I could not find where it said 'has/has not'. I see 'has not' but not 'has'. 'Mu' is negation - 'has' is not a negation - how did you arrive at 'has'?
Can you verify please? With a link to where it says Mu is 'has/has not'.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The koan is not about whether a dog does or does not have a Buddha-nature because everything is Buddha-nature, and either a positive or negative answer is absurd because there is no particular thing called Buddha-nature. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

If you are interested in the 'gateless gate' - you might also like the open secret - here is the first paragraph :

This is unlike any other communication in that it directly and unerringly exposes the illusory sense of separation which veils oneness and illuminates the wonderful futility of seeking for that which has never been lost.
www.theopensecret.com...
Or this - the open doorway - first page:

"Leave the realm of the describable! It doesn't exist!
You define your problems into existence, as well as their hoped-for solutions,
thus creating an apparent difficult, limited reality, where none exists whatsoever.

This actual, present condition is absolutely inconceivable;
ANY way you hold it to be with your descriptions and ideas
does not actually exist, and cannot in actuality limit or entrap you.

Your imagined un-realization, confusion, spiritual obscuration,
as well as the imagined enlightenment that you hope for as its solution,
DO NOT EXIST! They are defined into apparent existence
by your imagination.

This actual condition can be clearly known as it is,
but not if it is held to be this or that
in imagination.

Let go of all descriptions, and then what is this? You cannot say...

...but it is not nothing, and is wonderful beyond imagination."
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

describing is the fun part

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: daniel2sxc

I once heard that the devil has all the fun!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join