It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intelligence committee clears the president of accusations of treason with Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I would like to remind everybody of something to add to the subject of my post on this thread:

Washington Post assigns army of 20 to dig into 'every phase' of Trump's life

Washington Post --- Jeff Bezos --- Amazon Web Services --- $600million Contract with CIA

I smell a frame in the works.

What was it that Mark Twain said?

"Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel."

But hey, seeing how Trump is a leader and not a reader, I wouldn't expect that he's ever heard that little bit of wise advice.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I read the subject of this thread, but 2 hours ago Fox News interviews some Congressman who said that they're moving forward with investigating HOW Russia influenced last year's election. Was there some new development today?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Does anyone trust the Tea Party led house to tell the truth?
I sure as hell don't.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WTAtennisfan

You do realize the investigation is ONGOING? Getting Started??

Nunes is saying they haven't seen evidence...they are waiting on presentations and reports from the intelligence community..

In other breaking news...Jeff Sessions, the New Attorney General and Former Trump Campaign Advisor lied during his confirmation hearings about not having any contact with Russian Officials last year..

He met with the Russian Ambassador/Top Spy in DC TWICE last year, including a private meeting in his office...and lied about the meetings...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I wonder if the Obama Administration was rushing to drum-up evidence, or preserve evidence, after Donald Trump was elected???

""WASHINGTON — In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections, and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.""

Full Story: www.msn.com... rtanntp

What final authority can make this annoying mosquito stop buzzing America's ears?

-cwm

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Trey Gowdy.

An irrelevant speck. Not a spy or a policeman. He is a paper shuffler, a man who calls sitting at a desk looking at documents and statements an investigation. I am willing to bet that the investigation involved looking at paper trails that deliberately led no where, because they were designed to, and little, if any, serious intelligence gathering to ensure everything that ought to be known, be known.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Trey Gowdy

Harold Watson "Trey" Gowdy III /ˈɡaʊdi/ (born August 22, 1964) is an American attorney, politician and former prosecutor. He currently serves as the U.S. Representative for South Carolina's 4th congressional district. He is a member of the Tea Party movement and the Republican Party.[1] His district includes much of the Upstate region of South Carolina, including Greenville and Spartanburg.

Before his election to Congress, Gowdy was the district attorney for the state's Seventh Judicial Circuit, comprising Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties. From 1994 to 2000, he was a federal prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney for the District of South Carolina.

Gowdy served as clerk for John P. Gardner on the South Carolina Court of Appeals as well as for United States District Court Judge George Ross Anderson, Jr.. He then went into private practice before being selected as a U.S. federal prosecutor in April 1994. Gowdy would later be awarded the Postal Inspector’s Award for the successful prosecution of J. Mark Allen, one of “America’s Most Wanted” suspects.

In February 2000, he left the United States Attorney’s Office to run for 7th Circuit Solicitor. He defeated incumbent Solicitor Holman Gossett[9] in the Republican primary. He ran unopposed in the general election. Gowdy was reelected in 2004 and 2008, both times unopposed. During his tenure, he appeared in two episodes of "Forensic Files," as well as Dateline NBC and SCETV.[10] He prosecuted the full set of criminal cases, including seven death penalty cases.

When the state faced a budget crunch that forced many employees to go on unpaid furloughs, Gowdy funneled part of his campaign account into the solicitor's budget so his staff could keep working.[11]

I can't think of anybody more qualified to work in the Justice Department, to work in the House Intelligence Committee, to go after and prosecute the corrupt scum within our own government, than Trey Gowdy.

God bless America, and shame on you for condemning a branch of professionals whom you haven't even the slightest inkling of their qualifications.

Stick to tea and crumpets.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

You have entirely failed to show that Gowdy has any investigative abilities what so ever. Let me make you aware of something. There is a significant difference between a prosecutor, and an investigator. A prosecutor is nothing more than a lawyer. Thats all.

An investigator is a legworker. They actually go out and visit relevant places, speak to people all throughout a scene or societal group who might have inside knowledge of the thing they are investigating, they assess a persons trustworthiness, they get answers to questions, raid buildings and question people in them, they actually investigate. Prosecutors do none of these things. The issue papers, they file papers, they create papers, they this that and the other with their paperwork, but they do NOT have the training, the know how, or the respect for actual WORK that is necessary to investigate anything. I highly doubt that Mr Gowdy has ever staked a place out for five days in order to establish the veracity of a particular piece of intelligence. I highly doubt that Mr Gowdy has ever had to physically catch a suspect or a person of interest. I highly doubt that Mr Gowdy, therefore, has anything like the credentials required to investigate the contents of a packet of Doritos, leave alone anything as serious as this topic.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Except investigation was his job for many years.

I get it, he's conservative and you don't like him because of that.

Great.

Doesn't mean he isn't qualified.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What a clickbait thread title: FAKE NEWS.

No, he (Trump) hasn't been cleared of anything.

There just haven't been any clear links or evidence found yet.

“As of right now, I don’t have any evidence of any phone calls. It doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but I don’t have that,” he reiterated. “What I’ve been told, by many folks, is that there’s nothing there — but we’re absolutely looking into it.”

That means the investigation is ONGOING, not that he has been "cleared" of anything.

The most important part of all of this:

[F.B.I.] Investigators, the officials said, have become increasingly confident, based on the evidence they have uncovered, that Russia’s direct goal is not to support the election of Mr. Trump, as many Democrats have asserted, but rather to disrupt the integrity of the political system and undermine America’s standing in the world more broadly.

and

“It isn’t about the election,” a second senior official said, referring to the aims of Russia’s interference. “It’s about a threat to democracy.”

The threat to democracy, which we are beginning to see first-hand in this administration in its public condemnation of the press as the "enemy of the people" and for those against the admin as the "opposition," for starters. It appears Russia is/has somehow throwing/thrown a monkey wrench into our political gear system, and the results are showing. This is very dangerous.

edit on 2-3-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Where does it say he was ever an actual investigator?

Show me his boot print on a door, or the cuffs he used to carry. Show me his credentials. Because all I have seen of this guy, despite looking, is that he has been one or another kind of lawyer, paper shuffler, or other type of oxygen thief.

Walter Walsh was an investigator. Dave Toschi is an investigator. Gowdy is a suit. Thats all he is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join