It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intelligence committee clears the president of accusations of treason with Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
thehill.com...

Keep in mind this investigation has been more than a year in the making. www.nytimes.com...
edit on 1-3-2017 by WTAtennisfan because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WTAtennisfan
thehill.com...

Keep in mind this investigation has been more than a year in the making. www.nytimes.com...

I wonder how many liberals will come in here and admit they were wrong. I would be willing to bet large sums of money the answer is ZERO!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

These accusations will likely die as fast as hillary's email scandels that amounted to nothing.
In other words we will hear about it for the next year.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Rather than any links between the White House and Russia, Nunes insisted, the only “serious crime” of which the committee had any evidence is a myriad of media leaks, apparently from the intelligence community.

From the Op's source

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So Trump and his administration were right all along when they called the media fake news for reporting this with ZERO evidence? I wonder if they'll be as energetic in reporting this news? They don't call them the "drive-by" media for nothing.

originally posted by: Bluntone22

These accusations will likely die as fast as hillary's email scandels that amounted to nothing.

They didn't amount to nothing. As Comey said, any other person would have been "disciplined" for what she did. It also amounted to proof she was completely incompetent.
edit on 1-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well now that this is over can we work to eliminate the rogue elements in the intelligence community and get back to work on the economy, immigration reform, eliminating ISIS, and mandating taco Tuesday?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Except for the fact there is evidence in the email scandal. If anything more than anything with Trump and Russia.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
From the OP's article:

The contents of the transcript of the wiretapped phone call between Flynn and Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyac were made public through leaks to The Washington Post earlier this month.

These calls were FISA-warranted communications. Remember, Obama had just kicked out 35 Russian diplomats. That is a big deal, so any foreign diplomat associated with Russia would naturally be wire-tapped by US Intelligence. Flynn had to have known this with all his intelligence background.

In order to pass any information on to The Washington Post since it was obtained under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act,a mechanism had to be used to remove that information and give it to a reporter at WaPo.

That is big time illegal!! There should be a record of who had access and how they removed and dispensed this confidential information.

Two things:

Are there "columns" within our Intelligence Agencies stealing and leaking national security information.

WHO REALLY IS WaPo?? Why are they being handed over secret info? Are they getting secrets some other way?

Remember, Jeff Bezos, who is not a fan of Donald Trump, owns WaPo AND Amazon. Amazon Web Services has received a $600million dollar contract from the CIA (Oct. 2014) to provide Cloud service to the CIA along with 17 other US intelligence agencies!!

Who approved this deal?
Who within the intelligence community is slipping them info?
Or, are they taking the info?
Who, at Amazon Web Services (AWS) has security clearances to maintain the Cloud for Intelligence?

edit on 1-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WTAtennisfan

Sounds legit.

Until you realise the that the House Intelligence Committee is a group of politicians, not investigators, law enforcement professionals, intelligence operatives, or anyone capable of making an assessment about anything at all. Its just a room full of unqualified people.

Just so we are clear, its politicians. Their conclusions have all the weight of a damp fart.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Just so we are clear, its politicians. Their conclusions have all the weight of a damp fart.

They're even worse than CNN anchors usually. However, as far as damp farts go, so seems to be the Russia allegations.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
But but but ... his hair is funny.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Huh? From your source:

The committee has... not received all of the evidence it expects from U.S. intelligence agencies. He described his inquiries to those agencies regarding Trump’s campaign associates as “initial.”

“As of right now, I don’t have any evidence of any phone calls. It doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but I don’t have that,” he reiterated. “What I’ve been told, by many folks, is that there’s nothing there — but we’re absolutely looking into it.”

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
But it had to be the Russians. All those liberals parroting this nonsense can't be wrong.

Maybe this will clear things up a little, maybe they will start investigating the leaks and get rid of the people doing it. Employees of the intelligence agencies should be trustworthy with the info they have, not toss out anything they feel is public knowledge before it is officially released. They need to take future pensions away from the people they can too. Why should the people of this country pay a pension to people who are creating unneeded chaos amongst the people in the country.

I suppose these people are going to think they will get whistle blower money for doing this, well, if it is a real issue I can see someone getting a reward. But you can't take heresay and say they are real without any hard evidence to show that they really happened and were actually pertinent to the claim.

Now the fact that Trump doesn't get along with some of these agencies so well means I doubt if they will cover anything up if they find it.

I hope that this committee actually goes after the media for promoting all this crap. They may be able to take away some tax breaks they have.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sounds legit.

but wild accusations with no evidence sound pretty legit...right ?

Until you realise the that the House Intelligence Committee is a group of politicians, not investigators, law enforcement professionals, intelligence operatives, or anyone capable of making an assessment about anything at all. Its just a room full of unqualified people.

while accusers on the other hand...are all highly skilled professional investigators.

For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead

Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government.

I bolded the important part for you. You obviously missed the first few sentences.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Exactly!

Unless there is actual hard proof - - as in Nixon.

None of these government accusations go anywhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

Huh? From your source:

The committee has... not received all of the evidence it expects from U.S. intelligence agencies. He described his inquiries to those agencies regarding Trump’s campaign associates as “initial.”

“As of right now, I don’t have any evidence of any phone calls. It doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but I don’t have that,” he reiterated. “What I’ve been told, by many folks, is that there’s nothing there — but we’re absolutely looking into it.”

The bashing by the Media has no basis though. They have gone outside of their bounds with what some of their reporters are saying. I suppose if they get burned for their announcers improper comments that aren't worded correctly, they will just fire them and replace them with cheaper new announcers. There may be some good jobs coming up in the near future.

That is what most big businesses do if someone does something to hurt their bottom line.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Exactly!

There is actual hard proof on Clinton. She even admitted it. She just said she did not intend to break the law.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Exactly!

There is actual hard proof on Clinton. She even admitted it. She just said she did not intend to break the law.

And I believe her.

Intent is a valid defense.

However, that's still open as far as I can tell. We'll just have to wait to see where it goes.

I tend to be very logical/practical. I try my best not to get into the emotional "tit for tats".

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The house intelligence committee also went all-in with the official story on 9/11. So... do you trust in their judgement or not?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Intent is a valid defense.

Except it's not. It could play into exactly what law she broke, and thus how serious. But she broke the law, intent or not. If I bring a gun to rob a bank, and I don't intend to use it, and someone ends up dead .. I am responsible, intent or not.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join