It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump budget to increase defense, slash EPA, other agencies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Oh great.

Now we're going to become an inhumane military power.

Just call us China 2.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Maybe the border fence is to keep us all from leaving once the water and air go bad and the soil is mostly toxic goo... Hmmm. But more nukes should help all that, amiright?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Man I really wish he'd care about the second half of that quote a bit more than caring about an organization that is used to wage war.

"big statement" about his plans to rebuild the nation's roads and bridges in his address to Congress on Tuesday.

I'd sure like to know when that "big statement" about rebuilding our infrastructure is coming about. Buy hey at least Trump is addressing our unneeded military. Priorities!
edit on 27-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Zaphod58

According to who? All I saw was that we are increasing military spending. Does Trump know this? I see you say it is the case, but Trump doesn't tend to care about the details. He may just see it as a military build up.

I'm sure he's read the EO that he signed, it's not a long read.www.whitehouse.gov...

d) Within 60 days of the date of this order, the Secretary shall submit to the President a plan of action to achieve the levels of readiness identified in the Secretary's Readiness Review before FY 2019. That plan of action shall address areas for improvement, including insufficient maintenance, delays in acquiring parts, access to training ranges, combatant command operational demands, funding needed for consumables (e.g., fuel, ammunition), manpower shortfalls, depot maintenance capacity, and time needed to plan, coordinate, and execute readiness and training activities.

Sec. 3. Rebuilding the U.S. Armed Forces. (a) Upon transmission of a new National Security Strategy to Congress, the Secretary shall produce a National Defense Strategy (NDS). The goal of the NDS shall be to give the President and the Secretary maximum strategic flexibility and to determine the force structure necessary to meet requirements.

(b) The Secretary shall initiate a new Nuclear Posture Review to ensure that the United States nuclear deterrent is modern, robust, flexible, resilient, ready, and appropriately tailored to deter 21st-century threats and reassure our allies.

(c) The Secretary shall initiate a new Ballistic Missile Defense Review to identify ways of strengthening missile-defense capabilities, rebalancing homeland and theater defense priorities, and highlighting priority funding areas.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Unneeded? According to you. The Marines lost something like 16 people last year to accidents that didn't need to happen, and only happened because of lack of funding for maintenance and flying time. So your idea is to keep pushing things and killing people?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh wait, I almost forgot about ISIS. I'm sure their presence will get people behind this move, how convenient for the MIC. h wait, I almost forgot about ISIS. I'm sure their presence will get people behind this move, how convenient for the MIC.

You think the Islamic fundamentalists will just go away if you ignore them? You don't see ISIS as any threat? You are ill informed on the current state of geo politics.
BTW, there's been an EO signed with to this matter, we can expect actions and not inaction from this administration.
Presidential Memorandum Plan to Defeat the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, is not the only threat from radical Islamic terrorism that the United States faces, but it is among the most vicious and aggressive. It is also attempting to create its own state, which ISIS claims as a "caliphate." But there can be no accommodation or negotiation with it. For those reasons I am directing my Administration to develop a comprehensive plan to defeat ISIS.

(iii) The Plan shall include:

(A) a comprehensive strategy and plans for the defeat of ISIS;

(B) recommended changes to any United States rules of engagement and other United States policy restrictions that exceed the requirements of international law regarding the use of force against ISIS;

(C) public diplomacy, information operations, and cyber strategies to isolate and delegitimize ISIS and its radical Islamist ideology;

(D) identification of new coalition partners in the fight against ISIS and policies to empower coalition partners to fight ISIS and its affiliates;

(E) mechanisms to cut off or seize ISIS's financial support, including financial transfers, money laundering, oil revenue, human trafficking, sales of looted art and historical artifacts, and other revenue sources; and

(F) a detailed strategy to robustly fund the Plan.

edit on 27-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Unneeded? According to you. The Marines lost something like 16 people last year to accidents that didn't need to happen, and only happened because of lack of funding for maintenance and flying time. So your idea is to keep pushing things and killing people?

To me. Military = war. If we are spending money on it, then we want to use it. I don't want to build up our military and would rather this spending went to that other thing that Trump promised. That thing that is being conveniently ignored now in favor of building up a tool of destruction. Infrastructure.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Trump budget to increase defense, slash EPA, other agencies
I bet the boys over at Halliburton are doing a happy dance. Same over at Raytheon, General dny, UT and Boeing.

Neocon's still calling the shots in DC.

I think we all knew it was just a matter of time.....

edit on 27-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yet again you ignore that it's not a buildup. A buildup would include buying all kinds of new equipment in addition to what we already have. The money being added is going to improving what we have, and stopping killing our own troops.

Having a military doesn't equal wanting to use it. Our military went decades without being used. But without funding and occasionally buying new equipment you end up killing your own soldiers. We're at that point. It would be nice if we could stop doing that.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

To me. Military = war. If we are spending money on it, then we want to use it. I don't want to build up our military and would rather this spending went to that other thing that Trump promised. That thing that is being conveniently ignored now in favor of building up a tool of destruction. Infrastructure.

What evidence do you have that Infrastructure is being ignored?
Why would you make a statement like that?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It will be nice to see funding being cut from the EPA.

As for budgets, it's surprising how much people seem to care these days - after years around the Western world of splurging cash that we don't have all over the place on stupid endeavours.
I hope this new found focus on Trump's budget plans heralds a new age of fiscal responsibility in the way that we all think about our govts.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Having a military doesn't equal wanting to use it. Our military went decades without being used. But without funding and occasionally buying new equipment you end up killing your own soldiers. We're at that point. It would be nice if we could stop doing that.

Pentagon Tells Congress to Stop Buying Equipment it Doesn't Need
So sometime between January 2015 and today the military went from yelling at Congress about them buying # it doesn't need to falling into such a state of disrepair that it needs MORE funds to fix it? I don't believe that for a second.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

What evidence do you have that Infrastructure is being ignored?
Why would you make a statement like that?

Do you have any evidence that it is being catered to? You don't prove a negative, mate.
edit on 27-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

DELETED POST REMOVED

I doubt if that's where the money will be spent. Trump is Putin's pal remember; A bromance in fact. I wonder if they will break up when we bomb the living **** out of Iran.
edit on 27-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/2/17 by JustMike because: Staff removal of quoted post that has been deleted.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe The Don, Bannon and Spiceybaby
had another lunch together...

Bannon : Donnie, try this, listen up, get this :

"Hey, Preibus, that 85 mil monthly thing,
can't we just, y'know, black box that shiff, y'know,
military increase or somthing, y'know, hey ?"

Big Don : The emphasis on MIL-I-TARY 'n' INNKRREEEEEZE, i getcha

Bannon : You's the man Donnie *big thumbs*

Spiceybaby :Hgghhttssttsttt

____

It could be plausible...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Did you even read beyond your article title?

All the services agreed that they would not be able to continue to meet mandatory missions under the National Defense Strategy – win a major war, deter the threats of a second, major enemy and protect the homeland at the same time.

They're trying to stop Congress from funding more tanks. There are 9,000 tanks in the inventory, and Congress keeps buying them, because it keeps jobs. So, since when do tanks fly? Or float?

Once again, even though I've said this already. The Navy can currently fly about 1/3rd of their planes.

Nearly 2/3rds of Navy strike planes can't fly.

The Navy Surface Fleet is in desperate need of maintenance.

Navy Deployment Crisis.

The Air Force is facing a pilot gap, and for the first time since WWII has enlisted pilots flying UAVs.

Air Force short 700 fighter pilots by end of 2016.

Air Force opens UAVs to enlisted pilots.

Four Marine F/A-18s have been involved in Class A mishaps (involving $2 million, loss of aircraft, or death) just since this October, two due to a mid-air collision. Last January, 12 Marines died in a midair collision involving two CH-53Es. Another CH-53E recently suffered severe damage after striking a building. The mishap rate in the first three months of this fiscal year is an astonishing 11.26 per 100,000 flight hours. For the last 12 months, it’s been 5.0. There are well above historical norms, though the Naval Safety Center optimistically rates fiscal year 2017 thus far as the “36th best year in history at this rate.” 36th? Time to celebrate!

taskandpurpose.com...

Pointing to Congress insisting on buying equipment the military says it doesn't need, such as more tanks, doesn't prove that the military is in great shape, and doesn't need anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join