It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump budget to increase defense, slash EPA, other agencies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You are so clueless. Try opening a science textbook for a change instead of just quoting political propaganda all the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You are so clueless. Try opening a science textbook for a change instead of just quoting political propaganda all the time.

Your climate change mind tricks don't work on me, environmentalist.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I always find it interesting that we as the sole global superpower, been around 200 years, give or a take a few years and suddenly "Global Warming" is an issue.

Of all the species on the Earth, only humans can effect the climate. Fair enough. Is it that bad? NO. Just like all the media sensationalist articles, climate change and all that is NOT THAT SERIOUS.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Here is an interesting read on this. EPA can go without mad cash for now on. We need it for our space divisions and military, especially the new B-21 Bomber.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Your climate change mind tricks don't work on me, environmentalist.

Lol. Yeah you are right. I can't force you to read a textbook and educate yourself and textbooks won't work on the close minded such as yourself.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Sunday, April 30, 2017

Wow..$1.07 Trillion for 5 months of Government operations.

""Republican and Democratic lawmakers have forged a $1.07 trillion spending package that would fund the government through the end of September, Fox News has learned.

The House and Senate have until 11:59 p.m. Friday to approve the bill, which would avert a government shutdown. If passed, the catchall spending bill would be the first major piece of bipartisan legislation to advance during President Donald Trump's short tenure in the White House.

The measure is assured of winning bipartisan support in votes this week, but it's unclear how much support the measure will receive from GOP conservatives and how warmly it will be received by the White House.

The proposed legislation has no funding for Trump's oft-promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, but does set aside $1.5 billion for border security measures such as additional detention beds. It does give Trump a $12.5 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military, a figure which could rise to $15 billion should Trump present Congress with a plan for fighting the Islamic State terror group. The proposed $15 billion amounts to half of Trump's original $30 billion request.""

Full Article at: www.foxnews.com...

Sidebar: The LIBERAL media websites of CNN.com and CBS.com have the headline, (paraphrasing) "Budget Approved, but no Wall for Trump" arseholes...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Indeed, there's no money for a wall though there is a budget item for repair and upgrade of existing border infrastructure. They've also put in money for the NIH and additional money for retired miners. There's also money for Pell grants in there, which is excellent news to some of us.

I thought this was interesting...

The package doesn't include any funding for the wall President Trump wants along the U.S.-Mexico border or a deportation force, according to a senior congressional aide. In fact, the legislation specifically states that there can't be construction of a new wall, the aide said.
www.cbsnews.com...

Bottom line: Trump may howl, but his power is limited and Congress is not his pack of junior managers (he seems to treat them that way, though.) I expect he'll try some more end runs with Executive Orders and will manage to rile up Congress quite a bit that way.

Instead of Democrats standing against him, those tactics are likely to have the entire Congress standing against him as he oversteps the power of his office.

IMHO, of course.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

It worries me that Chuck Schumer is all smiles..calling this a "good budget". He was steadfastly against it last month, due to all the EPA, ARTS, and other funding cuts. Something has changed drastically during the "negotiation" phase, me thinks.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join