It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political Divide In America Is A Soft Civil War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Like many on ATS I have been watching the news very closely, I have come here almost every day for the last 10 years, and I have never seen it this bad. Just how bad, people are being fired from their jobs for their political beliefs on both sides, you say you can't just fire somebody for what they believe. Well bosses can maneuver things to make it happen to the best of workers, I am not saying one particular side is more guilty than the other, just that it is happening. People post how they got fired and they tie it to the fact they supported one side or the other.
Certainly all those protesting for immigrant workers found out the hard way as well.

I have read posts that long term relationships are ending because of the political mismatch in ideology.
One person lamented that they broke up a relationship that was going great for 2 years, the only disagreement they ever had was poltical, and it got so bad after the election they just could no longer stay together.

This divide is so sad, and people are letting it get so personal, why can't they just let it go like in past election cycles.
Certainly Bush 2 election in 2000 was controversial, people moved on from that. Even those for and against Obama let things simmer down.

My conclusion is that the media is at least 50% to blame for this, they keep hyping the fear, and if they are hyping fear they are supporting this ongoing divide.
Thus a media that promotes and reinforces the story of a "Divided States Of America" has indeed become an passive enemy of the citizens of the the "United States Of America"

It starts with each of us individually to be less divisive in our personal interactions to keep the peace. Online and anonymous is one thing, but in school, home or workplace we all need to dial it back at this point, no matter who we support or oppose.

For example if you are wearing that red "Make America Great Again" hat and that really angers your co-workers just don't wear it anymore.
If you are an anti-Trump person and your daily diatribe against Trump angers your co-workers, just stop it.

Yes you have the personal right to do those things, true, but shouldn't each person try to contribute to the healing of the nation, rather than perpetually inflaming the other side to anger, because it isn't leading anywhere good.

edit on 25-2-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

John Titor, an alleged time traveler once mentioned that in the first few years was political civil war. After that, that's when the shooting began.

And Cracked a few months ago made an article about a possible Second American Civil War.

www.cracked.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So uhh, all the anti-gun ppl.

If you are wanting/expecting a civil war...

Might wanna go # with some guns.

#NoShelter

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

#NoShelter

There will never be a civil war like we had in the 1800's, there might be some violence, but nothing to scale like then.
This is developing into a social civil war divided very sharply along political lines and a person.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So we just get to be snarky a-holes and accuse each other of being triggered snowflecks for the next decade?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GOdance

This is true if you are a Huffington Post reader and believe what they put out there, you are going to be in meltdown emergency mode for at least the next 4 years. The comments by readers on there illustrate the divide very strongly.
edit on 25-2-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Personally I don't think we can continue to watch media daily, and lessen our allegiance/defiance to one side of the political spectrum.

I'd love to see all MSM outlets shut down ( including the ones DJT "Approves" of ) , and the head-honchos put in jail - But I'm seen as loony for that idea.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I agree it's the media. I dont think they are motivated by some nefarious agenda. They are simply making a ton more money now. Remember when CNN spent a year looking for a plane?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
People are stupid and hateful.

This isn't new. It's simply an apocalypse. I'm not bothered by any of it because people have never hidden their intentions from Tarzan who no one will ever believe or respect his opinion. When you are considered a bottom feeder since the day you were conceived, you get to see this reality. If you tried to tell anyone, you're a paranoid schizophrenic.

No. This is nothing new. But the liars destroyed my mental health and my life.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: Lysergic

#NoShelter

There will never be a civil war like we had in the 1800's, there might be some violence, but nothing to scale like then.
This is developing into a social civil war divided very sharply along political lines and a person.

That's a good point but the nation experienced political turmoil and division before the commencement of hostilities. Lack of communication and the inabilty to agree on compromoise played a large role in igniting that war. Civil war is possible.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Inevitable as long as Americans don't finish off the gangs.
US police, spy / gov has been playing divide and conquer for far too long. Back then gangs and bad people used to be hanged. This doesn't happen anymore. They go to jail and the jailers become corrupt as fk trying to maintain their jail business that shouldn't even be there first place.

Jail isn't what it is used to be. Where small crimes and possibly framed stayed in jails until proven guilty. Now there are people jailed there for the rest of their life and it keeps increasing by dumb small crimes such as stealing one little thing like candies and pointless crimes such as weed.

Why am I talking about jail first place? Could you imagine all the criminals leaving the jails when civil war happens? It is quite obvious. Those who are crazy and remain crazy will still cause so much trouble.

There is also too much racists and different groups within having different agenda's. The main point of the racist groups is race war and extermination of other races.
edit on 25-2-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My family has basically broken up because of the Trump Presidency. My family has had Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter with my aunt's family for more than 25 years. This year we were dis-invited to Thanksgiving and Christmas because we supported Trump, and my aunt is extremely anti-Trump. It sucks because we always had a good time, and never once did politics get in the way. My uncle owns a business and he is always complaining about China, yet for some reason he was also against Trump (probably because of my aunt), though not nearly to the extreme level of my aunt (she went to the women's march on inauguration). If destroying my family is what it takes to save this country, then it's a sacrifice I will make.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: GOdance

This is true if you are a Huffington Post reader and believe what they put out there, you are going to be in meltdown emergency mode for at least the next 4 years. The comments by readers on there illustrate the divide very strongly.

No kidding. How mentally taxing will the next 4 will be for those prone to just soak up the MSM news as gospel?

I can imagine there will be many who eventually just snap.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

My family has basically broken up because of the Trump Presidency. My family has had Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter with my aunt's family for more than 25 years. This year we were dis-invited to Thanksgiving and Christmas because we supported Trump, and my aunt is extremely anti-Trump.

This is exactly what I am talking about, we have a social civil war going on that is even breaking families apart.
Trump will be gone in 4 to 8 years, and your blood relatives will still be there, does it makes any sense to ruin relationships over politics ?

For example a couple is getting married and they don't invite their parents because they support Trump, this has tremendous ramifications beyond the time he is in office. It will cause permanent resentment that lasts a lifetime, it's not worth it. People doing these types of things, on both sides have lost their minds.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Humans seek tribal division, then unification. Ebb and flow, always reacting to todays world.

It creates a predictable pattern known as the Strauss Howe Generational Theory. Its just different actors in the play each time.

This, too, shall pass.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Humans seek tribal division, then unification. Ebb and flow, always reacting to todays world.

It creates a predictable pattern known as the Strauss Howe Generational Theory. Its just different actors in the play each time.

This, too, shall pass.

I hope so...although I tend to be with the belief, "Stupid people do stupid things" crowd. No matter how smart we are in some things MSN can sway opinion by their endless harping on something that is small potatoes in the big scheme of things..

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Strauss/Howe generational theory?.

Like the book "The Fourth Turning"?.

Good book but kind of a dry read, interesting though.

I would make it recommended reading for anyone who would like to develop a clue about societal and generational cycles though...So the silliness of the day doesn't drive one absolutely bonkers and gives someone something to look forward to in the future.

...Maybe...
edit on 26-2-2017 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo, failure to proof before posting, Great Big Dumb-Ass I am.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Personally I don't think we can continue to watch media daily, and lessen our allegiance/defiance to one side of the political spectrum.

I'd love to see all MSM outlets shut down ( including the ones DJT "Approves" of ) , and the head-honchos put in jail - But I'm seen as loony for that idea.

I have at last started shutting the set off or tuning. I don't even have cable but have digital with the old networks and just wow is all one can say. Shut that sh*t off.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

And Super Man never made any money trying to save the world from Simon Grundy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join