It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Built this Today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Yes, thanks for the link. I like to mess with stuff, but I try to keep it as inexpensive as possible. Maybe I can find something in that link to play around with.

It seems very difficult for someone, or a small group of people, to market anything that threatens the market-share of any number of large corporations.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

Loving the real life mcgivers!!! I will never forget that show!
Gives me hope for all the 'someone elses trash is someones treasure'? anyways, love it!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eldemie

There was a show on a couple of years ago, it may still be on today. I think it aired on the History Channel. It was about a couple guys who lived in the mountains and they would go around making clever contraptions to trade for things with the people in their community. They made some pretty cool stuff, but I wondered how much of it was staged for T.V.

I can't remember the name of the show, but wish I could. I would love to try to recreate some of their gadgets.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Its gas in the gallon container what hes built is basically a vapor carburetor .
And wile i am sure it does good on running at a low idle rev it up and it will cut off .
also aging he isnt telling use just how much gas he uses to run it for weeks .
so yes it will work . Heck a mason jar -orange juice in it a copper pipe and a ball of steel wool on the end
you have a fuel cell that can run a mower .
and it will run but has no power in other words couldn't cut grass but runs . His set up is the same .
all kinds of tricks to make moters run lean problem is you cant get any work out of them .
You know i seen teh lawnmower trick on the news one day and ether teh dude was totaly stupid or a total genius
he had the news person convinced it was running on the orange juice lol
orange juice = lots of acide steel wool -copper pipe two dislimer metals wala you get electric current which tehn splits the water into hy and ox and then it runs on the hy .
anyway enjoy your dreams .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

What I've done here is hardly revolutionary. It has been done many times over and there are plenty of examples where similar systems perform under load.

Do you know the exact amount of fuel you use in a small engine when running it for a couple hours? The tank is only so big, it's not like we're talking about hundreds of gallons here. Probably around a gallon of fuel.

This is a link posted earlier in the thread, if you would like to educate yourself a bit on the topic:

Run Your Engine on Vapors

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OOO stick to fooling new reporters .
I understand what you have made just fine . Heck i could copy it any time i wanted to .
It will NOT pull a load Hock that presser washer up to the hose and just run it at a idle and press the handle
bet even though at low rpm its cant even do that much of a load .
Come on prove me a fool make a video of you USING it to wash a car .
Not every one here is so easly fooled show real proof RUN IT UNDER LOAD post that video .
Seen this set up 100 times by now heck have rigged up a thing or two my self .
How about a hover mower lol . ( wont cut grass but does hover )
Nope all you are doing is running it lean .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So you've built one and have 1st hand experience then? Seems to me you're the one spewing B.S.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If you ever decided to make something real make one that even gets dobble the work for the same gas your rich rich rich
best I have ever seen done or have done is a 25 % incress .
Which in of itself is quite a jump .
A raise for a old style carburetor a restrictor plate split fires and fooling with the air and gas flow screws and timeing
I got a station wagon Caprice with a 305 to get 23 mpg And that car weighed 4500 empty .
The normal mpg 15 in city 18 - 20 hw tops .
Now making a fuel cell yea you can do taht but first all steel has to be replaced with stainless steel tehn pistons have to be covered in ceramic and even with all taht the life is short way short .
Best fuel is natural gas or mathaine . Both of which leave no resadue and can easily doable the mpg and the engine last wayyyy longer .
come one really .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
what made of copy of taht ?? no why would i its pointless .
As for playing around with mpg heck yea 35 years worth and not to shabby .
But teh super car humm still not here . Nope calling you ouit POST A VIDEO OF IT UNDER LOAD

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is a video for you:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a video of a car going down a road proves nothing TAKE YOUR pressswarsh hook it up wash a car post it

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

Same system, but on a much larger engine and running under load with mpg increase detailed.

You should really learn more of what you're talking about before you start calling someone a liar.
edit on 27-2-2017 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So you do not consider a car, moving all its weight down the road something that is under load? I see where this is going.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You should know enough about engines, as you claim, to see clearly that there is no pump hooked to the engine. In fact, I believe it was stated that's why the engine was used for this in the first place. The pump failed and I was screwing around with the engine.

Clearly you have 0 experience working with any sort of fuel system like this.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
becides i know that trick as well yeppers .
why using no barking and using costing as much a possible you can make most cars seam to get 100 or even 200 mpg
some dude did it with a grand ternio Big ugly car he costed it all over twon lol come out to 175 mpg didnt change a thing except hwo he drove .
ever draft a semi ? I have little car it will just piull you right along with it why you can turn teh car off lol

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
no kiddiing there is NO pump on any presserwasher they just teh air suction its self to pull fuel .
so what i understand its a vapor carb again so what will NOT PULL a load the way you have it rigged NOW gop wash a CAR prove me wrong

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OK, this might be the most ridiculous post I've read in a while. Are you trolling hard or what?

Let's change the way we drive a little and we can all get 200mpg. Good grief pal.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
if it makes you feal better smart move teh air in house in your gallon jug being underthe gas helps it with evaporation makes much more vapor .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ok prove i am just trolling MAKE a video wash a car COME ON make me a fool
I for one would love to be the fool here . Then someone has finly craeted a better way to use gas

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ps vapor carbs do get better mpg when built right btw but its more of a 25% incress best 30% and even taht teh car comps dont want

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join