It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss the off-duty officer who pulled a gun on kids recently.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's been regurgitated on the news again, two kids were arrested while the officer was put on admin. leave.

Have you seen the video making it's rounds?ABC

Anaheim Mayor Tom Tait said the city will move forward with the probe without delay, but he did not hide his feelings about the now-widely seen video that shows parts of the altercation.

"I'm deeply disturbed, frankly angered by what it shows," Tait said at a Thursday afternoon news conference. "That should have never have happened, not in one of our neighborhoods, not near one of our schools."

If the officer goes before Judge Judy, she's going to ask him why he chose to confront the kids, and tell him he's an idiot for doing so.

Firstly, post a no-trespassing sign warning intruders to stay away. Then you call a police dispatcher to have a report done if they do trespass. You don't go and confront them yourself...

The idiot woos pulled a loaded gun on kids walking home from school. As he struggled to yank the kid from the bushes, his gun discharged. Luckily, it didn't hit any one.

My personal opinion is the dude lacks the proper capacity to own a gun responsibly...
Take his permits and the badge away and make him serve cocktails for a living...
Leave it up to the bouncer to bounce the trouble-maker out of the establishment.

Discuss!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This was discussed yesterday.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

How about don't take 10 of your friends and surround, then attack a lone Officer? Have you seen that video? Or just the edited one?
edit on 24-2-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

cool.
can I have a link?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

How about don't take 10 of your friends and surround, then attack a lone Officer? Have you seen that video? Or just the edited one?

I have seen enough.

Dude has such a chip on his shoulder. Having a gun and badge is not a license to harass children walking home from school.
If they walk across your grass put a sign up suggesting it ain't tolerated.

If a guy is off-duty, he dispatches back-up before proceeding to do it on his own.
But since he's got metal courage down his pants he thinks might makes right, he's an idiot.

Ask judge judy.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I saw the video yesterday. Honestly my first reaction was, what are we teaching our youth? It's ok to continuously harass someone for no reason ( the officer claims this has happened many many times) because at the end of the day he will be reprimanded, protested, and publicly shamed for protecting himself and his property... That's our future? When I grew up it was " respect your elders". Respect everyone. Treat those how you want to be treated. Today? Nope! Do whatever you want because you have the right to be a disrespectful, trespassing, ignorant, snot nosed brat! Go for it, we got your back!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HushedNoLonger

I saw the video yesterday. Honestly my first reaction was, what are we teaching our youth? It's ok to continuously harass someone for no reason ( the officer claims this has happened many many times) because at the end of the day he will be reprimanded, protested, and publicly shamed for protecting himself and his property... That's our future? When I grew up it was " respect your elders". Respect everyone. Treat those how you want to be treated. Today? Nope! Do whatever you want because you have the right to be a disrespectful, trespassing, ignorant, snot nosed brat! Go for it, we got your back!

A good sign posted would have given him a leg to stand on, getting worked up over kids being kids is weak and elementary.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think I saw photos of that very 13-year old boy with bruises or scrapes (tough to tell which) by his collarbone from the cop clenching on to his shirt like that. ETA: Bingo - found it: link

The cop took the law into his own hands (literally), while off duty, and even pulled a gun (and even managed to let it discharge around a bunch of kids in a residential area), then the kid (and some other kid) get arrested and the cop goes home, and a bunch of other cops go to guard his house.

That's the gist of it from what I've seen.

And I did see the whole video, and I do think the kids were likely being loudmouths but the cop has absolutely no right to do what he did. He crossed the line but his buddies in blue will protect him per the usual

edit on 24-2-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I absolutely agree the firearm was too much. Intentionally or accidentally, someone could have easily been injured or worse! Let us not forget that some fault lies with the teens. That cannot be ignored. The teens instigated, the officer escalated. Even Judge Judy would call the teens BS and say" you started it".

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HushedNoLonger

But we are talking about kids here, not someone who is an adult, and not only that but is entrusted to protect the lives of others and uphold the law.

Teens deserved a good yelling at and a grounding so they know they can't act like little twits, they did not deserve to be manhandled, threatened and arrested.

The cop should definitely be fired and probably charged with assault for holding that kid against his will, causing bodily harm (see the link I posted above) and whatever else he can be. The police of all people should be held to at LEAST as high a standard as the rest of us, but instead they are not. They get away with s*** every.single.day.

I know there are good cops out there, I am friends with a few. But a LOT of them signed up to take out their anger on others and to exert their authority over others because they have their own insecurities or whatever other issues, and people need to stand up to this crap

edit on 24-2-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I believe the policy and how it is being administered is corrupt.

We have (until taken off the air) twenty years + of 'cops' episodes showing us how we used to handle being contacted by police gauged against what we see today on 'cops' episodes.

It went from; having a dialogue with officers to officers commanding us to 'get on the ground'.
Too many cops are too high strung with emotions they get to somehow justify being scared to do normal police work.

I like seeing confident officers doing there job responsibly, under control of self for the most part.
I hate seeing cops who can't control their emotions/adrenaline...

Self-restraint never hurt anyone.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You are spot on - re-read my post above yours (I added to it).

It's the people's responsibility to start calling out this BS and demanding justice, otherwise it will only continue to get worse

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HushedNoLonger

I absolutely agree the firearm was too much. Intentionally or accidentally, someone could have easily been injured or worse! Let us not forget that some fault lies with the teens. That cannot be ignored. The teens instigated, the officer escalated. Even Judge Judy would call the teens BS and say" you started it".

Kids will be kids until they learn maturity, it's not their fault, it's ours as being their parents.
Brandishing a firearm leaves a profound impression upon young minds.

The tard should have filed a trespassing report and had on duty officers respond.
Let the juvenile courts deal with juveniles.

Huh?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

So what are the officers rights in this situation? Teens have repeatedly been found trespassing in his yard despite several attempts to stop them, they come back in larger numbers. Because they are kids they can do whatever with no consequences? Are you sure? Sounds like a very lousy message to send our youth. I'm sorry if you don't understand what I'm trying to say here. I have heard/read time and time again the problems with our youth/ millennial sis they have been raised to believe they can do no wrong. That they can have something just because they want it. That the are entitled to their hearts desire "just cause". How do you think they got to that conclusion? By literally being able to do whatever they want whenever they want "cuz they just kids".

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There are threads discussing it, some people are advocating citizen arrests for teenagers walking across lawns, what's next citizens arresting Jaywalkers and litterers? Police state Stockholm syndrome.

link   
imagine if that kid was walking by himself and walked on the guy's grass... or if there was no video, or if the killed a kid over his grass.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: HushedNoLonger

But we are talking about kids here, not someone who is an adult, and not only that but is entrusted to protect the lives of others and uphold the law.

Teens deserved a good yelling at and a grounding so they know they can't act like little twits, they did not deserve to be manhandled, threatened and arrested.

The cop should definitely be fired and probably charged with assault for holding that kid against his will, causing bodily harm (see the link I posted above) and whatever else he can be. The police of all people should be held to at LEAST as high a standard as the rest of us, but instead they are not. They get away with s*** every.single.day.

I know there are good cops out there, I am friends with a few. But a LOT of them signed up to take out their anger on others and to exert their authority over others because they have their own insecurities or whatever other issues, and people need to stand up to this crap

Also, the guy was trespassing along with the group of kids on his neighbors property...
Double standard/hypocrisy going un noticed.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
There are threads discussing it, some people are advocating citizen arrests for teenagers walking across lawns, what's next citizens arresting Jaywalkers and litterers? Police state Stockholm syndrome.

Yup, some people have a hard on for authority, even when they have none of their own .

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Fine then. Charge the parents too. For teaching their kids it's ok to trespass and harass people...whatever. If this guy wasn't a cop would we hear about it? Is the fact that he WAS a cop exactly why he was targeted by the teens? Regardless of this guys record, just because he's a cop he's on a power trip and blah blah blah. Maybe he's Joe Schmo America that has a pristine record and volunteers at youth centres and is a pillar of the community. Again I would NEVER condone the use of a firearm in this situation, I agree he needs to face that. But these teens have much to face as well, the road goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 24-2-2017 by HushedNoLonger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join