It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department will again use Private Prisons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So much for our freedoms... Voters say they don't want private prisons or illegal weed, but Trump and co barrel ahead with it anyways. Boo!! Prime example of how Trump pulled the wool over his voters.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Unfortunately you won't find me in any protest.

This will be a case of crying wolf. The left have completely destroyed the true purpose of protest by all the silly and pointless protests since his inception.

I just hope the adminstration realizes that his supporters are also against this before it's too late. I also hope that he is making his decision because he truly feels this is best for America and not some other interests. Time will tell

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Please show me another prime example of Trump "pulling the wool over his voters" without using projection or conjecture.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

We are only getting started. There are 4 more years of these.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The legal pot business has a lot of cash sitting around that they will have to make disappear before long. I have a friend in Colorado and ammo boxes are sold out so people are buying PVC pipe and caps to bury their cash. Books are being altered and he knows by summer he'll be shutdown.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Claiming he's pulling the wool over our eyes would imply that you truly know his intentions and you couldn't possibly know that without projection and conjecture.

Exactly, there is still 4 years, and will probably take so, to make an accurate judgement.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Sorry......am i dreaming here?

Am i seeing the USA left and right agreeing on something

Must be really cold in hell today!

Poor devils are experiencing their coldest day ever!

I really think MJ needs to be legalized even though personally I hate the stuff and don't want near it. It needs to be regulated and risks need to be clearly understood, as well as benefits.

I just don't want our private prison industry meeting their quotas on the backs of folks who responsibly use a plant. All that tax money is great for states too. It can support infrastructure and keep the books balanced.

It's all "States Rights" until it isn't.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: AboveBoard

Unfortunately you won't find me in any protest.

This will be a case of crying wolf. The left have completely destroyed the true purpose of protest by all the silly and pointless protests since his inception.

I just hope the adminstration realizes that his supporters are also against this before it's too late. I also hope that he is making his decision because he truly feels this is best for America and not some other interests. Time will tell

One man's "silly protest" is another man's (or woman's) crusade. We thought the Tea Party was hilarious but look what happened? Now they rule.

Ps. The only way he will know how the right feels is if you guys say something. Make phone calls or send letters. Tweet. I don't mean you have to carry a sign and start wearing tye-dye.
edit on 24-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This is, of course, an outrage, but are we really surprised by it?

Everything else Trump is doing is designed to tarnish the name and the people of the United States, by pushing regressive, ignorance driven policy in an otherwise developed nation. Why not private prisons on top of all that? I mean, was anyone really still kidding themselves that Trump and Co. were anything other than a disaster waiting to happen? Well guess what folks, they are not waiting any more. Enjoy the smoking ruins of your freedom and liberty everyone!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Without even clicking on the link and just reading the title, I can already tell it has no relevance to any of our points.

Not being able to keep his promises is different than intentionally pulling the wool over our eyes. Maybe he did set too ambitious of goals or even unrealistic goals, which I'm going to assume the article mentions. It doesn't prove your notion that he's intentionally pulling anything over our eyes. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see then. Though things aren't looking good for Trump completing his agenda. Even the things he seems to be sincere about are lagging behind or currently directionless.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Stamping out the "devil weed" is a mission from GOD. The Right Wing conservative Christians demand it along with repealing Roe v. Wade. believe me.

It's a sin, and sinners need to be punished, believe me.
edit on 24-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is, of course, an outrage, but are we really surprised by it?

Everything else Trump is doing is designed to tarnish the name and the people of the United States, by pushing regressive, ignorance driven policy in an otherwise developed nation. Why not private prisons on top of all that? I mean, was anyone really still kidding themselves that Trump and Co. were anything other than a disaster waiting to happen? Well guess what folks, they are not waiting any more. Enjoy the smoking ruins of your freedom and liberty everyone!

Sadly, I'm not surprised by it. With news of this and the movement against cannabis legalization in the same day, I don't have a lot of hope that a GOP controlled government is going to budge on these issues.

The hallmark of the GOP is controlling what people put in their bodies and making sure they're punished in the event they do. With the dinosaurs now in government out for a vengeance on anything seeming liberal, I don't think they'll be of much help.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sure, I can agree with you to some degree, but this doesn't change the fact that I believe he is sincere, so I'm going to cut him some slack for not being a politician and being thrown into (his words) a "huge mess" which I think we can all agree on.

As you can see, we aren't afraid to be honest and critical about him when it deems necessary so I'll hold off my judgement and actually give him time to run.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

He has not been thrown into a huge mess.

You are thinking of the man who came before him. Barack Obama might not have been perfect (and let me be clear here, he absolutely wasn't, for a whole host of reasons), but he left the country in a far better state than his predecessor did.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sure, I can agree with you to some degree, but this doesn't change the fact that I believe he is sincere, so I'm going to cut him some slack for not being a politician and being thrown into (his words) a "huge mess" which I think we can all agree on.

As you can see, we aren't afraid to be honest and critical about him when it deems necessary so I'll hold off my judgement and actually give him time to run.

Except this "huge mess" was a fantasy of his invention. Even you have to put it in quotes. Obama gifted the country to Trump in an AMAZING condition. Sure there are problems and the country isn't perfect, but considering what Obama inherited, Trump's whines about what he inherited sounds weak and flat.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Guys, the "huge mess" part was the least most important part of my post, hence the quotation and brackets. Sure Obama left it in a better condition then his predecessor (highly subjective), but it was definitely not something to be proud of. I'm not even talking purely policy either, the nation was clearly divided before he was even sworn in. The odds were completely against him the moment he started his campaign.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Its not subjective at all.

Your opinion of it is merely wrong, and does not fit the facts in the least. Furthermore, Obama did not divide the country, his detractors, the far right, and those who feared a loss of financial power in the top echelons of society, created those holes.

Try again.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Where did I say Obama divided the country? And it is subjective in the grand scheme of things. You don't just judge a presidency based off black and white numbers and facts. Go ahead and ask some Americans who they think the worst president ever is. For the record, I liked Obama a lot, as a human being and i thought he was a great role model.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join