It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department will again use Private Prisons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

And I can respect that. There's a question I ask a lot of people in many anti-trump threads. I think I even asked you couple times.

"How has this effected your life negatively?"

I usually don't get an answer so that should tell you something about the significance of the so called "issue"

But you see when there's clearly an issue how all of us on the right responded? Not a single deflection in this thread.

Like I said, take heed lefties.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well this is pretty bad if it goes through, wonder if trump is invested in the private prison industry.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well this is pretty bad if it goes through, wonder if trump is invested in the private prison industry.

He did get around half a million in donations from them. From the link in the OP:

The private-prison industry is a formidable one, generating billions of dollars of revenue each year and giving significant amounts to politicians. The GEO Group and CoreCivic, for example, donated $250,000 to support Trump’s inaugural festivities, spokesmen for the companies said. Management and Training Corp. did not, a spokesman said. Separately, the GEO Group, gave $275,00 to the pro-Trump super PAC Rebuilding America Now, according to FEC filings.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Makes you wonder, why wouldn't he? Oil is apparent in that. Possibly, as will be known shortly I am sure, the "war on drugs" too.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sorry......am i dreaming here?

Am i seeing the USA left and right agreeing on something

Must be really cold in hell today!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Do you have link to the justice department's stance on MJ that has younfreaking out?

edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Take a snapshot, put it within the archives of history because It won't last long! This is a great reference for the future. Bookmark it!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I suspect he will lose some support from the right..and so he should.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
They never stopped using private prisons.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Do you have link to the justice department's stance on MJ that has younfreaking out?

First of all.. I'm not "freaking out".

Lower your tone. I don't even smoke the stuff.

Second, The "MJ" thing has helped my state's economy IMMENSELY. And it's proven in other states. This is just like prohibition. It WON'T work.

Third, here is a couple links about it that Sean Spicer addressed during a recent press conference.

CLICK HERE

AND HERE

This is not a "mythical lie". It's actually something the Trump admin is openly against.

It is a negative aspect of this admin that most disagree with, even within his camp as well as libertarians. (Like me) I hope it changes.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Spicer was not speaking for the DOJ. He made that clear when he said they are the ones who could answer the question.

"I do believe that you'll see greater enforcement," Spicer said, while adding the exact policy is "a question for the Department of Justice."

And the DOJ only issued the directive to reduce private prisons three months before Obama left office so it was never actually enacted.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Of course not, but he did say that he expects "greater enforcement". C'mon man.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamALWAYSright
And the Trump administration is going to crack down on marijuana use. Gotta fill those prisons up with those dangerous, violent doobie smokers.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I HOPE the DOJ doesn't plan on "greater enforcement". We will have to see. But so far, this is what we are lead to believe will happen. If they know best, they (The DOJ) won't pursue this, and it will just amount to wordplay to satisfy the really nutty ones who think MJ is like acid or something.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

And the DOJ only issued the directive to reduce private prisons three months before Obama left office so it was never actually enacted.

Ok. Fair point. But pretty much everyone agrees that the privatization of prisons is BAD though. So, come join the campfire.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Justice Department will again use Private Prisons

Of course!
Not giving a crap about the inmate torture and lousy conditions, we have to make jobs... and more vast wealth for our cronies who own the prisons!
The fascists take one more step to internment camps and a wall around Trump-Land!

It will probably end when we see Trump's taxes... and the prisons that he owns!
(Like giving the contract for the wall to his crony!)
But, declaring that he'll never show his taxes, he'll probably resign before then...

What a country of people who deserve Trump and his merry band of devolved corruption!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Make America Criminal again, (mj criminals, here we come )..

Private prision Industry/big Pharma for the win.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I read that, i was thinking more along the lines of a shareholder .

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yes it does make me wonder and i would not be surprised one bit if he was, maybe it will show up in his tax records

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I don't agree with this or the MJ law.

Remember when the left said the right would just blindly accept everything?

There's a big difference in real concerns with a real issue, compared to insignificant things blown out of proportion.

Take heed lefties.

I'm glad there are things we agree on.

I think the left has little trust for the right and so we've developed foresight on what might happen under the President and certain of his Cabinet members.

It absolutely doesn't surprise me that Sessions would do this, as his record and views implied that he would.

Jeff Session's Coming War With Legal Marijuana (December 2016)

Trump's win gives stock in private prisons a reprieve

It's why we wave signs around and stuff prior to crap happening in the hopes of keeping it from happening. Sessions wants more prisoners instead of working to reduce prison population. I hope they vetted whether or not he has stock in the "prison industry" or his family members, etc.

If there is something else the right doesn't want to see happen, PLEASE join in on the front lines of protest before it does. Prevention is easier than reversal.

You could also protest these decisions now. Your voices actually matter more to this administration than ours do.

edit on 24-2-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join