It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump SLASHES 12 BILLION in Debt IN HIS FIRST MONTH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Trump is the Man.

I can't wait to see him walk on water.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Something odd with some numbers compiled in an article about the National Debt.

According to the story, the Debt has actually been reduced since Trump took office Jan 20th.

Don't know if this is real.

Maybe some fancy bookwork done by the last Administration in anticipation of a Clinton Presidency?

Or is Trump this "good" ?

NUMBERS ARE IN: Trump SLASHES 12 BILLION in Debt IN HIS FIRST MONTH

Moreover, I remember a story where the media fawned all over baby black Jesus, because he saved us $1,000,000 in some BS publicity stunt.

In the time it took the press to write about it, Obama had spent another $5 billion or so. But now we get REAL fiscal responsibility, and not the “Affirmative Action” version.

According to Treasury Direct ,

On January 20th, the day of the Trump Inauguration, the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. A month later, on February 21, the US Debt load stood at $19,935 billion. That represents 0.1 percent less.

He been slashing funding all over, gotta find some money to build that wall

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Trump is slashing bad things, that's a good thing.

Slash Slash Slash.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You can't really measure changes in debt over that short of time frame for that small an amount (relatively).

The change will be a result of seasonal variations in tax intake and spending and long term spending. It reflects nothing positive or negative about Trump's economic policy.

And just to clarify Russia buying US debt has no affect on the amount of US debt.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
In other words, Trump did nothing, but gets credit.

MAGA

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Something odd with some numbers compiled in an article about the National Debt.

According to the story, the Debt has actually been reduced since Trump took office Jan 20th.

Don't know if this is real.

Maybe some fancy bookwork done by the last Administration in anticipation of a Clinton Presidency?

Or is Trump this "good" ?

NUMBERS ARE IN: Trump SLASHES 12 BILLION in Debt IN HIS FIRST MONTH

Moreover, I remember a story where the media fawned all over baby black Jesus, because he saved us $1,000,000 in some BS publicity stunt.

In the time it took the press to write about it, Obama had spent another $5 billion or so. But now we get REAL fiscal responsibility, and not the “Affirmative Action” version.

According to Treasury Direct ,

On January 20th, the day of the Trump Inauguration, the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. A month later, on February 21, the US Debt load stood at $19,935 billion. That represents 0.1 percent less.

baby black jesus? where are you getting your sources, the kkk times? fiscal responsibility, like how he spent 10 million in 1 month on vacations? by comparison baby black jesus spent 97 million in 8 years.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Trump SLASHES 12 BILLION in Debt IN HIS FIRST MONTH

Sounds like ... 'alternative facts' to me!
Translation; bull#, or 'fake news'/wishful fodder for supporters with nothing else to laud about his fascist regime!

Not BS is his taxpayer funded $3M every trip to his Fla hideaway...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did anyone actually get excited about Obama saving $1 million? I would have laughed at anyone who did.

$12B though, I wouldn't "laugh" at, but I would have a chuckle. Small change.

While I'm all for reduction in debt, what was it from? Spending cuts? Revenue increase? Accounting "blip?"

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. A month later, on February 21, the US Debt load stood at $19,935 billion."

According to your #s that looks like 19 billion, 947 million & 19 billion, 935 million. So he would've saved us 12 million, not 12 billion. A little more reasonable me thinks

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Fake news. You guys will believe anything,

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
But everyone knows who the credit should go to.

Yes we do. I assume you mean congress, right? Because, NO way in hell you are saying Barry has the influence. Unless you are still so distraught over The Hillary-billy's loss that you THINK maybe she has some control over what is happening? Either way, as I stated "everyone knows who the credit should go to".

Dorian Soran v2.7

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
he did not do that

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on 24-2-2017 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Fake news. You guys will believe anything,

Add that to your fake outrage and fluff posts, and we really have something, don't we

Dorian SOran v2.8

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that anyone could be naive enough to think this has anything to do with Trump.

...12 Billion is a drop in the bucket anyway and probably represents to less than a day or so worth of tax receipts in an economy as large as the U.S....

In the grand scheme of things and considering how the banking/monetary system operates in the U.S.A. today, a reduction in debt would be a "not so good" thing since less debt means less business is being conducted since everything operates on pure debt anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
12 Billion out of 20 Trillion.

So less than 1%, less than a tenth of 1% really, forgive me for being underwhelmed.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I find it hard to believe that anyone could be naive enough to think this has anything to do with Trump.

...12 Billion is a drop in the bucket anyway and probably represents to less than a day or so worth of tax receipts in an economy as large as the U.S....

In the grand scheme of things and considering how the banking/monetary system operates in the U.S.A. today, a reduction in debt would be a "not so good" thing since less debt means less business is being conducted since everything operates on pure debt anyway.

Very true, a reduction in national debt is not necessary a good thing.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I believe you. Is that wrong, am i gullible?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TinySickTears
if true then i like to know how its possible. what could he possibly have done?

Really? It's not rocket science... you simply SPEND LESS THAN YOU BRING IN. I'm not ridiculing you over the confusion, as the vast majority of our elected officials seems as befuddled by how to reduce debt as you are.

Oh! Did the Trump Administration present a budget yet? I was unaware! I thought Trump was calling for MORE spending on infrastructure and military, including upping our nuclear arsenal and going to the moon!

I bet his cutting the funding for the National Endowment for the Arts had a lot to do with that supposed $12 billion. No more kids PBS funding sent the US economy right over the top, I'm sure!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBorg
Currently, it's $19.978T on the debt clock. I'm not seeing the $12B that the OP mentioned. The national debt is still going up.

TheBorg

The real number is in the Treasury Statements.

Look at statements for Jan 20th and Feb 21st.

The total debt is in the statements.

Zee Bookz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join