It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump SLASHES 12 BILLION in Debt IN HIS FIRST MONTH

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Have you looked at the actual numbers from the statements?

Zee Bookz

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
a reply to: xuenchen

"the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. A month later, on February 21, the US Debt load stood at $19,935 billion."

According to your #s that looks like 19 billion, 947 million & 19 billion, 935 million. So he would've saved us 12 million, not 12 billion. A little more reasonable me thinks

The total national debt is in "Trillions" not Billions.

re-calculate now.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Good looks like he didn't touch what Obama started back in December.

Yes. Obama was a winner at debt. How much did he reduce it by?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Yes. Obama was a winner at debt. How much did he reduce it by?

Given the circumstances, for the first 6 years or so of his Presidency he did a pretty good job at getting the deficit under control. If he was allowed to tax properly, he probably could have done it.

Obama's done with though. 2018 will be his final budget. It's Trumps turn, lets see what he can or can't do.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'd love for someone to explain to me how *Trump* did this, when as far as I know little to NOTHING has been passed...by Congress—which is where expenditures, etc originate—and signed into law by the president.

Secondly, that the OP "source" has to use the phrase "baby black Jesus" automatically makes it biased, suspect, and hard to take seriously.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Seeing how Congress decides on the budget, probably the same as Obama, nothing.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Have you analyzed the treasury statements ?

The debt number is lower.

The question is what did they spend less money on.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: Aazadan

Seeing how Congress decides on the budget, probably the same as Obama, nothing.

The President submits the budget, the House decides whether or not they'll approve it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Did you read my post, or just want to refer me to numbers and, once again, avoid/ignore the issue I'm raising in typical Xuenchen form?

I'm not arguing whether or not the debt is lower but, if it is so, HOW this is *Trump* when nothing, as far as I know, has been passed by Congress or signed into law.

Show me the bills that were passed by Congress and signed into law by Trump that reduced the debt and cuts spending.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Seeing how none of Trumps economic policies are even in effect the only way Trump gets credit is that it is happening under his watch. But everyone knows who the credit should go to.

Whilst some may label me as thick as sh*t.......I counter my intelligence is simply, unique.

Saying that, I'm at a loss to know whom the credit should go to......please include me by revealing.
cheers.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I Wonder how long certain members of this site will be allowed to post fake news ?
It's not only this thread, but almost every thread posted.
You want to make an ass of yourself every damn time,fine,but why drag down the rest of the ATS community ? Why are they allowed to do so ?
Even the OP doesn't believe in the story he posted, so why even post it ? Report my post all you want, I don't care.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They didn't. It was PLANNED ahead of time, like years ahead of time, that there would not be as much outlayed that month and/or possibly combined with higher revenue than expected during that month.

For example, during winter, you don't spend as much on toilet paper for Yellowstone National Park as you do in the summer. That is nothing to do with Trump changing spending priorities, it has to do with there ain't very many people in Yellowstone that need to use toilet paper.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And if you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Its in Brooklyn, NY.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is less to do with Trump and more to do with the short-term fluctuation of debt. From one day to the next the debt will fluctuate up and down anywhere from $100,000 to $40,000,000,000 for a variety of reasons. Trump has been in office a little over a month and has enacted virtually zero of his fiscal/economic policy, even if he had legislation passed his first day we would not see any tangible results, with regard to debt, for many months or years. The decrease in debt is only short-term and has virtually no impact on the long-term trend of increasing US debt.
edit on 27-2-2017 by ChairmanMeow because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2017 by ChairmanMeow because: Fixing typos

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
Maybe it has to do with the Stock Market gettin' all Bigly.Go Trump!

ALL things are cyclical.

What goes up ALWAYS comes down.

Boom/Bust.

Over the next four years if those gains are sustained.

Then it's Go Trump.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If you look at the National Debt on the Treasury's wesite, its common for it to fluctuate up and down, sometimes several billion dollars in a day. By this logic they used for Trump, there was a period where Obama could have been credited by reducing the debt $60 Billion in a two week period.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join