It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump SLASHES 12 BILLION in Debt IN HIS FIRST MONTH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Unfortunately it fell on deaf ears. Being critical of current events has been socially outlawed. Apparently we have to pick a side and defend it at all costs. Almost like we've never been burned before by a president.

Let me rephrase that, almost like every recent president didn't burn the whole platform they ran on.

And they created the environment of pander to win then do whatever you want. Luckily for them consequences are a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can't like this... Can't we go back to the good ole days where our government would hemorrhage money at remarkable rates?

All kidding aside, I could see this being true, and I could see Trump trying his hardest to prove all his doubters wrong..

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Or the Russians bought the debt as discussed earlier....

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Really? It's not rocket science... you simply SPEND LESS THAN YOU BRING IN. I'm not ridiculing you over the confusion, as the vast majority of our elected officials seems as befuddled by how to reduce debt as you are.

Debt doesn't equal the amount spent (unless you're Bush or Obama and do all of your spending against the nation's credit line). Debt is Income minus expenditures. Either the US government has brought in 12 Billion more than it spent or it spent 12 billion less than it brought in. Whichever it was, go team!

Thank you!

I'm running out of patience today.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They'd have to buy it from China, though.

We can't sell them our debt.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's not possible that Trump has reduced the debt by 12 Billion. Maybe he has slowed in the increase by 12 Billion, but that's technically not the same as reducing the debt. Either way it's irrelevant. Until Trump can get his tax plans passed, his budgets passed, his trade deals negotiated, and then we see what the outcomes are, we will have no idea what the effect of Trump's Presidency on the debt and economy will be.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

gotcha
since it is in a spreadsheet in a news article it must be true

if it were anti trump it would be very fake bigly news but this is pro trump so it must be troof.
im seeing how this works

the article explained nothing
you explained nothing

must be true

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
It's not possible that Trump has reduced the debt by 12 Billion. Maybe he has slowed in the increase by 12 Billion, but that's technically not the same as reducing the debt. Either way it's irrelevant. Until Trump can get his tax plans passed, his budgets passed, his trade deals negotiated, and then we see what the outcomes are, we will have no idea what the effect of Trump's Presidency on the debt and economy will be.

not possible to be fake news. its pro trump.
all pro trump news is legit.

he is still struggling with getting his cabinet approves but he is owning the national debt and saving billions with a mere SINGLE TWEET

the man is on fire

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

They'd have to buy it from China, though.

We can't sell them our debt.

The article said they bought it from China.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

has not computed here yet then US Debt Clock (Real-Time)

I've been watching this everyday. It has crept up to $19.978 Trillion (from $19,975,000,000,000) in about 5-6 days. It has only been steadily going up

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

has not computed here yet then US Debt Clock (Real-Time)

I've been watching this everyday. It has crept up to $19.978 Trillion (from $19,975,000,000,000) in about 5-6 days. It has only been steadily going up

how is that possible?
trump has been killing it

the op article says so

yours must be fake news

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

not possible to be fake news. its pro trump.
all pro trump news is legit.

he is still struggling with getting his cabinet approves but he is owning the national debt and saving billions with a mere SINGLE TWEET

the man is on fire

Meh, your constant sarcastic shtick doesn't do much for me personally, it doesn't add anything of value in my opinion, but if that's your thing, then more power to you.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Now you're off to a different topic, one of the reliability of the report. Your initial reaction seemed to be spitballing how it was possible for the government to reduce debt... I explained economics 101 to you and, for whatever weight it holds, Macroeconomics was one of my minor degrees in college and I was close to double majoring in it but... by all means wait for someone more proficient than I am at explaining it in a way you'll understand and accept.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

thank you
not trying to do anything for you or add value to your opinion

just passing out the kind of attitude/posts i have been seeing as of late

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Now you're off to a different topic, one of the reliability of the report. Your initial reaction seemed to be spitballing how it was possible for the government to reduce debt... I explained economics 101 to you and, for whatever weight it holds, Macroeconomics was one of my minor degrees in college and I was close to double majoring in it but... by all means wait for someone more proficient than I am at explaining it in a way you'll understand and accept.

i read what what you said. makes sense...still does not really provide what he did and how he did it. the general outline of how it is possible sure. but not any facts on it.

then another member posts a link that says the debt is going up.

cant be both. its either going down or going up so which is a person to believe?

so yes, spend less than you bring in

im just wondering what did he spend less on? how did he bring more in?

it does not matter. dont bother answering...im getting ready to crash and this thread will be many pages in by the time i get back on here so i likely wont get back to it

appreciate it though

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

i read what what you said. makes sense...still does not really provide what he did and how he did it. the general outline of how it is possible sure. but not any facts on it. then another member posts a link that says the debt is going up. cant be both. its either going down or going up so which is a person to believe?

Up or down doesn't make it 'Trump' anyway. Those numbers are locked in under the Obama Presidency.

Furthermore, Day by Day shifts in the numbers don't mean jack poop any more than today's temperature in Gary Indiana defines the global climate.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Seeing how none of Trumps economic policies are even in effect the only way Trump gets credit is that it is happening under his watch. But everyone knows who the credit should go to.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Some right wing blog BS that has no connection to reality is not a source.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I Bet the Dims Just Hate that News , God Forbid they Ever Saved the Taxpayer a Freakin' Dime in the Last 30 Years.........

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Some right wing blog BS that has no connection to reality is not a source.

Well look at the government balance sheets then.

The numbers are real apparently. Check the dates.

Zee Bookz

edit on Feb-23-2017 by xuenchen because:

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join