It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Wait a minute, what is this logic that not taking a taxpayer salary is being a hypocrite?

I wonder if they cherry picked which framers thoughts on the matter they based that argument with? NAH!!!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Did you have the same concerns when Barry was POTUS?

Yes. I had plenty. Barry wasn't the greatest of Presidents, there were plenty of problems.

Sorry, but I don't recall any of the concerns you are showing now, that you are since Trump was elected?

Ah yes, there were plenty of concerns, and again, it just proves my point. It would not matter, being a patriot means be against anybody who would violate your constitution or your rights as a citizen or a country.

Regardless of political affiliation.

BUT, as I said, everybody is a hypocrite, nobody takes responsibility.

Let's just all scream ' well he did it, and she did it, and you didn't complaint then and neither did you, so NEENER NEENER NEENER, I'm taking my ball and going home'.

Yeah, there's some educated political discourse alright..

~Tenth

link   
I'll pay my $28 to MAGA.

Let's run some comps on Obama"care" shall we?

link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Where'd you hear that from, the fake MSM? lol. Yeah ok whatever.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: windword

Seeing as Trump actually said he wasn't taking a salary, he isn't. That's not so hard to understand is it.

That's unconstitutional, but I understand how you Trump supporters hate the Constitution.

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Pretending to care about how much Trump is costing is laughable.

I had in mind to post how much the U.S gives to Israel and other countries around the world in "AID".

But I cant find a condenced version to post here.

If anyone can find one and provide it here, it's appreciated.

But the numbers will make your head spin.

And it's sad to see our tax dollars thrown away to countries not our own.

And yet I see NO THREADS going on about any of this.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wait a minute, what is this logic that not taking a taxpayer salary is being a hypocrite?

No not about that specifically, I meant in general. Trump lies, that's okay, Obama did it sorta mentality people have going. They did the same thing with Obama vs George and George vs Bill.

But he is going to spend tax payer money on any number of things. Doesn't matter if he goes to MaraLargo every week and pays for it himself. He's not paying the secret service or his staff with his own money.

The founders wanted the POTUS to take a salary, to show that he is working FOR the people and not being enriched all on his own my making choices that only effect his wallet.

~Tenth

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: underwerks
And where does the money go that's spent at his Golf clubs during his weekend stays?

Seeing as his he hasn't divested from his businesses like he promised, directly back to the Trump organization.

Why stay at the white house when you can pay yourself to stay at your own Club in sunny Florida? I mean, it's just the taxpayers money..

Who cares!

Those of us who voted for Trump voted AGAINST YOU!

Suck it up cupcake! No one played more golf as president as far as I know as Obama.

Using your same line of reasoning, you should be just as outraged about Trump, right?

Obama isn't taking your money anymore, Trump is.

I mean, if this is really about the taxpayers money, you should be just as outraged about that, right?

Selective prosecution, Confirmation bias, hypocrisy! Take your pick? All I am saying is that the OP chose to ignore the cost of the vacations of the Obama family and now Trump who isn't even drawing a paycheck from the tax payers as president is a BIG DEAL?

You go with your bad self! I am loving welcoming into my family those Democrats whom have been disowned by the Progressives whom have taken over their political party!

edit on 19-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Where'd you hear that from, the fake MSM? lol. Yeah ok whatever.

This whole excuse of attacking the media when you don't like the news is getting old and tired.

If you have a problem with the source, debunk it with counter facts. Your move.

+2 more 
link   

Every weekend is a vacation for Trump. I don't see this stopping. The country will be broke paying for his family if Trump actually serves all four years.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You just keep chomping on those lies!

edit on 19-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

The salary is going into the U.S. Treasury rather than Donald Trump's pocket. If I'm not mistaken, the books probably still show a salary being paid but deposited back into the treasury.

link   
a reply to: Swills

Psyche much? You're afraid of Trump? lol Grow some balls brother!

link   

It's not unconstitutional if it is arranged so that in the end his net gain and the USA's net loss is $0.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: seeker1963

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

You do realize President Trump is NOT taking a Presidential paycheck like Barry did right?

And he damn well should take a salary, not taking one is actually incredibly dangerous mindset for POTUS.

~Tenth

That POTUS serves the people?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I guess it's not going to be cheap to 'make America great again':

Donald Trump’s family’s trips have cost taxpayers nearly as much in a month as Barack Obama’s cost in an entire year.

The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

www.independent.co.uk...

This is of course the first month of Trumps presidency gone so possibly these costs will go down? I doubt it personally. The complaints we got here about Obama golfing, the cost of protecting the Obama family, that article from India about it costing something like a $billion for the Obamas to go there, which turned out to be false. We heard none stop complaints. Now it's looking like the Trumps are set to make a record in cost to the tax payer.

Yes, mentioned this last night in another urelated thread.
It also cost half a $Million a day for Trump Tower security, as well as protection for the business children, one trip to S.America that Eric has done on behalf of the Trump company cost * $200,000 in hotel expenses. By the time the four years are up, the cost will be in the $Billions...almost a $Billion for the Tower alone.

www.cnbc.com...

*correct figure is $100,000
edit on 19-2-2017 by smurfy because: correction

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Call me crazy, but it just seems to me that if one were bent on being greedy the first thing they'd do in setup the routing number to that $400,000.

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol the very reason there is a salary is so that it shows he works for the people.

Does anybody actually read the constitution?

~Tenth

link   
Another *MAJOR* issue with this !!

In the meantime ......

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Wrong. It's unconstitutional for the President to NOT take a salary, and Congress did not change that for Trump!

Trump IS taking a salary. If he chooses to donate that salary, that's his business, because it's HIS SALARY!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join