It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Call me crazy, but it just seems to me that if one were bent on being greedy the first thing they'd do in setup the routing number to that $400,000.

No there's no money to be made from a POTUS salary, 500k for a billionaire is a pittance. It's not about the actual money, it's about the principle.

Trump wants to hem and haw about how he's going to be the Constitutionalist of the 21st century, well have at her, just make sure you put your money where your mouth is.

Oh I made a funny unintentionally.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol the very reason there is a salary is so that it shows he works for the people.

Does anybody actually read the constitution?

~Tenth

As I said, the books probably show a salary paid, but that money is being returned to the treasury....not going into Donald Trump's pocket.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So he's going to pay federal income tax on those amounts he doesn't receive?

Otherwise that's hiding your income and tax evasion really..

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Did you read the linked article? It doesn't report actual costs, rather it "estimates" Trump's 30 day costs based on Obama's October travel costs. But only in October, not any other month. And that month being the month right before the election when he was traveling frequently.

Get a grip, this is classic fake news.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol the very reason there is a salary is so that it shows he works for the people.

Does anybody actually read the constitution?

~Tenth

Yea, I DO! I actually took an Oath to serve it the day I joined the military 2 weeks out of highschool and just because I am no longer in the military that oath still stands!

Aren't you a Canadian?

link   

but that money is being returned to the treasury...

You got a source for that or is it an Alt-Fact?

link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Pre election would have been paid for by the campaign. Nothing pre Jan 20th matters where Trump is concerned other than Secret Service costs I believe.

Tax payer money would not have been used prior to his inauguration.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

And tell me how the net result is different?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So he's going to pay federal income tax on those amounts he doesn't receive?

Otherwise that's hiding your income and tax evasion really..

~Tenth

LOL....Everything like this is going through government ethics and government attorneys. He knows what he's doing and so do they. It's all legal, ethical, and correct. Calm down.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yep sure am, and (not directed at you) but I'm often appalled at how much of America's system of laws and governance that I understand, over most Americans I meet.

I get that people want to like who they voted for and pretend like all the criticism is just 'fake news' etc.

But that's becoming a very old trick to just disagree with the stories people don't like. For god sakes he quoted a terrorist attack in Sweden yesterday that never even happened.

I can give credit where credit is due. Immigration and the economy, Trump is probably going to have some great ideas to move the country forward.

But he needs to actually think before he speaks. His agenda is taking a back seat to his and his administrations antics. That's not a way to govern and it's going to be a very very long 4 years for him if he doesn't realise that.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So can you please source me the details of this arrangement and how it's working? That would be the only way that you would know that it's legal and ethical and correct.

I've seen nothing about this what so ever.

He has to take a salary, which means, regardless of what he does with it, he's going to have to pay taxes on it.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If this is excessive, then he needs to stop, just like Barack (can't use his middle name) Obama should have.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
90% of the costs associated with these trips are for Staffing and security. Truth is, a lot of these costs would be there anyway. Far as his children go he is not the first president to have adult children covered by Secret Service in recent times. These secret service costs would be there anyway. The only extra that they are paying for are the agent's airfare and lodging. The rest of the costs are for security, which would be there anyway. For the record, I really believe that it was a stupid argument against the Obama Administration too.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yep sure am, and (not directed at you) but I'm often appalled at how much of America's system of laws and governance that I understand, over most Americans I meet.

I get that people want to like who they voted for and pretend like all the criticism is just 'fake news' etc.

But that's becoming a very old trick to just disagree with the stories people don't like. For god sakes he quoted a terrorist attack in Sweden yesterday that never even happened.

I can give credit where credit is due. Immigration and the economy, Trump is probably going to have some great ideas to move the country forward.

But he needs to actually think before he speaks. His agenda is taking a back seat to his and his administrations antics. That's not a way to govern and it's going to be a very very long 4 years for him if he doesn't realise that.

~Tenth

I agree with you! Trump is RAW!

But let me tell you something. We Americans are tired of slick talking lawyers and community activist who get into government with promises they never keep!

I didn't mean to talk down on you as being Canadian, but when you brought up the Constitution? THAT'S MY BIBLE!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here's spending for 2014, i'm guess it remains the same, if not more now in 2017.

Either way.

The US spends $35 billion on foreign aid . . . but where does the money really go?

The United States provided approximately $35 billion in economic aid to over 140 countries* in fiscal year 2014. In the map below the relative size of each country is proportionate to the aid received from the United States and the color of each country indicates GDP per capita.

How was this aid distributed?

Clearly, not all aid is distributed equally. The question is: Who received the largest slice of the pie from the U.S.? From the map above, the answer is clear: Israel.
Israel: $3.1 billion
Egypt: $1.5 billion
Afghanistan: $1.1 billion
Jordan: $1.0 billion
Pakistan: $933 million

mondoweiss.net...

So throwing our money away to other countries is ok, but Trump nah...

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

Are you saying that right-wingers didn't constantly harp on how much it cost Obama and family for each trip to Hawaii? Because you know full well that they did and thus far, Trump is costing us 10x as much.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

But let me tell you something. We Americans are tired of slick talking lawyers and community activist who get into government with promises they never keep!

Right I get that, and that would be good ,but what happens when raw turns into lies and hyperbole?

Should that not make you squeamish a bit? Should Trump supporters not call Trump out for doing exactly what he promised he would not do after he was elected?

I didn't mean to talk down on you as being Canadian, but when you brought up the Constitution? THAT'S MY BIBLE!

And I only bring it up so much because in itself, the Constitution is a master piece and every country should be so lucky as to have something like that. Not to say that Canada isn't great too, our charter of rights and freedoms and such are very good.

But there's an autonomy about America that's very...what's the word...awe inducing I suppose.

And I get it, Trump is fresh he says the things that some people are all thinking, but he still has to govern, and lying through his teeth like he did at that rally over the weekend in order to defend his policy on immigration doesn't do him any good.

It's one more things liberals get to beat conservatives over the head with.

I'd rather see him succeed on the merits of his policy and actions, then to be thrown out by the court of public opinion and by him just doing things that no adult in their right mind would do while being the most powerful man on the planet.

And it frustrates me that conservatives won't take him to task and hold his feet to the fire when he does screw up.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Where was your outrage with expenses of the Obama family? roflmao

Are you saying that right-wingers didn't constantly harp on how much it cost Obama and family for each trip to Hawaii? Because you know full well that they did and thus far, Trump is costing us 10x as much.

Obama vacation to Hawaii, Africa cost taxpayers nearly $16 million
watchdog.org...

The Washington Post reported the cost to taxpayers for the Africa trip was about $100 million.

www.washingtonpost.com... story.html?utm_term=.f1c30a07d8ce

edit on 19-2-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: Southern Guardian

He's using his own money so don't have a cow about it.

The figures given are treasury expenses, that includes Trump Tower, which will be rising for a couple of reasons, (1) security is looking for more space, (2) general increases in costs.
As an aside, The golf course in Florida doubled its initiation fee in January from $100,000 to $200,000..just like that.
Another thing, as I know it Trumps salary will be going to charity. Should we not hope that charity is not his foundation?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What does it mean cost? The money stays in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join