It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Player Kyrie Irving - Flat Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I never thought I would link an espn article here but Kyrie, who is one of the top ten players in the NBA right now and is paid over 20 million dollars a year just came out saying he believes the Earth is flat. He also jokes about how funny that his opinion becomes a big story but thats what happens when you are a celebrity.

Anyways, I don't know how many big name people have the same opinion but he seems like a normal guy.

Personally, I'm a little surprised but this guy has seen a lot more of the world than I have.

Link

I'm not sure anyone bigger than him has voiced this opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: erikthegreen

I have looked at the videos and I am not convinced of a flat earth.

But he can believe what he likes.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just because he's rich and well known doesn't make him right.

The Ancient Greeks figured out the Earth wasn't flat about 2,500 years ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: erikthegreen
I never thought I would link an espn article here but Kyrie, who is one of the top ten players in the NBA right now and is paid over 20 million dollars a year just came out saying he believes the Earth is flat.

Just proves that you do not need much of an intellect to play sports.
This guy is obviously uneducated (or undereducated).
Perhaps another case of the sport worshipping teachers just shooting him through what might have been an education, perhaps even learning to think for himself?
See? It really doesn't take smarts to make money from the sports worshipping fools!
Just a happy convergence of circumstances...

I'm not sure anyone bigger than him has voiced this opinion.

I don't know about 'bigger' as in 'taller/heavier... but I have seen 'bigger intellects' on grade school children, with more reasoned opinions! *__-

There is certainly an 'Entertainer Cult' happening...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"Bigger than him?" You mean like physically?

Because last I knew, Irving isn't anything remotely approaching a scientist. Or important.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
How come these flat earth people never try to figure out what's on the underside. Or the otherside.....especially those with lots of money....

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I never thought I would link an espn article here but Kyrie, who is one of the top ten players in the NBA right now and is paid over 20 million dollars a year just came out saying he believes the Earth is flat.

Pardon the trite platitude but, he has more money than brains.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I have looked at the videos and I am not convinced of a flat earth.

But he can believe what he likes.

No,

Here is why, does anyone actually think that every nation who has ever launched a satellite (and the people who monitor them daily) and every astronaut or cosmonaut that has been in space could keep that secret for over 50 years? Not to mention, we have numerous civilian ventures working on "space tourism", what then, every passenger will be sworn to secretary?

If the earth is flat, it would be the biggest, best held secret of mankind.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh look...it's exhibit A in the case against scholarship driven college athletics

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
How come these flat earth people never try to figure out what's on the underside. Or the otherside.....especially those with lots of money....

LOL, I heard one of them once... So, you know when you look top down at a globe, well, keep stretching the southern hemisphere out with Antarctica ice around the entire outside of the circle.... I had seen a couple of maps in dumb videos like that. I assume ice is on the other side..... or maybe land of the lost dinosaurs once you get past the ice on the other side... LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
He seems new to conspiracy theories. He also mentioned the Apollo missions and aliens

He must have lots of time to kill on road trips and has been surfing the net

He touched on "they lie to us" which I think is central to the psychology of CT

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Flat Earth is becoming a better hoax than the Mandela Effect.

Honestly, you had me at:

I never thought I would link an espn article here but

After reading the title and that first sentence, the rest of the experience was pure catharsis.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
LOL The only guy in the NBA that can dribble a 2x4.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

By "bigger" I meant reputation in terms of wealth and simply as a global presence.

I don't know him personally. I just think it interesting someone who has traveled all over the World would have this opinion.

Maybe he is lacking a little on the intelligence side. He was at Duke for only 1 year but was injured for most of it. Also, he was born in Australia but was raised in the US (not that it makes him any smarter but I'd like to think he has a little culture from that experience).

TBH I've never really researched the subject objectively but from the responses it doesn't seem like I need to.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'll humor you a little more. Do you believe in aliens or that some form of intelligent life visit our planet?

That would be a pretty well kept secret if there are.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

this tail is the best demonstration possible for the premise :

" athletic prowess is independent of mental prowess "

as for " celebrity opinion " - thats whats`wrong with the world today

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I was being facetious with the "bigger" thing.

Tila tequila also is a flat earther. Or was, anyway. She's at least nice to look at.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Oh look...it's exhibit A in the case against scholarship driven college athletics

He's most likely the only person to attend Duke University that believes this. lol

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

I'll humor you a little more. Do you believe in aliens or that some form of intelligent life visit our planet?

That would be a pretty well kept secret if there are.

Actually no, I do not believe a civilization from another solar system has.

I do believe the watchers took physical bodies, leaving their first estate, and wreaked havoc upon the earth. So, you could say I believe in " inter dimension" beings.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I love this.

He also said that he has "seen a lot of things that my educational system has said that was real that turned out to be completely fake".

Trolling or not, welcolme Kyrie.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join