It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit to Planned Parenthood Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I chose 'medical issues and conspiracies' as some here seem to feel Planned Parenthood is conspiring in regard to many things like...Eugenics (maybe the founder, decades ago, just like many well known people), Agenda 21, reduction of Black people, having an abortion quota, selling 'baby parts'. All manner of silly theories.

If this is more ''dissecting disinfo" I wouldn't mind it being moved there.

I don't like my gynecologist much, nor a couple others before him. The wait for a routine appointment is often 2 months. They try to drag out 1 issue into 3 appointments to milk insurance companies...I don't really have that kind of time. They also tend to try to push you into procedures or services you don't want. And people have accused PP of that!! I think the real conspiracy lies with conventional gynecologist offices.

I think the last straw was when I went in to my gynecologist for my chosen form of birth control and he recommended a tubal ligation. I was stunned. Why? For what reason? I have no health problems. I only have one child. I don't use a hormone based birth control. There was no real reason for an expensive surgical procedure, other than it would pay out more from my insurance. It was a pretty uncomfortable conversation. Wouldn't be the first time a gynecologist tried to push what they wanted and not what I wanted.

I called last week to try to get a yearly exam, I was told 2 months. I told them TOO LONG. And I said to not bother.

I went online to Planned Parenthood in my state. I was able to schedule an appointment online, at a time convenient to me, at the nearest location. The soonest appointment available was 2 days from then. I picked today at 11am. It asked the reason for the appointment and listed the insurance plans accepted and various payment guidelines for those without.

The office was not in the greatest neighborhood, but is showing urban revitalization. I recall a crime related night club being a block away years ago, now it is a massive Rite Aid. All of the buildings have new facades.

The waiting room was bright and had retro multi colored furniture of all types. Free wifi. 5 free tablet computer stations. All of the new patient paperwork was done on a tablet that you returned when done. No endless writing on a clip board. I waited about 15 minutes. Not long and I had arrived early.

I told them what I wanted. The only thing they insisted on was a pregnancy test. They did not insist on a long examination, nor attempt to drag this out into more than 1 appointment. They took my BP, temperature, weight, asked about current medications and past/current health problems.

I did wait about 20 minutes in the exam room after the initial screen, but they apologized profusely.

They even gave me a generous 'Goodie bag'. And a sticker lol.

No, it was not an abortion. The word abortion was never mentioned and I would have found it highly odd if it was as I was not pregnant.

I remember the people in the waiting room to be younger than myself,mainly, but not all. Darker than I (which is not hard to be), but not all.
I overheard most people at the receptionist desk saying they had insurance, a few who said they didn't, but no one was turned away.

I think the names of the people that attended to me were Mandy and Kim. One of them was at least an RN if not a doctor.

I was given 800 mg of ibuprofin and told to rest as long as I wanted to. I was told to call, or go online, IF I WANTED for a yearly exam and mammogram in about a week.

That was one of the most positive experiences I have had at any doctor's office in some time.

PP is a necessary place. I should have kept going to PP over the years. I think I stopped as there was a gynecologist across the hall from my GP.

I also thought, if I wasn't able to donate to PP at this time, I should at least spend my insurance dollars there. Ladies: #grabyourwallet.

edit on 17-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What was in your "Goodie Bag"?
Skittles?---I love those things.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

It makes me wonder if all the call for shutting down and defunding planned parenthood may be originating from and being pushed by certain individuals within the private health industry. As you pointed out, there seems to be so much more "money" on the table than what PP is willing to take.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I assumed a bunch of random niknacks like keychains and fridge magnets, made from fetus parts of course.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They give out free rubbers but no lube..
what's up with that

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I assumed a bunch of random niknacks like keychains and fridge magnets, made from fetus parts of course.

...but no Skittles?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Lamborghini keys.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

...but no Skittles?

If there where anything that looked like skittles, I wouldn't eat them.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Lamborghini keys.

LOL!
That's enough to make me want to go out and get syphilis.
My Maserati bores me.

link   
a reply to: reldra

I went to a Fifty Shades Darker premier last Thursday . I got a goodie bag too.
Bet mine is more fun lol.

PP was where I got the pill when I was younger.

+13 more 
link   

PP is a necessary place. I should have kept going to PP over the years. I think I stopped as there was a gynecologist across the hall from my GP.

Necessary BUT didnt. routinely go.

Therefore.

PP is NOT necessary.

PP offers people NOTHING they can't get elsewhere.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Planned parenthood is run by a bunch of liars and shouldn't be receiving taxpayer money- THE END

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Those absolute monsters; I do hope you're okay and not traumatized by such a horrendous ordeal.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

LOl...honestly...condoms. Some were the more expensive brands. I picked a Star Wars Rogue 1 sticker.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

It makes me wonder if all the call for shutting down and defunding planned parenthood may be originating from and being pushed by certain individuals within the private health industry. As you pointed out, there seems to be so much more "money" on the table than what PP is willing to take.

I think that is accurate.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
They give out free rubbers but no lube..
what's up with that

I am guessing that had I asked...they might have had some. LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Lamborghini keys.

Bill Gates isn't that generous.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: reldra

I went to a Fifty Shades Darker premier last Thursday . I got a goodie bag too.
Bet mine is more fun lol.

PP was where I got the pill when I was younger.

I first went there when I was 13. It seems that insurance companies steered me away by not listing them in the book under 'gynecologists'. However, most insurances cover the main services PP provides and you can note them as your gynecologist. I called BC/BS when I came home and had the name changed from what was on my card before. They looked up who 'Kim' was and I will get a new card with her name in the gynecologist spot.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Necessary BUT didnt. routinely go.

Therefore.

PP is NOT necessary.

PP offers people NOTHING they can't get elsewhere.

They offer comfort, non pushiness and timely appointments. They also don't want to push services on me I don't want. I haven't been able to find any other place like this for these services. Therefore, very necessary.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, there is a simple solution to this PP flap. They should separate their busines. Remove the abortion side of it from the rest. The other services can then receive tax payer monies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join