It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Harward turns down Trump's national security adviser offer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Breaking on Bbc

A White House official said Mr Harward cited family and financial commitments, but US media said the sticking point was he wanted to bring in his own team.

Former officials who worked with Harward considered his amiable temperament, bureaucratic competence and lack of discernible ideology a notable contrast to Flynn. They said an early test for Harward would have been restoring the primacy of the National Security Council (NSC), the traditional interagency forum for foreign and security policymaking. Under Flynn, the NSC had been challenged by competing bodies, particularly one helmed by Steve Bannon, Trump’s chief strategist and a white nationalist.

One of the rumored replacements for Flynn is the former CIA director and retired four star general David Petraeus, a man far more amenable to the intelligence agencies than Flynn.

But Petraeus resigned as director of the CIA in 2012 and is still on probation after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor violation of mishandling classified information, which he provided to his biographer – a woman he was having an affair with.

The other name floated is Keith Kellogg, the acting national security adviser.

Link

Another failed appointement for [snipped] Trump

The new administration is indeed running like a well oiled machine...

Something's not right in Denmark

edit on 16/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Feb 17 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
"Another fauled appointement for [snipped] Trump"

How are you discerning that? Obviously the individual cited personal issues such as family, but apparently, according to the media, he wanted to bring his own team, speculation? Nobdoy knows.

Chill out guy.
edit on Fri Feb 17 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

I will wait for President Trump to address the situation.

It is the only way to get the truth.

The bbc is as dishonest as our (US) own msm.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I bet Dean, Ehrlichman, Haldeman, nor Hunt would have taken their positions with the benefit of hindsight either.

This administration is going to rummaging around the bargain-bin looking for suitable appointees from this point forward.

link   

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It really does sound like the kind of job that could turn your grey in a couple weeks if it wasn't already.

(post by Damiel removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Uggggggg BBC says Bannon is a known white nationalist, in more new Islam declared most peaceful of worlds religions..........

edit on 2 161816 1717 by WUNK22 because: Spell

link   

edit on Fri Feb 17 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

link   

link   
I was liking Harward. Petraeus prospect doesn't thrill me. However...while there's much "spooky" darkness all around, there also seems to be some cosmic favour shining on the anti-globalist/anti-deep state team. Just maybe we'll get a sleeper that we needed all along.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Breaking? This occurred 11 hours ago. Ancient history in this new Trump-a-go-go world.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IamALWAYSright

mouahahahaha
But Trump, said ...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IamALWAYSright

The # sandwich is what President Trump shoved up CNN's azz at today's press briefing!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He kinda shoved it up his own. Everyone knows he's a pathological liar and through a temper tantrum at the media to try to divert attention from the growing scandal, that he won't give clear answers about.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamALWAYSright
a reply to: carewemust

He kinda shoved it up his own. Everyone knows he's a pathological liar and through a temper tantrum at the media to try to divert attention from the growing scandal, that he won't give clear answers about.

Trump is sowing the seeds of his own destruction with his lies. His staff is in chaos and not running like a fine machine at all like he claimed. $h*t sandwich indeed.

But at least they shut Kellyanne up. That's in their favor at least.

edit on 16-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

(post by Damiel removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
#worstpresidentever

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump is sowing the seeds of his own destruction with his lies. His staff is in chaos and not running like a fine machine at all like he claimed. $h*t sandwich indeed.

But at least they shut Kellyanne up. That's in their favor at least.

Olaru, I think you have this one wrong. He's a New York-er and street new yorker is his style. He's has been and is now facing a cutthroat band of globalists. He ain't perfect and I don't totally agree with him.

Having said that, I think he has more honor, guts, and sincerity than he's being given credit for.

The deep state assholes that topple governments and bomb/kill/drone families and force folk to turn fanatical terrorists AND actually fund and organize these terror groups are currently having the BIGGEST psyop hissy-fit we've ever seen. That should tell us something.

Some of his promises I may not agree with but he works hard to keep them. That's important to me.

One thing he has spoken of is stopping the toppling. That's a good thing. It is my sincerest wish. I HATE the world thinks you and I--all of us Americans--are like this!! Don't tell nobunny but I often-enough cry when I see dead babies or screaming children in war torn countries.

If we ALL stopped being partisan on this ONE issue and SUPPORTED and DEMANDED he deliver on this, whether his ego or his heart or a combination of both, he will durn well try his best to deliver I fully believe.

We HAVE to deal with terrorism at this point--and Trump knows that--but if we focus on the extremists and then actually pull out of our shizzle in the ME then the terror-making factory that-r-U.S. will finally, hopefully, come to an end.

Does none of this make sense to you my respected friend?
edit on 16-2-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join