It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DREAMERs: Get Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There's a pretty good video you can listen to at the link provided.

Reuters
U.S. immigration authorities have detained a 23-year-old Mexican man who was brought to the United States illegally as a child and given a work permit during the Obama administration, according to a lawsuit challenging the detention in Seattle federal court.

The man's lawyers say this could be the first time under U.S. President Donald Trump that a person covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, has been taken into immigration custody. The program was established in 2012 by Democratic President Barack Obama to allow those brought to the country while young to attend school and work.

This event may pan out into the iffy category ... as this guy is a self-admitted gang member who denies he is a gang member. I'll let you guys figure that one out for yourselves. LOL

According to the lawsuit, Ramirez was asleep at his father's home last Friday morning when ICE agents arrived and arrested the father. When they entered, they asked Ramirez if he was in the country legally, and Ramirez said he had a work permit, the lawsuit stated.

I normally work on Fridays. I wonder what time the ICE agents showed up to bag him. I wonder if his boss missed him.

Anyway ... I expect a lot more fallout over the next couple of years as Trump's policies drive out the folks 0bama's policies allowed into the country by exception. It's always a problem when you act on ... Policy ... as opposed to Law.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I honestly think enforcing current immigration laws will do far more than any wall. And cheaper.

The only reason immigrants poured into the USA illegally is because they knew it was soft on its immigration laws and they could milk it for money.

If all they have looking forward to is detention, deportation and no chance of employment or welfare they will stop coming as what will be the point?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thats not the only injustice, or loophole depending how you look at it, in immigration. I'll keep playing this until people get it,

More in depth...

edit on 15-2-2017 by intrptr because: changed video

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Getting rid of Nafta would also help alleviate the problems.

Since the passage of it increased illegal immigration.

No single thing is going to fix the problem.

A combination of steps will help curtail it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It is not Ramirez's fault he was given false hope...the article says he didn't break any laws and as far as gang affiliation,

]Under 2014 guidance from the Obama administration, someone would be a deportation priority for gang activity only if they had been convicted of an offence in connection with the gang, not for gang affiliation alone, although there was room for discretion on the part of immigration officials. Reuters could not determine whether gang members who had not committed crimes were deported during Obama's tenure.
source is link from OP...This is sketchy stuff concerning the false hope that is the Dreamer Act.
What does gang affiliation mean..? you might know a gang member or two...?
If your in an evil gang and promote the gang that does bad stuff, why promise protection to that riff raff?
But we don't know the full scope of how Ramirez affilates with gangs, as far as i gathered from article, and for now it is hard for me to feel anything other than neutral for the guy.
edit on 15-2-2017 by peppycat because: to, not too

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats not the only injustice, or loophole depending how you look at it, in immigration. I'll keep playing this until people get it

Alright. Help a brother out. Get what?

I worked in a slaughterhouse in my teens. Far easier labor than working the farm (which just became 'chores'). There weren't any illegals (that I could tell) where I worked. In fact, outside of the admin girl, everyone was a white dude.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't know where you worked, can't comment on that. The segment from Food, Inc made clear the gubment works in coordination with big agro and livestock to keep up the appearance of curtailing undocumented workers, showing that they perform pre dawn raids on the workers communities to grab a few and deport them, so as to not affect production. Some of the have been working for these companies for ten, fifteen years.

Proving that they allow the bosses and managers who knowingly get away with their hiring practices, not arresting them for it, just a few workers in order to keep up appearances the ICE teams are doing good work.

The first video is only two minutes long...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Proving that they allow the bosses and managers who knowingly get away with their hiring practices, not arresting them for it

Awww-man ... c'monnn. They had their hiring practices back in my day. They'd hire us kids to work for them. We worked off the books, as many hours as we liked, under minimum wage. Go-along-get-along. That's what labor is.

The way my old man worked me for supper was ten times worse. LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
seems folks want to crack down so harshly on illegal immigrants and I wonder how many of those folks are the ones hiring the illegal immigrants when there are, Laws in place for hiring illegal immagrants.
So, Its okay for businesses to break to the law, just because they are citizens?
again, the article states that so far, we are to gather Ramirez didn't break the law and yeah the dream act is not law, but i wonder how much of double standard is in play here.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Awww-man ... c'monnn. They had their hiring practices back in my day.

The second video covers that.

'Back in the day' beef workers earned a good wage, had benefits, retirement pensions, were citizens too. They could afford homes, families, cars, vacations...

Not anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I honestly think enforcing current immigration laws will do far more than any wall. And cheaper.

The only reason immigrants poured into the USA illegally is because they knew it was soft on its immigration laws and they could milk it for money.

If all they have looking forward to is detention, deportation and no chance of employment or welfare they will stop coming as what will be the point?

Good assessment. I think Trump is looking to close holes in the wall and patch low spots. With all of this in the news and the democrats out spreading the hate daily, the illegal aliens will quickly get the message that they're only welcome here in a legal fashion. The protesters that hate Trump so much are actually helping him, I wonder how they would feel if they knew that.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Awww-man ... c'monnn. They had their hiring practices back in my day.

The second video covers that.

'Back in the day' beef workers earned a good wage, had benefits, retirement pensions, were citizens too. They could afford homes, families, cars, vacations...

Not anymore.

Apparently not. If you recruit a whole bunch of slave labor ... yeah ... you can run the pensioners out. Back when I was a kid ... there were only so many of us who were willing to work for peanuts. The worst thing my foreman had to worry about was my old man coming down to the plant (or more likely the bar) and whooping his ass for mistreating me. The worst thing I had to worry about was being told to go back to the farm.

I didn't have to worry about the plant's overall quotas. That's always their bottom line. They'll hire more people and pay almost any wage to make those quotas. It's either that, or close down the plant because they aren't going to have customers.

Businesses that hire illegals are criminal enterprises. Sustaining their greedy ways is a poor excuse to support illegal aliens on our soil.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Businesses that hire illegals are criminal enterprises. Sustaining their greedy ways is a poor excuse to support illegal aliens on our soil.

Shhh... you're supposed to watch the recent deportations and go yaaay, finally something is being done.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Further, they aren't going to build the wall either.

The project they will push thru is the dakota pipeline.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The USA needs to get a repution for being tough on illegal immigration.

UK has the same problem. We seem to have a reputation for being soft and giving free houses, welfare and healthcare which is why they bypass spain and france and try to break into the UK en mass.

Soon as your known for being soft the whole world trys taking advantage of that.

Both our countrys need to get a reputation like Australia, one of being ruthless to illegal immigrates and treating them like the trespassers they are.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

To which I reply;
"“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” ― Emma Lazarus

THAT is the Greatness of America of which Trump and his minions are blasphemously clueless!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

edit on 1522017 by Snarl because: Jollies

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'll keep playing this until people get it

That is the foundation of all propaganda... *__-

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

To which I reply;
"“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” ― Emma Lazarus

THAT is the Greatness of America of which Trump and his minions are blasphemously clueless!

Wasn't it the French that printed up that slogan? Look at their situation.

Perhaps you don't understand that it is on the statue of liberty, not in France but in Amerikkka!
That is because we once had ethics and a heart, so we adopted the bit of beautiful poetic sentiment, and lived it.
And thrived!

And in case you missed it, Emma Lazarus is from NEW YORK CITY, not France, as if that makes any difference at all!!
Stupid argument, anyway...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join