It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DREAMERs: Get Out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I honestly think enforcing current immigration laws will do far more than any wall. And cheaper.

People seem to forget we already have laws.

Trump's an insecure blowhard that needs to pump up his ego by trying to credit himself.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

If you want to have intelligent discussion, insult will be fruitless.
Twice you suggested that I watch your video, while never letting on how it is relavent to our discussion.
Twice I had to tell you I couldn't.
Get over yourself!

The video is on topic

How would you know, you haven't watched it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you want to have intelligent discussion, insult will be fruitless.
Twice you suggested that I watch your video, while never letting on how it is relavent to our discussion.
Twice I had to tell you I couldn't.
Get over yourself!

The video is on topic

How would you know, you haven't watched it.

I assume that the vid is on topic, and never said otherwise.
I thought that after the first time that I told you I was unable to watch it, you might have been generous enough to have given me a hint what it's about, a couple lines.
Who knows, I might have watched it at a son's house, but 'cold'...

I am now bored with this discussion.
All the best! *__-

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I thought that after the first time that I told you I was unable to watch it, you might have been generous enough to have given me a hint what it's about, a couple lines.

I did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-2-2017 by intrptr because: link

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah, right.
"Oh... more to the topic. The video portrayed the way corporations hire illegal immigrants to save money while the immigration 'service' goes after them (the workers) instead of the company. They followed a couple raids showing they arrest a few people, so as not to disrupt production. From the film, Food, Inc. "

When the corp saves money, so can the consumer.
I can't pay $10. for lettuce.

Yeah, the raids are increasing, they are no longer just collecting a few politically correct tokens.

edit on 22-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Yeah, the raids are increasing, they are no longer just collecting a few politically correct tokens.

I saw those token raids on TV, too.

We'll see how wide spread they become. They don't have near enough the man power (even an army won't suffice) to make much of a dent. Which begs the question, how did millions of illegal immigrants get here?

Ponder that...

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

The USA needs to get a repution for being tough on illegal immigration.

UK has the same problem. We seem to have a reputation for being soft and giving free houses, welfare and healthcare which is why they bypass spain and france and try to break into the UK en mass.

Soon as your known for being soft the whole world trys taking advantage of that.

Both our countrys need to get a reputation like Australia, one of being ruthless to illegal immigrates and treating them like the trespassers they are.

I hear that about the US too. I have an immigrant friend who wants to know where he goes to get his free house?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

a reply to: LSU0408

The USA needs to get a repution for being tough on illegal immigration.

UK has the same problem. We seem to have a reputation for being soft and giving free houses, welfare and healthcare which is why they bypass spain and france and try to break into the UK en mass.

Soon as your known for being soft the whole world trys taking advantage of that.

Both our countrys need to get a reputation like Australia, one of being ruthless to illegal immigrates and treating them like the trespassers they are.

I hear that about the US too. I have an immigrant friend who wants to know where he goes to get his free house?

There are some vacancies in Detroit.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I saw those token raids on TV, too.

We'll see how wide spread they become. They don't have near enough the man power (even an army won't suffice) to make much of a dent.

Wait a minute; JOBS!
We can put everyone to work narcing on his neighbors and arresting them!
Send everyone a paycheck and we can all be paid goons!
Kind of like Duterte, but the gov't pays hard cash for brown 'ears'.

Which begs the question, how did millions of illegal immigrants get here?

Ponder that...

All I know is if my family were in danger, or starving, etc... and bringing them across some borders were the only way to save life, you can bet your bippy that I'd find a way.
So would anyone.
Often, sending them back is 'murder'.
And we certainly have sufficient resources for all to live well, if three or four people didn't hog all Our resources!
Hey, why insult Mexico with Trump's notions, just line all immigrants against Trump's Wall and execute them!
We can make energy from the biomass...
How many in the WH would think that was a good idea? *__-

edit on 23-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Snarl
DREAMERs: Get Out

To which I reply;
"“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” ― Emma Lazarus

THAT is the Greatness of America of which Trump and his minions are blasphemously clueless!

The Statue had nothing to do with immigration. It was about freedom. The French honored us with the Statue to celebrate the friendship between our countries. We were the first nation ever to make the rulers of their country aware that freedom and liberty was possible. The sonnet, "The New Colossus", engraved at the base, was written by the Jewish poet Emma Lazarus as part of a fund raising campaign. She wrote as a way of honoring those Jews suffering from anti-semitism who wanted to flee from their host countries. The original manuscript is held by the American Jewish Historical Society. The sonnet played no significant part in the celebration of the opening of the statue in 1883 and was all but forgotten. 20 years later the text of the poem was put on the inner wall of the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty. And that's how the poem ended up on a Statue that was specifically created to honor freedom and originally inscribed only with the adoption date of the Declaration of Independence (JULY IV MDCCLXXVI). And that's why we call it the Statue of Liberty and not the Statue of Immigration.

Today the true story of the Statue of Liberty is disingenuously used for political purposes to paint a gauzy picture of those happy times when we weren't so picky about who was allowed to immigrate to our country. In fact it was just the opposite, the US had (like the rest of the world had, and still has) a merit based immigration policy. Potential immigrants had to stop on the island and pass a rigorous inspection before being allowed to set foot on the mainland. If you didn't have enough money with you, if you had no job skills, or if you had a criminal record, you were rejected. If you passed that phase you were sent to the medical inspection line and uniformed military surgeons quickly culled out those with minor medical conditions. Even a case of glaucoma could cause you to be rejected. The doctors would observe the immigrants as they climbed the stairs leaving the baggage area. If you had difficulty with those stairs, that could cause you to be rejected. Ellis Island was sometimes known as "The Island of Tears" or "Heartbreak Island" because of the immigrants that were turned away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join