It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear site owners... US politics...?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

No, in the case of calling out Trump for things he has ACTUALLY DONE, there is absolutely no element of bashing involved.

There is a massive difference between criticising a persons actions and attitude because they are awful, which is fair criticism, and bashing. When Obama did things that were not right, like continuing to airstrike, drone, and variously interfere with the Middle East, people on the left and right both called him out, and fairly, and I know that, because I was one of them. When he failed to knock mass surveillance on the head, people right and left called him out, because the continuance of that measure was STILL unconstitutional, and above all smacked of fascism.

You know what else smacks of fascism? The notion that calling out this current president for doing things wrong, can be seen as anything other than legitimate criticism. The tendency to call any criticism of Trumps actions or words, all of which matter immensely now that he is president, or his picks for high offices, bashing, is a tendency which comes of being programmed to mindlessly follow, rather than question. I refuse to play your game, and that does not mean I am bashing the man, it just means that unlike those who are positively drowning in Kool-aid just at the moment, I actually have my eyes open.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looks like this topic should be moved to the MudPit !!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It is an intentional disruption going on at ATS.

The disruption is being run just like Black lives matter, or occupy wall street, the pink pussy march etc. It is meant to aggravate and punish, and dump discarded garbage on all members, by a small group of extremists not getting their way. It is a tantrum of a small poorly behaved child in a public place, meant to cause you pain.

Many other members offer to help with a paddle to the misbehaved childs butt, only to receive a white envelope. Its best to just ignore them, as they spew hatred, and pollute ATS with worthless posts and comments. They are after all, losers and tiny brainwashed trolls

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Why's there a Global News Discussion in the Off Topic Chit Chat, but not se a EU Political madness forum?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

You know, I was just thinking that this might not be the case outside of the US, or individuals/groups that deal exclusively with US residents, businesses, etc.

I'm not sure out-o-towners realize just how pervasive this topic is "in real life." There is bound to be bleedover into message boards like this.

Very literally, one can turn on the TV and see something about Trump nigh instantaneously. Discussions around the dinner table? Same exact deal. While most of it is resoundingly negative, there is a very real, widespread obsession here. While it may seem bad on this board to those who are not inundated by it outside the net, its mild in comparison to the obsessive nature that has caught on like a hemorrhagic fever. The left has been artfully and skillfully detached from reality, which to them, inevitably makes it look like its everyone else that is off. As a liberal, I'm glad I saw the writing on the wall years ago and disconnected. If one doesn't, the results are inevitable regardless of intelligence, reason, or "awareness."

To those outside of the US, maybe even consider yourselves lucky you are not subjected to the true extent of the addiction. I could be wrong on that count, but the very presence of threads like this support my perception.

That said, I would LOVE to be able to remove sections from the recents feed. I really cherished that feature when we had it.

@Reverbs

USA! USA! USA!
edit on 14-2-2017 by Serdgiam because: Bubbles

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Actually it wouldn't be too difficult to make the political forums like RATS.

Here and yet not all up in everyones faces.
Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I've found another forum that doesn't depend on ad revenue and allows us to discuss actual conspiracies.

Lately I visit ATS to catch up on mainstream news, if I'm lucky i might stumble upon a good ufo or ancient civilization thread but it looks like those authors jumped ship too.

I still like the site and am not here to bash the owners but they let it become what it is now.

About Trump Stuff = ATS
I suspect a large percentage of us are going to join you before long. I would ask you to divulge the site you're talking about, but that's probably not the best idea. If ya catch my drift. Those of us who care to find it will.

edit on 14-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Do you believe WW2 has nothing to do with politics?
edit on 14-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I think what the OP and many others are bringing to attention is the constant non-stop Trump bashing that is occurring in just about every thread. It is ruining ATS as many have already stated.
It's the partisan garbage on both sides of the spectrum. It's getting old to a lot of people.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

What is getting old is those who wish to bash Trump do so with no real substance...
They are driven mad by their inability to even voice with reason their unsubstantiated hatred for him...
But even though they are made to look like fools repeatedly instead of shutting their mouths they just have give it another try...
Is this not the definition if insanity?
Aside from that nothing is ruining ATS...
This stance is fear mongering at best... Attempts to stir reaction from site owners because if they can't beat Trumps supporters they would see them silenced...
And if the owners don't do as they say they are going to a different site...
Wah...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Is that all that exists to you people? Extreme Left/Extreme Right? No moderates who are just sick of both,eh? I am sorry, but some of you people are nuts...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Who are you the poster boy for sanity?

Im not extreme right or left nor am I stuck in the middle with you...

Its comments like this and the lack of intelligence by those who make them which leads to lame personal attacks...

But I agree with the fact you are sorry...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Who are you the poster boy for sanity?

Im not extreme right or left nor am I stuck in the middle with you...

Its comments like this and the lack of intelligence by those who make them which leads to lame personal attacks...

But I agree with the fact you are sorry...
So, you're telling me that partisans on both sides of the aisle, are not complicit in the political mess this country has found itself in for the past 20+ years? Is that what you're trying to tell me? You sure you want to take that stance?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Attention:

T&C rules apply. Keep to the topic which IS NOT each other.

Thanks and do not reply to this message.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Are you trying to lure me into an interesting political debate without siding one way or the other?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Oh, I see... If it's not some kind of organ measuring contest. If it's actually trying to work towards a mutually beneficial goal, it's "uninteresting"... I gotcha. Just reaffirms the reason we're exactly where we are politically. OK... Carry on, "soldier." Carry on.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Oh, I have a "side," but I can guarantee you, it won't matter if you're rightist or leftist, you won't like "my side."

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ah man that was too easy...
Politics permeates so many topics of any number of threads available on ATS that politics can all too easily be brought forth in the discussion and never be considered off topic because of it...
You are guilty of bringing it up yourself here in a thread that wishes to see it disappear...
Its just not going to happen...
I myself would love to see alot less talk about Trump...
Do you believe this is only occurring on ATS?
Why is there such division?
Why is he causing such a fascination?
You said you are a middle man sick if it all...
It would seem so many others are unlike you...
Why don't you have an opinion?
Why are we insane for not being without opinion?
Why cant you make a new thread which interests you or comment on those that do?

This thing with Trump is not going away though and there is far too much which eludes to conspiracy because of it... Its just not normal...

Perhaps for instance this abnormal interest is being generated with purpose and you are merely one of its first victims who is "sick of it" and it will continue until all sides take the same stance so he can asume the anonymity some wished he had... So they who truly care about opinions can more easy steer his actions from the shadows once everyone is sick of watching so they have time to accomplish things until its too late...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

The disruption is being run just like Black lives matter, or occupy wall street, the pink pussy march etc. It is meant to aggravate and punish, and dump discarded garbage on all members, by a small group of extremists not getting their way. It is a tantrum of a small poorly behaved child in a public place, meant to cause you pain.

Many other members offer to help with a paddle to the misbehaved childs butt, only to receive a white envelope. Its best to just ignore them, as they spew hatred, and pollute ATS with worthless posts and comments. They are after all, losers and tiny brainwashed trolls

Right on

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Right on

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join