It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear site owners... US politics...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

My question is the following :

Why did you let this happen?

I've been here on ATS a long time and the only things the owners censor here are topics that would get the site in legal trouble, or extremely rude and foul comments or language.

For ATS to censor the current moods, in the political arena, would be a sad day indeed. ATS is a wonderful indicator of how people are currently thinking and feeling. And people can freely vent, and get their opinions out at the same time.

A good suggestion is until this all blows over just ignore the political threads, and read the forums/threads that are important to you. ATS is a massive site.

The story of the two wolves comes to mind. Unfortunately many people are feeding a hateful wolf, so what we are seeing currently is hate, on a mass scale. Hopefully the hate will pass soon, so we can move on, but first people have to admit they are feeding the destructive side.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
My take whether US citizen or not , if ya dont like a thread topic ,dont participate
Easy Peasy

This was the sort of answer I was expecting from some people here...

Such a shame that discussion has disappeared here.

AH... I have just seen your posting history... I understand now why you wrote that.

Warmest

lags

Isnt that what we are doing ? A discussion ? about discussion ?
Hmm my posting history. I am me.
Redzit fan , I take ?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Lagomorphe

No, a simple question would have been in a private message.

This is shouting to the owners in the lobby of their building in the most public way that can be mustered. Maybe not a huge difference in approach...but there is a difference.

I wasn't too sure BF, this is why I thought this particular forum was about asking those types of questions and why I asked my simple question in my OP.

Whoops...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 14-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase changed

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: Reverbs

My take whether US citizen or not , if ya dont like a thread topic ,dont participate
Easy Peasy

you mean when you click on a topic about B21 airplanes and the third comment is about Trumps dick size?

That's how you avoid political stuff?

that's the issue, it's not the issue of what threads people decide to post, it's what threads everyone has decided to invade like this weird pretend war people are having that has no bearing on reality.

Havent noticed that yet....
Example please,,,Or exaggeration much ?
I vote the latter

that was an example go look at new topics you goof.

the last 3 topics I've been in B21, the Oroville Dam, Julian Assange (ehh you know)..

all political now.

Mods have a great tendency of removing off-topic posts.
Who is the goof ?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Easy Peasy

This was the sort of answer I was expecting from some people here...

Such a shame that discussion has disappeared here.

AH... I have just seen your posting history... I understand now why you wrote that.

Warmest

lags

Isnt that what we are doing ? A discussion ? about discussion ?
Hmm my posting history. I am me.
Redzit fan , I take ?

*Hunches shoulders*

Redzit, Reddit or whatever you like to call it... Not at all Goth.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 14-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Bloody Nora my spelling is getting worse as the day goes by... I need coffee...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Here you go : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your next comment?

Warmest

Lags

Good ol crazyeyewok.. Gotta love it...
But , thanks. I had missed that one
Knee slapping good that one
You understand humor , right ?

edit on 2/14/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've started to see things calm down a bit though, since all the other posts about these political threads have rightfully so bothered many other ATS members.

For US and Abroad member, many are just simply tired of the Op-Ed Political piece, and while everyone's bungholio needs to be vented, it can set the table for a very smelly occurrence.

But like the fall leaves, in time these threads will fall away and more classic ATS will replace and soon we'll have threads about " Can the mods please stop all the UFOs ate my brother's boxer " threads without any credible evidence.

Just like old times!

Let the good times roll!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'll be replying to this in my capacity as a board member, not a member of staff. This is no way to be taken as an official take on what the staff/owners or admin have to say about any of this, just my personal two pesos.

ATS is a board filled with member generated content. The membership create and determine what content is most important to them, and therefore most popular. The staff and the owners simply curate that arena where that information is held. There's very little in the way of 'deciding' or 'letting things' be the way they are, because the vast majority of content decisions are made by the membership at large.

Politics has always been on ATS and it can be on topic for a lot of different threads. Our lives are innately political now due to how we've chosen to put politics into everything. All I can say is be the change you'd like to say, create content that is non political, alert staff when it does become political for no other reason than to disrupt the thread and it will surely be looked at and actioned appropriately.

But at the end of the day, the membership are the ones who make threads and make posts. Therefore, they are the ones who set the tone of ATS and what it looks like day over day. I've been here almost 10 years and I've seen all the different faces of ATS, they come and go as the times do.

If you'd like to see less politics on ATS, then spend less time talking about politics and more time writing threads about big foot and aliens. It really is that simple.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Thanks for your input TTP...

Hmmm, must admit that Bigfoot and Aliens are not really my cup of tea... but looking for a subject that will not be contaminated...

I'm actually working on researching mysterious places connected to WW2 over here in France... bit of research going on at the moment and I hope to have a thread up soon.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
They may respond with a counter-question- Given that this is what people were wanting to talk about, what do you think we could have done about it?

I am hoping that a counter question is not the issue, I have just asked one simple question and dearly hope that the site owners can offer respected members an explanation and why not at the same time a long lasting solution...

There are quite a few threads out there and especially this one where many people have made suggestions : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I foresee many many people in the not too distant future abandoning ship to look for discussion forums that go back to all the subjects that made this place once so great...

Warmest

Lags

My friend, you won't see many, if any, looking for another forum like this one is, or was in your opinion before the election year began. I looked everywhere before I found this one back in 2012, ATS is still by far the best forum for mystery.

I understand and feel your concern, but there's really nothing that can be done. The mods can't silence threads that others don't like or want to see.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think what the OP and many others are bringing to attention is the constant non-stop Trump bashing that is occurring in just about every thread. It is ruining ATS as many have already stated.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

It is not Trump bashing, to point out that his cabinet picks are amoral, anti-constitutional, pro-MIC, anti-equality and therefore utter scum. I do not think it is Trump bashing to point out that his executive orders are largely focused toward appeasing a dangerously far right segment of the population of the country he is in, despite that segment of the population being smaller than the majority by far, and despite the fact that if he were a President for all Americans, he would not be doing those things. I do not think it is Trump bashing, to point out that coming out in defence of his daughter from actual harm is one thing, but trying to influence the business decisions of those who have been carrying her clothing line is unethical. Nor is it Trump bashing to come out and say that the man has a history of failing to do anything right, apart from license his own name, since most of his other projects, including a mortgage company started RIGHT before the markets crashed, failed spectacularly.

If it is, then most of the right-aligned people on this website need to get the hell off their high horses, and accept that they just spent eight years doing much worse, about a man who, at the beginning of his presidency, had done not a damn thing to attract such attention.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm an American and even I tire of it. However, I don't think it should be curbed necessarily or limited, because having the freedom that we do on this site is really nice.

Here is something I wouldn't mind seeing, that I think would be a cool feature:

I have gotten used to the colored Icons to the left of the threads, and I will automatically ignore the political ones, unless I see a word that catches my interest. Now, even a step better than that, in my own opinion would be an option to see only specific categories, or to exclude specific categories from showing up on the "new" tab.

Also, it's possible something like this exists already and I"ve just missed the memo on using it, if that's the case someone please tell me!

I think politics suck, but they are a part of our lives, and I enjoy the discussions that have been had here. Some I have found distasteful , that's life.

I think that would be a cool compromise, and if that doesn't work, I hate to say it, but others are right. We CAN just ignore the ones we don't want to see. Maybe not our Ideal outcome, but *shrug* It's just ATS.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It is not Trump bashing, to point out that his cabinet picks are amoral, anti-constitutional, pro-MIC, anti-equality and therefore utter scum. I do not think it is Trump bashing to point out that his executive orders are largely focused toward appeasing a dangerously far right segment of the population of the country he is in, despite that segment of the population being smaller than the majority by far, and despite the fact that if he were a President for all Americans, he would not be doing those things. I do not think it is Trump bashing, to point out that coming out in defence of his daughter from actual harm is one thing, but trying to influence the business decisions of those who have been carrying her clothing line is unethical. Nor is it Trump bashing to come out and say that the man has a history of failing to do anything right, apart from license his own name, since most of his other projects, including a mortgage company started RIGHT before the markets crashed, failed spectacularly.

If it is, then most of the right-aligned people on this website need to get the hell off their high horses, and accept that they just spent eight years doing much worse, about a man who, at the beginning of his presidency, had done not a damn thing to attract such attention.

If it's in a Trump or politics related thread go for it.

But as many people have pointed it Trump bashing is rampant in nearly every topic.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Why did you let this happen?

Increased site traffic and ad revenue, would be be my guess.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
there is something we can all do together

bump threads related to occult conspiracy stuff
keep bumping them

if we all keep bumping those threads
they will stay at the top of the page

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That's the epitome of Trump bashing. Thanks for your opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This thread is about less politics and more conspiracy , whatever form it takes . I make a thread that is to remain politics free , a place where people can link to their favourite conspiracy threads and guess what , no one is interested ( not quite true ) . I dont give a crap about stars and flags , i want peoples gems that i have missed out on . Dont whine about political threads then do nothing about it . Bump your favourite threads or link one in my thread below .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you think its interesting and worthy of more attention . Bump it .

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I could write you a script that removes every post or title that contains the words Trump... Republican... Liberal... etc. and direct you to a plugin for your browser to make it work, but sharing such knowledge is expressly forbidden here... something about denying ignorance and all that.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I could write you a script that removes every post or title that contains the words Trump... Republican... Liberal... etc. and direct you to a plugin for your browser to make it work, but sharing such knowledge is expressly forbidden here... something about denying ignorance and all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join