It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Lights: This Involves You!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Have you ever driven down the street and noticed a street light go out, maybe the closest street light to you?

You can find talk about this topic, and why people think it happens,on the internet. That's not what this post is about. If everyone posts whenever they remember they saw the street light go out, I would like to find out how long this post would become.

1 for me tonight

Thanks and Peace

[Edited on 25-6-2003 by shockerlove]

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time. Sometimes more than one light will go out. Why is this?

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ummm, not to be sounding like a 'smart-ass' guys, but prolly cause the bulb is blown and in need of changing?!?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
ok WIlliam, you got me. I stand corrected.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
No, every night when I drive on a certain street with street light that go on for miles they always go out. Sometimes the same light will go out when I drive by, So theres no way it can be the bulb.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
DarkAcid, click on the link that William provided....might help to answer your question or situation.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Just checked it out, very weird.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me a few times. its really weird.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
yeah. Though this seems to rarely happen lately, it used to happen daily. It seemed to be most commen when i was of a hightened emotion, sometimes happiness but mainly depression or anger. A professor at a university over here was going to do some tests on me but i think his funding fell through.

The only reason i suspect it has stopped happening now is not because my moods are lighter (as they definately arent) but I have a heroin addiction so I am sedated 24/7. I think this could be the only reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
happened again last night

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ya this happens to me to it seems its happened to all of us but what i want to know is why

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This also happens to me a lot. I have tryed to figure it out but I have no clue what trigures it.

Nightwalker

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i didnt read the posted article above but ive heard it has to due with certain people having a particular electro-magnetic field around them or something.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Maybe the people that HAARP targets specifically have an extra-strength electromagnetic-field around them or soemthing.

Nightwalker

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
happened again this morning 6/29

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Guys seriously,

Street light bulbs periodically go out every so often...The most probable cause is heat....They get too hot they shut down for a while then re start again.. I know of this because we have halogen/phosphorous bulbs in the lights in the factory... They get too hot they turn off for a while, thus cooling somewhat till they are able to re start.

HOLY CRAP.. I am turning into William the skeptic....not all is hocus pocus widge board reading et spooking heebee jeebee bullpoo..

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This phenomena is called "Street Lamp Interference." The anacronym for people who experience this is "SLIders."

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
this happens a lot to me, but I have no noticable effect on radios etc.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Good lord - you people have managed to get a topic in on almost eveything that's been on my mind lately. LOL
I walk for a few hours every night. Dumb question - but are there such things as 'reverse' motion sensor lighting? Like instead of going on at your arrival they go off? Happens every night all the way up and down the streets of a particular trailor park I walk through (no where else though). And one night when I was considering this thought, the light stayed out till I had made my way back around and came on at my arrival.
Ang

top topics

join