It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi aircraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Jack Northrap (might be mispelled) was the reason Nazi Germany had such amazing planes. If memorey serves me correct. He developed the planes that resemble the B-2. After WW2 He came to america and developed the B-2 and many other aircraft with the Air Force.

We are very very lucky we're not all Nazi's. If Hitler wouldn't have messed up so many times we would all be forced to hail to the swastika. Either that or evolution would have started over due to nuclear holocaust. With Hitler as the new Adam.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
the news about the "replica gun" approach to the Luftwaffe fighters is incredible: I can't wait to see things I only ever knew as pictures or 1/72 scale models really look like.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
necro99, it seem you like very much these nazi aircrafts.

Are you sure you're not a little bit nazi ?

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Finaly some links!
tnx m8.. Ok.. but the luft46 is getting quite old.. good pages but been there too often allready know all what those pages have to offer..

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
necro99, it seem you like very much these nazi aircrafts.

Are you sure you're not a little bit nazi ?

WHen i was young i was, but i realised i was only towards the war machines...

Now im a hardcore commie. Respect your enemy, thats a rule to follow.

And i cant say that they sucked, oh no.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yes, the Nazis certainly had some good aircraft concepts, including the jet engine. Keep in mind that they had a jet engine in the mid 40's and it took the USA at least 10 years to catch up to them as far as jet engine technology is concerned. Now the challenge: can anybody explain how Germany was so far ahead of us in that regard?

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
You are wrong, the Germans were only a few months ahead of the USA and UK as far as deployment of turbojet aircraft (not ten years). In the UK the Meteor was operational at about the same time as the Me 262. (The Meteor was used in the defence of London against the V weapons.) The Bell P-59 had been test flown, and the Lockheed P-80 was being ready for test flight. While the Me 262 was the first jet aircraft to become operational and to be used in combat, the German aircraft industry was not as far ahead of the rest of the world as you believe. Remember that the F-86 saber jet as available for use in the Korean War. It is true that the Germans were far advanced in the development of rockets.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yeah, the sabrejet, in the Korean War which was in the 50's, exactly. Did we have jet planes in the 40's? No. Still didn't answer my question.........ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa...............

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by SandMan]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
necro, which red road do you walk upon comrade. i think that'll make for an interesting discussion sometime. i'll talk to you around man.

i always liked the HO-IX, it's awesome

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Indeed the USA did, the F-80 was operational in 1946! Where did you ever get the idea that the Germans were ten years ahead of every body else in the development of jet aircraft? The truth is that the Germans were at most 6 to 9 months ahead of the USA and the UK in the deployment of jet aircraft. I just mentioned the Meteor, which was a turbo jet aircraft used by the British in the defense of London against the V-weapons. Also the Bell P-59 first flew some time around 1942.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I fear you labour in vain on this one j-flieger: this is someone whose head's not right.
Also, someone who doesn't really know his/her/its history: or chooses to put on a facade of dull-wittedness.
The "jet" as such has long history: there was a rather amazing Frenchman called Henri Marie Coanda who actally flew a sort of jet pre-W.W.I.
There was ample research into gas turbines, pulse jets and ram jets in America and Europe in the inter-war periods as any glance at records of patents will show.
The laurels are usually given to the Englishman Sir Frank Whittle when it comes to the first practical gas turbine engine - the Bell XP-59 used Whittle's design and the first home-grown design was a Westinghouse engine in 1944.
The Germans are very clever people and one would expect them to be at the forefront ( if not at the actual "front") of most things, but not greatly ahead of Americans or Europeans.
hat really explains the apparent advance of the Germans was that Hitler actively encouraged such development in aramaments: Britain and America went through long periods of pacifism where ideas were not developed and money wasn't spent: it was a miracle that the Spitfire and the Hurricane were ready in time: once the war was on, and in earnest, the Allies kept pace with the Germans.
Incidentally, it must be remembered that because of Hitler's anti-Jewish laws a good many of the "best" Germans ended up on "our" side.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well Estragon, you might add the point that the USA and the UK could put up over 5,000 fighter aircraft on a given day against the 400 to 500 that the Luftwaffe could put in the air for the defense of the Reich, you can see that there would not be a pressing reason to depoly turbojet aircraft on the part of the Allies. Hell they were winning the war with what they had. Why rush the development of jet aircraft? At no time in the defense of the Reich, did the Luftwaffe have more than 700 to 800 fighters to face the onslaught of the RAF and the American Army Air Corp (it did not become the USAF until 1947 - the Air Force did not exist as a separate service until 1947.)

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
A good point, j-flieger what was there to intercept..until the V-1 came along, at which point the Meteor became rather useful.
But the inter-war pacifism of the US and Great Britain does merit being considered: one outcome for example was that the US became pre-eminent in civil aviation while remaining very much un-pre-eminent in military aviation. Britain rather gave up entirely until the threat from Gemany could not be ignored.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Do not be to hard on the Brits for the inter-war years Estragon. They did come up with the Spitfire (contemporary to the Bf 109) and the Lancaster Bomber. As far as I am concerned, the Lanc was a much better aircraft than the B-17 (or even the B-24). The Lanc was one hell of an airplane. Also there was the Wellington Bomber which proved quite useful in the first part of the war.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
wtf? I tought that the topic of discussion was the german aircraft and the not the american planes.. and what comes to the Korean war and to the Sabre or the Shooting star.. they were shooten out of the sky by Mis-15s.. Every time i hear that 15 mig for 1 american plane a just could # my pants!
www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com...
" only the North American F-86 Sabre was the MiG-15's equal in combat." equal not superior..

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Cousins, hmmmmmmm
Weserflug P.1003/I

V-22

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Looks like these could match some of the fighters from the 50's.

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by jetsetter]

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Some Fockhe-wulf and messerschmitt were copied by victors (Usa and Ussr) and even by neutral sweden to were some german scientist fled after the war.. outcomes of these copy projects were (at least) f-86 Sabre. Mig-15 (-15bis and -17 naturally allso..) and swedish Saab j-29 tunan.. you can find more on the subject at the (again..
) www.luft46.com for example.. or at books that are about aircraft in queston..

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A few very interesting thoughts...

www.destinationspace.net...

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join