It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have ATS back, please?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Ohhh. Cool i go check out i like baddogma

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wanted to post my experience with the "skinwalker" and the secrets it told me but No one wants to hear that kind of stuff on ATS anymore.

It's all MAGA, MAGA, MAGA, believe me, There's also a negative side....

Me too, the ranch fascinates me

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wanted to post my experience with the "skinwalker" and the secrets it told me but No one wants to hear that kind of stuff on ATS anymore.

A lot of members have said similar and it might have affected me too. My threads were nearly always speculative and I see only two in the past two years. Only noticed this moment

Members clash in political threads and some of them take it into threads that aren't. Let's say one of the heavy partisans makes a squatch thread? At least a couple of other partisans will go in to score points off the OP. It's not habitual, but it happens.

How about posting the gist in the reboot of Baddogma's thread? Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness. There's nothing to stop it being posted as a thread if it comes over well.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You're awesome!!!

There is no proving right or wrong on the thread and we try to be nice... although it doesn't always work out that way!!

You're awesome!!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm the King of Banal, but thanks for the comps anyway

It's warming up as a good thread again and an enjoyable read.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

How about posting the gist in the reboot of Baddogma's thread? Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness. There's nothing to stop it being posted as a thread if it comes over well.

Off my cell phone so this is a lot easier!

BTW - This is just a continuation of the previous thread. We have fun here with no real goals except to have our minds blown by new discoveries, strange observations, and those syncretic connections that appear from time to time. All while being polite to each other as much as possible, of course.

-TEOT welcoming a poster to the conversation

We are in General Chit Chat over on BTS. We discuss woo and woo-ish subjects, things that interest us, art, music, socks, philosophy, things that go beep in the night. We also share links to things that might have been missed on ATS due to all the Red State v Blue State nonsense. It become blog-ish at times and some tend to lurk until they have something to say. All in all, a group of people that like to talk to each other (we've called ourselves the "Metacafeterians" starting some time last year) and we owe our existence to the creator of the original thread, Baddogma, as he is a gracious host to our, at times, word vomitorium!

Oh, and for the most part it is an unhosted thread. So feel welcome to read, laugh with us or at us, as we try to come to terms with our world! And post, of course.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So tired that every thread is getting incepted with the political belly aching cries from the left. Get over it and contribute something fresh.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
So tired that every thread is getting incepted with the political belly aching cries from the left. Get over it and contribute something fresh.

Thanks you for that transformative post!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

and with that - all credibility was lost

FFS - do you actually believe that this fantasy monster " teh left " is the only species of wingnut out there spewing thier political idiocy over ATS threads ??????????????????????

or ............................

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think there is plenty of crap going back and forth, but I have never seen in all my life, people unwilling to accept the outcome of an election. Trump is nether the AntiChrist nor the Savior of our world. He is a person working within a system that is more corrupt than the players. Take the corruption out of the Democratic Party and I might just come back next time, as I am a former Democrat.

But, dear Lord, Democrats get your crap together and stop whining or you'll lose another election!
edit on 2-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yuck politics showing up in a thread pleading to have ATS back from all the politics.

I'm Glad to have taken a vacation from this site nice to see it has not changed much and that even the thread asking for an end to the political madness is getting infected with politics.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's always easy to tell who's wrong.

It's always other people.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DaCook

Yep...
I came for the UFOs but even I have become a political thread troll mostly lately.

Could it be that all the conspiracies lead back to Clinton, Bush or Obama? So they are all solved already?

Why does CNN talk about Trump all day and night? Are they keeping the spotlight off the ETs? Is that the new CT?

Why is CNN dissecting Trumps tweets when they could be showing bigfoot photos?? Coincidence? I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FrostyFlakes
a reply to: DaCook

Yep...
I came for the UFOs but even I have become a political thread troll mostly lately.

Could it be that all the conspiracies lead back to Clinton, Bush or Obama? So they are all solved already?

Why does CNN talk about Trump all day and night? Are they keeping the spotlight off the ETs? Is that the new CT?

Why is CNN dissecting Trumps tweets when they could be showing bigfoot photos?? Coincidence? I doubt it.
Yes, Trump is their distraction.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I joined this site years ago because of my belief in the existence of intelligent life beyond our planet and this dimension. Sad to have seen it turn into a blood thirsty political arena. Both sides are being played.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Dear Fortean,

I have opened a thread here in this forum about two days ago, just to test your theory, and with all respect I don't see really reception to it

I am a psychic that post periodically in different forums in ATS, since 2007 I have released dozens of successfully accomplished predictions like earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, wars, coups, outcome of elections, abdications, economic crises.

I trust in the power of ATS to convoke the attention of people interested in the paranormality, mysterious phenomena, apart of a fact that it is a so serious and reliable depository of forecasts that remain open to posterior analysis.

About almost a year ago Mine was the only forecast that 5 days before predicted the name of the Nobel Peace recipient of 2017, President Santos of Colombia. It was not posted as a possibility by the way but as a certainty that he was going to be the awarded.

My current thread in your forum of Above Politics predicts the Nobel Peace award recipients from 2018 to 2020 and remains ignored, with only one single reply that by the way is extremely poor, partisan motivated and frankly disappointing for the level of ignorance behind it.

I was moved to post this thread here precisely by the idea to follow yours about to recover the sense or purpose of this space. I have had a long a decade a lot of recognition on the quality of my threads that is reflected in my ATS statistics.

Sorry to post this, but I must be sincere, the problem is not lack of good topics or discussions is that there is no interest into follow them, I notice instead too much people that it is involved in partisan politics, using this community as vector of propaganda.

I am wondering if the issue is just of lack of interest or it has to do also with lack of a better supervision, of control over the way the forums are used, if the threads correspond to them or if the posts are deviating the topics into sectarian or partisan positions that are thrifting them.

It comes to my attention that a lot of the threads profuselly replied, starred or flagged in the Above politics Forum look really politically biased, conducted from an entirely right wing or left wing perspective, lacking of objective analysis.

Please Notice that there are many threads opened in Above Politics that are on political scandals moved clearly by partisan agendas. That's OK in other forums of ATS perhaps, but it seems to me that shocks even with the name of this one.

Now if a Peace Nobel award discussion is not above politics I don't see what else could be.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 8/12/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Thank you for your post OP. It's been awhile since I've been here or posted. The reason has been exactly what you stated.

ATS used to be that escape, you know the place you could go to when those weird thoughts would come to your mind, or you wanted to dig deeper into some unknown mystery. Chances are you could find a discussion topic on it or create a post that would quickly gain attention, with all of the great minds of ATS working hard on what was known. Truly exciting times.

But....the tell-tale signs of paid posters, trolls and political interference started becoming the norm. The "thought police" were in full force and, if you disagreed with the more "popular" kids here, you were often belittled and ridiculed. There simply wasn't much debate anymore. It's become a "we're better than you" atmosphere.

Yes, I miss the old ATS. I miss those odd posts like SERPO which got everyone involved, leading to this site debunking that whole mess. I miss the occasional banter and the respectful agree to disagree philosophy. Nowadays, it seems that people who you disagree with or vice versa want to physically attack you.

Maybe one day things will change. Until then, I'll be the occasional fly on the wall and visit the site generically.

But thank you for your post and other who have responded, indicating that I am not alone in my thoughts and wishes.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There is always the ATS search engine.
An amazing amount of unsolved mysteries in some of those old posts that will never be read.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Honestly, the Democrats and Republicans are both corrupted by big money globalist corporations. So what's your point?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is sadly too true. This forum used to be great. I swear the people posting these incendiary political topics are bots or shills paid to spam ATS forum to drown out meaningful discussions and prevent them from taking place. I pray some moderator or staff member will say enough and bring back the old ATS instead of this garbage political spam.

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join