It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lists 78 “under-reported” terror attacks that killed 750 people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

now that trump has a segment of the population thinking all msm is fake news he can make up all kinds of lies and half truths and his supporters will buy it hook, line and sinker.

The last six years on abovetopsecret they been saying that since before Trump was ever elected.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why would that be on a list of UNDER REPORTED terrorist attacks?

By that logic, why would the following be on the list?

The honest truth is that all of the 78 attacks were covered by the media. The three I mentioned above were covered extensively as well as many others on the list.

link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: xuenchen

Previously posted, maybe under a different forum. None on the list were under reported. I would imagine 90% or more were discussed on here.

Many things discussed here are generally very little reported on. Often for good reasons, though, but nevertheless it is a silly argument.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think it is an overstep for Trump to say terror reports are not being reported. The media is jumping on this statement showing they dedicated a few minutes to covering recent attacks in between wall to wall coverage of reporting why Trump is the worst person ever.

However, the crux of what he was saying is that the media "does not want" to report on terror attacks.

Here is his statement.

"We have seen what happened in Paris, Nice, all over Europe," Trump said while speaking at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida in his address to U.S. service members. "It has gotten to a point where it is not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press does not want to report it."

Trump did not specify any particular incidents that had been omitted from coverage.

"They [the press] have their reasons, and you understand that," he said.

abcnews.go.com...

Notice how the portion about the press not wanting to cover this has gone untouched.

All reasonable people know the vast majority of the main stream media hates Trump, so its no surprise they dont want to report anything that makes him look good.

But with terror or trouoble with Islam, its more than that.

We see how the MSM worldwide has hid things like the 2015 New years sex assault rampage in Germany. They were silent and refused to cover the 1400 girls that were sexually assaulted in Rotherham for 16 years. Even when the truth came out about events like this, the media sort of begrudingly mentioned it, and now if someone brings up the dangers of bringing people in from bad areas of the world they act like there is no evidence that anything can go wrong.

And even when the media does report on terrorism like the Orlando shooting, they always seem to downplay it it every way possible.

Lets take Orlando. Even after the attack, many media places argued it wasn't Islamic, it was a homophobia thing. Many even posted opinion pieces about how Republicans voting against gay marriage led to this.

And for every minute of coverage of the attack, there seemed to be at least two minutes reminding everyone how most Muslims are peaceful, and reporting on rather hate crimes against Muslims would increase. And of course tons of coverage on guns being bad.

Now compare this to Dylan Roof. Did the media spend tons of time reminding their audience that most white people were peaceful, and focusing on stopping hate crimes toward white people?

Of course not. They did what they should have in that case, reported the heinous act and the dangers of extremist mindsets. The differences between the two in the treatment of the media is staggering.

Now this obviously doesn't mean every media outlet was like this, but I do think its true for the majority of the MSM.

Face it, the media does not want to report stories against their narrative. And besides, reporting on real news is to hard, they need to get back to focusing on hard hitting stories about crowd size.
edit on 7-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Previously posted, maybe under a different forum. None on the list were under reported. I would imagine 90% or more were discussed on here.

If it gets discussed in ATS then that means the MSM did their job. Hip hip hooraaaay!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: conspiracy nut

now that trump has a segment of the population thinking all msm is fake news he can make up all kinds of lies and half truths and his supporters will buy it hook, line and sinker.

The last six years on abovetopsecret they been saying that since before Trump was ever elected.

For longer than I've 'been around' (here).

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A reply to relda:

So those four US National Guard soldiers weren't killed in a IED laid by the men arrested in Bowling Green? Is that what you're saying here? Will you continue to deny that there was a massacre and it was connected to the two men arrested, charged and convicted for plotting to do more of the same?
Apparently those lives didn't matter. Because it didn't happen right? Tell it to the relatives of the National Guard members.
These men were arrested in Bowling Green KY for plotting MORE massacres of US troops. But I guess to you US National Guard troops aren't eligible to be massacred?

And you probably believe that the Ft. Hood attack was workplace violence because again, these were US soldiers who were murdered. Your blinders are blinding you to reality.
edit on 7-2-2017 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Trump is outsmarting Hillary supporters and the MSM at every turn. They are so blinded by hate that they are giving him all the energy he needs to push his agendas.

Take this latest dogwhistle of 'stoopid Trump is lying again ladies' as a classic example....

Step 1: Trump accuses MSM of under reporting terror attacks.
Step 2: MSM goes full retard and provides massive list of all the attacks that have happened, insisting the public see that Trump lied.
Step 3: Thanks to step 2, citizens now accept Obamas original immigration ban (now Trumps) due to the overwhelming proof of thousands of attacks by radical islamic extremists.

LOL - Special kind of window lickers are special.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

If he wants to do and release and tweet nutty things, people will respond. He wants attention.

Kind of like some people on this website.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thanks you, for that very nice post, is funny that Trump is letting the media do the research for him to prove him right.

Yes, he is crazy, he is evil and what was the last one I read, yes he can not read.

He is a business man, he came to his fortune by making people do what he wants.

I have a very nice Mexican friend that I call crazy all the time, but she owns her own business and crazy she is not, savvy, but not crazy.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
definitely not cult-like...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yikes!
There is I'm sure plenty of attacks on the Palestinians we're not being too privy to?

Plus the list only goes back to 2014.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Sadly one scope of terrorism has gone by completely undeclared here in America..

The continuous attacks on automobiles.... The whitetail deer have been committing direct assaults and are using martyrdom and roadside attacks to resume control of the rural landscape. .....
It's hard to know whether soros is financing these operations- as deer are very hard to catch, and refuse to speak english....

edit on 272017 by Natas0114 because: Second thought

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I do not understand what you are trying to say. who is they? Your response does not make any sense to what I wrote.

Trump has instilled fear and hate are you saying that over the past 6 years Obama instilled fear and hate?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Trump was pandering to the people in the room. You know, the ones that are fighting the fight. If they were feeling it is all under-reported then it doesn't matter if it's true or not, it's how they perceive it. What is he supposed to do?...try to convince them otherwise? No...you acknowledge you hear the concern and are working to address it.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
a reply to: reldra

A couple days ago I saw people posting that he can't read......
As for coverage by the news, I'm sure everything got at least one spin on the banner across the bottom of the screen. But as for in depth ,non biased reports, not so much. Besides is it really hard to have a news blip about attacks go unnoticed when the general public is more interested in what the Kardashians are doing with their boobs?
It's sad, but not hard to distract idiots.

That's exactly the problem. Most people look at the US news but don't look at international news. Those were covered... I read international news and remember quite a few of them.

And a lot of those were 'someone with an Arabic-sounding name' ... no indication if they're following an ideology (some were Sunni/Shia aggression if memory serves.)

He's hunting for someone to blame and that's a very scary idea because he's going to miss the real threats.

Did you see the Al Qaida leaders mocking him and thanking him for being a good recruiter for them?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
Sadly one scope of terrorism has gone by completely undeclared here in America..

The continuous attacks on automobiles.... The whitetail deer have been committing direct assaults and are using martyrdom and roadside attacks to resume control of the rural landscape. .....
It's hard to know whether soros is financing these operations- as deer are very hard to catch, and refuse to speak english....

Hey, I thought Soroso sent you hush money to keep quiet on the whitetail deer! And the Koch brothers have called and they want their donation back, you scoundrel!

Meanwhile, People In Favor Of Eating Tasty Animals is planning on a march on Washington.... Washington state. It's greener and has a much nicer climate and everyone can stop and pick berries if they get hungry.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
He's hunting for someone to blame and that's a very scary idea because he's going to miss the real threats.

As long as he keeps his eyes directly on the Middle East, he's going to be watching the real threats.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

He did send me hush money. Sadly I bought a truck with it, and guess what happened???
Those deer must be stopped. ...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
A reply to relda:

So those four US National Guard soldiers weren't killed in a IED laid by the men arrested in Bowling Green? Is that what you're saying here? Will you continue to deny that there was a massacre and it was connected to the two men arrested, charged and convicted for plotting to do more of the same?
Apparently those lives didn't matter. Because it didn't happen right? Tell it to the relatives of the National Guard members.
These men were arrested in Bowling Green KY for plotting MORE massacres of US troops. But I guess to you US National Guard troops aren't eligible to be massacred?

And you probably believe that the Ft. Hood attack was workplace violence because again, these were US soldiers who were murdered. Your blinders are blinding you to reality.

I am sorry but tying to use soldiers deaths as a way to justify lies of the presidents administration is a terrible thing to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join