It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

February is Black History of Achievements Month. How Will You Honor or Celebrate It?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If it can in any way somehow cause the History Channel to broadcast some actual history instead of Pawn Stars or Pickin' Up Crap at a Flea Market, then I'm all for it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
February 7, 2017

For those of you who didn't know, Blacks/African Americans in the United States, Blacks in Canada, and in the United Kingdom, have an entire month dedicated to honoring notable events, people, achievements, and their contributions, since the founding of these nations.

For a high-level overview, visit this Wiki page: en.wikipedia.org...

More in-depth - Library of Congress BHM website: www.africanamericanhistorymonth.gov...

Just because it's "Black" History Month, doesn't mean that only Black African Americans honor it. Personally, I am honoring the spirit of Black History of Achievements Month, by visiting the DuSable Museum in Chicago this week.

WHAT WILL YOU OR YOUR FAMILY DO this month to honor and/or celebrate the contributions and achievements of Black African Americans???

-CareWeMust

Nothing...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
February 21, 2017

President Donald J. Trump visited, and spoke at the relatively new (opened 9.23.16) National Museum of African American History and Culture today.

Subj: www.cnn.com...

It's nice to see a President who really cares about African American contributions to our great nation.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
2-21-2019

Maybe Chicago police can put as much emphasis on solving murders of African Americans, as they have put towards solving African American Jussie Smollett's hate-crime hoax.

It's sad that less than 25% of murders are solved in Chicago. Murderers have a better than 7 in 10 chance of never being caught.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Morgan Freeman is an idiot and psting that proves nothing.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I won't celebrate it, because I cannot call myself 'black'.

I will wait for my own race to have a history month, and then maybe I will feel that I can celebrate that!

Celebrating another race's history month seems kind of weird *shrug*. Doesn't it?

Even weirder - why is there a history month to celebrate only one race to start with? How did that happen? Why not a month to celebrate all races? Or a different month for every race? There are tons of races worth celebrating, if you feel that you must celebrate race. And a whole month? Who can even celebrate for a whole month, even if it is the shortest month of the year? I get tired after celebrating a whole weekend, for any reason hah (I am a vigorous celebrator, and my body can only handle so much vigorous celebrating!).

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

WHAT WILL YOU OR YOUR FAMILY DO this month to honor and/or celebrate the contributions and achievements of Black African Americans???

Uh, nothing.
Why would we?
We aren't black. We are "Non-Hispanic European Americans". And, being "Americans" doesn't mean anything either. Its not a tribal identification marker. Its simply an indication of where someone was born or where someone immigrated too, or their parents immigrated too. Anybody can claim to be an "American". Just like African Nigerians can immigrate to the UK and claim to be "British".

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Celebrating another race's history month seems kind of weird *shrug*. Doesn't it?

Extremely weird. But it's what US Americans do because............the African population is the most celebrated racial group in the US. Thus, proudly NOT celebrating BHM marks a person as a racist. But then again, if your NOT a POC, if you're a non-hispanic white, you're presumed to BE a racist, at least as far as the US population is concerned.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

It's a self-proclaimed month. I don't think the Federal Government has officially labeled February as "Black History" month?

Whatever your ancestory is, you can ask community leaders to designate a month to honor it.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't. No one group of skin color type should have their own history month it's ridiculous.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I acknowledge the Black History Month by watching the Netflix presentation of the Movie "BLACK EARTH RISING"… the recent past warring between Hooties & Tootsies (I hope my spellings are accurate) & the French secretly aiding the Genocide

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I will not look to the external of my fellow beings around me as I have done all my life, not just one month a year, and definitely not just the shortest month of the year.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Nice to acknowledge this when there are only seven days left in the month.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This thread is more than a year old, young lady. While we're here, check out the Trump Jr. reception.

Here: www.qmap.pub...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Probably by not faking a hate crime...........

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Ignoring the date stamp to try and get a jab in huh?????

Damn you really are a first order miserable person aren't you

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ummm, engage in some meaningful racial dialogue on ATS. *snicker*

I prefer not to say how we celebrated because that could be construed as cultural appropriation.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Probably by not faking a hate crime...........

That's good. I started a thread www.abovetopsecret.com... due to so many HATE CRIME HOAXES being perpetrated in this country. We don't need any more.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I prefer not to say how we celebrated because that could be construed as cultural appropriation.

If you're not running for office, or are a high-profile person, don't worry about what others think of you. No matter what you say or do, you'll have supporters and you'll have enemies. That's how the world turns. Just turn with it!

BTW.. Check out this heart-warming video of President Trump and our First Lady honoring African Americans from all walks of life, at the White House yesterday (2.21.2019).
If CNN or MSNBC were to show this, they'd lose 98% of their audience. Doesn't fit the LIE they're getting gullible viewers to swallow, 24/7.
edit on 2/23/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't think Congressman HANK JOHSNSON leading a group of CBC members to South Africa, was an appropriate expenditure of taxpayer funds to celebrate Black History Month.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 2/23/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join