It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

February is Black History of Achievements Month. How Will You Honor or Celebrate It?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think celebrate history of an specific race is racist.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I think Black History month is still needed, maybe more than ever because too many people are on the national stage whom, in the past, have been very vocal about how America is all about white, European culture and that we need to do everything to we can to protect it. Most of text book and curriculum leaves non whites and women out for the most part. The only way I can see justifying getting rid of Black History month is if the history text books change and curriculum changes.

But I'll wait til Frederick Douglas weighs in to decide for sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I will do my bit.

I will watch a Morgan Freeman movie.

How's zat!

P

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Nothing , Better things to do with my time .

Is that answer relevant to the question? Hmmm..

It's sort of like the kid raising his hand to say that he doesn't have Spring Break plans, when the question was, "Who here has Spring Break plans?"

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I will do my bit.

I will watch a Morgan Freeman movie.

How's zat!

P

I'll add that to my DuSable museum visit. Thanks for the tip!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

What about a specific person's achievements? Is that OK?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I will celebrate it just like I celebrate White history month,what is the purpose,once again the liberal government and MSM,promoting racism

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Nothing , Better things to do with my time .

Is that answer relevant to the question? Hmmm..

It's sort of like the kid raising his hand to say that he doesn't have Spring Break plans, when the question was, "Who here has Spring Break plans?"

Some of us actually spend our time running businesses to earn a living instead of wasting time on useless liberal # .
And then you guys wonder why your so divided and behind over there .

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: hutch622

How odd , February .

Shortest month of the year?

Still too long.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I remember Trayvon Martin; because Obama said he could be his son. Really shocked me.

Wish to God I had never heard our president say that-such an ill-timed, ignorant statement.

That was disgusting as it was interfering with a ongoing court case.

The president should of been impeached for breaking Zimmermans constitutional right to a fair trial.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am glad that I read your post in full. Have a great day my friend.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I will be rolling my eyes, avoiding television and sharing racist jokes with friends around the country.

edit on 7-2-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Until there is a white history month "i.e. EQUALITY" I won't celebrate black history month

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There are many people and accomplishments I could mention (I've been reading a lot of Cornel West lately if that counts,) but at this particular moment in history, it feels like I can't without it spawning an endless and contentious debate. So I'll observe it privately.

To the issue of why such a month is "needed," or why it isn't racist, I would add something about intersectionality, representation, privilege, and false equivalency, but for the same reason, and because I know many simply don't acknowledge those things (which is their prerogative,) or regard them as leftist nonsense (as, again, is their prerogative,) I won't.

I'll simply say, reading about our nation's history is always a good thing. And leave it at that.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This year is special I think I will celebrate black history month by wearing "ALL LIVES MATTER" & "BLUE LIVES MATTER" shirts every where I go.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well since people like you are trying to erase the white European history, we have to protect it. It's obvious that is under assault. This is a majority white country. If you don't like it move to a country that's not majority-white.
edit on 7-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So many double post this morning.
edit on 7-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I think Black History month is still needed, maybe more than ever because too many people are on the national stage whom, in the past, have been very vocal about how America is all about white, European culture and that we need to do everything to we can to protect it. Most of text book and curriculum leaves non whites and women out for the most part. The only way I can see justifying getting rid of Black History month is if the history text books change and curriculum changes.

But I'll wait til Frederick Douglas weighs in to decide for sure.

Well it makes you feel good about yourself. Meanwhile 6% of the country is committing just about half of all violent crime in the country. But let's just ignore that and Pat ourselves on the back for Black History Month.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

how about decaf, on this early morning. it cant be a good start for your day...

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Trueman

What about a specific person's achievements? Is that OK?

Just because it's you. Permission granted.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join