It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is consciousness located?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Yes, M'Lday. Would be great to meet someone who can do it. There was once a guru told me that you can do it while you're body is walking down the Street.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Apparently today's consciousness lies in the MSM. Just sayin

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: muzzleflash

Then i guess the Scientists involved with high IQ's were completely wrong in their analysis of their ongoing research of several years?

You have access to their IQ scores?
Doubtful.

It's unlikely they breach 132, and that's low.
Of course they couldn't figure it out with that little of horsepower.

You're not really here, you're a figment of my fake imagination.

No, you're me and I'm you.
We are both the Admin of the Matrix playing every role.
Since time does not exist in this reality (and probably not in the Admin's super-reality either) than there is enough time to play every role of every seemingly conscious being through all the history of the universe.

Here's a question.
If you play a video game, does that world exist as spatial reality?
And where does you consciousness reside?

Ponder these things.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Is it because Reality is subjective to us

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Left little toe.

I walked into a door jamb the other day and I couldn't think for about 3 minutes.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
In the DNA, ultimately.

I think you have it close enough, scientifically speaking.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But even then, I bet you had all sorts of colourful observations being verbally relayed in regards to the door jam.
So if it was in the little toe, and you stubbed your consciousness, you wouldn't have been"aware" of the pain.

edit on 31-1-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Night Star

It's fascinating stuff, I also know someone who experienced NDE it's also interesting that they say the human 'aura' can be registered for 3 days before completely disappearing. But I do believe we live in the 'Now' and that everything is happening all at once.

So then you agreed with all of my posts so far.

Because only one reality can be possible if we live in "now" and everything happened all at once.

That the big bang happened less than .000000001 seconds ago, that there is no spatial distance between any objects because gravity will cause the big bang to actually be a big collapse into infinity, and there is only 1 location and that is where your consciousness resides.

We exist beyond the...

and since everything is being crushed infinitely inwards, this is a...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The holographic universe, good read.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If you look into a mirror ,do you see a conscious being ? How do you know ? Can it be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to someone else that ,that being in the mirror is a conscious being ? Do we really need objective proof to prove something or someone is real ? Could it be that the image is a conscious creature ? What does made in the image of mean ?
edit on 31-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Strange, it posted to muzzleflash instead! Must be a Matronix glitch.

The holographic universe, good read.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You're making my left little toe hurt.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

That is a very valid question, no one has a definitive answer for.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can feel the pain Phage but its in my right little toe .

link   

Man created IQ scores anyways, it doesnt matter. What matters is that everything is subjective in hololand. Ever changing. Either we are all right, or no one is right.

And even then, it's all illusional. We could be trapped in a petrie dish being observed by something. When we die, we wake up.

link   

Which question ?

link   
Consciousness is not confined to the physical body. The Brain, body, and granular system are then receiver of a consciousness stream.

Depending on where and when you were born determines a lot of your personality. Try this it seems to be spot on for me. It is a birth chart and if you plug in your birthday/time/location of birth it will give a pretty close description of your personality. I believe it is based off ancient astrology. alabe.com...

I believe true astrology is an accent science that was lost to mankind during an ancient cataclysm and silenced over the years by various religious organizations.

Astral projection is what made me start questioning everything. I read about astral projection on this webiste and many others a long time ago. I eventually taught myself to do it and now understand that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.

Consciousness doesn't have a physical location, physical reality is created by consciousness. Everything you see is part of the collective conscious. We are 99.9% empty space, this reality is a denser/more real version of a dream.

We are all divided parts of that one consciousness. Your reality is a mirror of your own subconscious. What you think is what you get. Focus on good and productivity and thats what you get, focus on negative crap and thats what you get.

I think Earth is a school to train our divided consciousness to grow into a separate but equal consciousness. In other words. This is a step to learning to become conscious beings creating our own universes.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

This one

If you look into a mirror ,do you see a conscious being ? How do you know ? Can it be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to someone else that ,that being in the mirror is a conscious being ? Do we really need objective proof to prove something or someone is real ? Could it be that the image is a conscious creature ? What does made in the image of mean ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I counted 6 question marks .Can we compress it down to just one question ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I should know better than to try and reply and understand these types of threads. My poor little brain ends up hurting. So many theories out there and when I try to delve into some of them, I'm still left sitting here thinking I might be getting it, but not really having a clue. I don't think we were meant to have all the answers here and now. I just know that we are far more than this physical body and I believe we go on after the demise of these physical bodies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join