It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Reveals Substantial Evidence of Holographic Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The main theory as I remember, read this book years ago, is that information about the entire universe can be found within every cell, and atom in the universe.

That's not how a hologram works though. He seems to be confusing the fact that a holographic plate can be broken into small pieces and each piece can still be used to project a hologram. That is not the same thing as the each part of the projection containing all of the information.

Oh, and the smaller the piece of the holographic plate, the lower the resolution of the projection.

www.holography.ru...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Which is why it is an "analogy" not to be taken literally.

Professor Kostas Skenderis of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Southampton explains: “Imagine that everything you see, feel and hear in three dimensions (and your perception of time) in fact emanates from a flat two-dimensional field. The idea is similar to that of ordinary holograms where a three-dimensional image is encoded in a two-dimensional surface, such as in the hologram on a credit card. However, this time, the entire universe is encoded.”

sciencebulletin.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Yes. The idea is that the entire Universe is "encoded" on something separate from the Universe, that "two-dimensional surface".. Like a holographic plate. I get that.

edit on 1/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ok lets straighten a couple of things out. First experiments have shown us a holographic universe may work on paper but reality is something different. European Space Agency's Integral gamma-ray observatory has shown our universe lacks the fuzziness of a halogram. What this means is if we look at something small enough we will thinks like quarks an gluons to not exist they woud be a projection and like any projection when you look at small pieces the image falls apart. The observatory has measured an extremely bright gamma-ray burst as it traveled 300 million light-years towards Earth, and the results were unmistakable: there were no signs of blurriness down to 10^-48 meter. This is even smaller than a planck length, Anything below this falls apart in our current understanding of physics but bottom line the information is local.

Now holographic theory has nothing to do with black holes our universe couldn't exist on a black hole. The reason is simple it only holds so much information but more importantly we would get non locality everywhere. Now for this to work we need to have a conformal field theory. Quickest explanation is in a 2 dimensional universe all points would have to be the same distance from all other points in a 3 dimensional display. This isn't in any way a black hole for this theory to work you need a higher dimension and this information would have to sit on the boundary off anti de Sitter spacetime . Think of space shaped much like a saddle for a horse. In 3d space I can go directly from one point to another straight line being the quickest obviously but in anti de Sitter spacetime no matter which two points I chose the distance will exactly match the journey in 3d space . Now heres the other problem using string theory where all this derives from there is no explanation on how a 2 dimensional universe could even exist looks good on paper but not so much in reality.

Bottom line every now and them some mathematician will revisit this saying they have proof mathematically. However when we look at the macroscopic scales we just don't get a match to what we observe. I think people just like the idea because of things like the matrix.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Every Galaxy does have a super massive black hole.

and Perhaps...

its the connection to one Dimension to another " universe "

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: bobw927

If you go down to the molecular, atomic and subatomic structure, you'd wonder how anything can be "solid"

You could fit the entire human race in the volume of a sugar cube

This is because matter is incredibly, mind-bogglingly empty. An atom is like a miniature Solar System, with a tight nucleus playing the role of a Sun orbited by electrons like planets. But the nucleus is incredibly tiny compared with the orbits of the electrons. Tom Stoppard, the playwright, had the best image. He said, if the nucleus is like the altar of St Paul's cathedral, an electron is like a moth in the cathedral, one moment by the altar, the next by the dome. Imagine squeezing all the space out of an atom. Well, if you did that to all the atoms in all the people in the world, you could indeed fit the entire human race in the volume of a sugar cube.

www.physics.org...

The Great Waste of Space ...

Pretty Much like Some Computer Languages!

the Big Gaps !

like Comparing IBM , Pascal C++ etc..
Programming Structure vs Commodore 64 Programming Structure

when it takes 5 times as much space of Language Code
on a IBM then a Commodore 64..

well Atoms and Molecules are Tiny Universe's themselves

Fibonacci Sequence & Fractals Frequency Cymatics All play a part ...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Remimds me of StarGate Universes main plot, the ancients saw a pattern an intelligence in the background radiation noise, funny how that works.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes. The idea is that the entire Universe is "encoded" on something separate from the Universe, that "two-dimensional surface".. Like a holographic plate. I get that.

He hinted that information about the universe is encoded in every cell or atom. But it still needs explaining how a cell in my own body could have any information about the Andromeda galaxy or the Orion Nebula.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
How utterly cool and durn fascinating. Any idea on who's running the projector?

Howdy, Brudda.

The Annunaki of course.... Or wait.. Maybe the Illuminati. Or are they also part of the hologram?
Meh, this makes my brain hurt and feel mushy.

On a more serious note; very interesting hypothesis. Quantum physics never ceases to amaze, though that may be largely due to my utter lack of comprehension.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And how does this make you feel?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: s3cz0ne

i think atoms may be alien super computers

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Update: Gizmodo.com - You Aren't Living in a Hologram, Even if You Wish You Were.

The researchers built a model with one time and two space dimensions from this insight, and plugged in real data on the universe, including cosmic microwave background (CMB), invisible light from several hundred thousand years after the Big Bang that hits Earth from all directions. The model accurately recreated the behavior of thin slices of the CMB, but cannot recreate slivers of the universe more than 10 degrees wide, which would require a more complex model. Afshordi explained the scientists didn’t prove that the early universe was a hologram, but rather, found that they couldn’t rule out holographic models. They published their results in the journal Physical Review Letters on Friday.

That makes more sense when stated that way. A holographic model was not ruled out. So we are not slices of bologna on the surface of a singularity gazing at our navel through our third stone from the sun eye and being groovy! We are more than concepts living in the bar code scanner universe.

Makes me feel deserving of my proof of not being flat--my "husky boy" pants!

What a fun concept! And conversation!! The article goes on to say that in the attempt to make a simpler model (and hence theory) of the growth and expansion of universe from the Big Bang they dropped a dimension (3-D) and you can drop any dimensions to make your model simpler they just chose that one.

edit on 31-1-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
ive got another question since nobody answered my last question, since an atom is mostly space, do electrons and protons buzz around the nucleus at such a speed that it creates the illusion of the thing it is possible programmed to be, and if the atom had a powercut (analogy) would the thing (lets say the atoms that make up a car) would it appear to disappear.
or what if atoms were conscious.... and they are f@@@@@@ with us.... that could explain all phenomenon!

edit on 31-1-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Ever try "Ask a question about physics" thread? I haven't been in a while but these type of questions show up all the time.

The answer would be strong- and weak- nuclear forces. Atoms are mostly nothing. They're described as "fields" interacting with each other in predefined ways (quantum mechanics, QM). The problem occurs when jumping that gap from a single atom to hold-in-you-hand solid objects. Kind of a Zeno's paradox argument (infinitely small adding up to a wall that you take half the distance to get to, and each time half the distance, and never reach the wall. Of course until you smash your nose into it and Zeno falls off his chair laughing at you). Even though the gap has been jumped in maths with infinite sums (and integration) where infinite/finite can now be discussed there is still the problem between QM and general relativity.

With that info in hand, if I followed your question: what would happen if you could loosen the nuclear forces in this universe (manipulate the QM fields of solid objects)? Would you slide through to another one? Maybe just phase out? Maybe go invisible! And the scary side, what if you could weaponize that ability?

That is an interesting question! Kind of sounds like the Philadelphia Experiment and "ray guns", right? Perfect question for a conspiracy site!

Sorry, you probably have more questions now than when you started!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Considering that all matter is comprised of mostly empty space, that leaves a lot of ROOM for all kinds of possibilities...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

yes i have many more lol.... thanks for the info!
i probably should do a thread on the matter..... just to learn more, its fascinating stuff

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Great post!!
I read about this some 15 years ago.

Mystics have used, ( though not understood) this idea for many centuries, it would seem.

Children seem to be born. " seeing " things we adults do not. By about 3-4 years old we get them 'adjusted' to agreeing that the reality we see is the correct one. (Ask any parent how real what we call 'imagination' is to a toddler.)

We were trained to reality the same way. And collectively we daily reinforce that reality with each other. (" Get Real, Dude ! ") Most arguements and wars are fought to force an opponent to accept one sides ' world view '. (Dems vs. Reps or Catholic vs. Protestant. )

And this consious act of ' Reality Buffering ' assures a future reality that follows the same pattern. We lucidly dream all our tomorrows.

The future shifts when enough people find a new dream. Maybe MEs are shift points where the universe is regaining it's equalibrium???

Then again, maybe I'm just crazy.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What if all this goes back to proving God. More specifically the theories of Alan Watts who stated we are all God, just living infinite lives and adventures forever and ever. I mean think about it. If you were God and could create the ultimate video game experience to keep yourself from being bored, wouldn't you create the most elaborate and real experience so that you would forget you were a God?And you set up certain rules in your games to make it difficult. And just like in a video game,when you die, you get a new life.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: The GUT

It is Universe itself--it is conscious and we live in the matrix-hologram-simulation dream world of our own choosing. We seem to have volunteered to be a part of the simulation to experience this.

I think we are aliens from the future experiencing what the human beings did and how they made it through the point in their history where they faced annihilation or salvation.

Hm... If we are simulated, there is a huge possibility that there never has existed anything "physical" named "human". If we are simulated, we may be constructs the likes of Sims - which haven't existed either.

At the end of the day, no matter what model one believes in, the remaining questions are "Who's behind all this?" and "What's outside of all this".

Maybe it all "folds in on itself" and has no beginning, no end, no outside, no meaning and no creator.

That would be ... Fascinating.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Missing word.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We're all actually just NPCs in somebody's game of Roy. Wabalubbadubdub!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join