It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Reveals Substantial Evidence of Holographic Universe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I like the idea of a "crunch" but i have always wondered if the universe came from another universe that was sucked up by some enormous black hole that grew out of proportion and just ate everything.

I just cannot get my head around the fact that the universe is still expanding just like you.

I am that caveman looking at a telly.lol BUT i want to know more on how it works, i doubt we will ever get the answer though..!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Redback

i think the big bang is the result of the creation of a black hole in another universe, possibly!!

Ohh dear, i have just said the exact same thing to Mr. Gortex.lol
I am so glad that i am not the only person who thinks this way.... I do like your way of thinking.lol

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
originally posted by: Box of Rain

I strongly disagree. And again, you mentioned the words "possible" and "could", which points to many possibilities of how things can and will transpire in my own life, in yours, and other sentient beings. Even animals make random or unpredictable choices sometimes. It's NOT the result of what elementary particles have been up to since the Big Bang, although I'll agree that, at fundamental level, the non-sentient physical reality in the universe (such as star formation) is indeed the direct result of all those particles interacting.

I think every thought/choice we, or any animal, makes is dictated by brain matter and brain chemistry. We think, do, and act the way we do because of decisions made in our brain, and our brain works by moving chemicals around between neurons.

In my opinion, there is no other force that is at work causing our our brains to do what they do -- all thought and actions are is all self-contained in that amalgamation of brain meat and chemicals, which are made of the same particles that were created at the time the universe was created.

I mean, where does a seemingly random thought come from if it didn't come from your brain? And if it did come from within your brain, why did your brain create a random thought in the first place? What could cause your self-contained brain to do something random if it wasn't caused by the interaction of brain meat and brain chemicals?

Granted, there is a theoretical way. I mentioned before that there may in fact be intrinsic unpredictability built into the way particles behave (quantum uncertainty and such). It may be that quantum uncertainty can lead to a brain having random thoughts and do chaotic unpredictable things....

...However, there are/were physicists (such as Einstein) who think that possibly what we THINK is intrinsic uncertainty (i.e., the idea that a particle may behave randomly) is simply due to a lack of a complete enough understanding of the quantum world. That is to say, if we look deep enough, and understand deeply enough, these quantum uncertainties, then maybe we will find "Hidden Variables" that can explain particle behavior with certainty. Something analogous to Newton's equations about motion that can be applied to the quantum world, making the behavior of every particle knowable using math equations, rather than having uncertainty.

Having said that, Bell's Theorem seems to dispute the existence of these hidden variables or the possibility that something analogous to classical mechanics could be applied to quantum particle behavior...but then again, maybe Bell was wrong.

edit on 2017/2/3 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

very good teot. now consider this. take newtons concept of momentum and generalize to billions of points of human consciousness of a 4 D universe. now consider the rack of balls being hit by the cue. a conscious mind directed the cue and changed the momentum of all. if a conscious mind sees the 4 D world itself as a holographic projection, where now does one aim the cue?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

very good teot. now consider this. take newtons concept of momentum and generalize to billions of points of human consciousness of a 4 D universe. now consider the rack of balls being hit by the cue. a conscious mind directed the cue and changed the momentum of all. if a conscious mind sees the 4 D world itself as a holographic projection, where now does one aim the cue?

If one were in the same frame of reference as the rack of billiard balls, then one would aim the cue square at the rack of billiard balls. It would only be if the person were outside of that frame of reference that things would get dicey.

It would be like if I were standing on a rock above the water with a spear gun tying to shoot a fish under the surface of that water. Outside the water (outside of the frame of reference that contains the fish) I may have trouble hitting the fish because due to light refraction, the fish is not actually in the location that my eyes see it. However, if I were underwater (within the same frame of reference as the fish), refraction would be minimal and the fish would mostly be exactly where I see it, and thus the fish would be easier to spear.

edit on 2017-2-3 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think every thought/choice we, or any animal, makes is dictated by brain matter and brain chemistry. We think, do, and act the way we do because of decisions made in our brain, and our brain works by moving chemicals around between neurons.

In my opinion, there is no other force that is at work causing our our brains to do what they do -- all thought and actions are is all self-contained in that amalgamation of brain meat and chemicals, which are made of the same particles that were created at the time the universe was created.

Have you ever had one of them moments were you just KNOW something bad is going to happen???

A little story of mine, i had this FEELING for a few years that something big was going to change my life, i didn't know what, who, why or where but i just KNEW something was going to change my life in a big way.

That feeling came to life, it was like i was on a path that i was MEANT to take so i took it, unfortunately it turned into one of my biggest nightmares but i just knew at the time that i had to take this path that was laid out for me and even though it turned into a complete nightmare i still believe that i needed to take that path...

I still cannot understand how i knew my life was going to change so dramatically but i knew 100% at least 2 maybe 3 years before it happened...!

edit on 3-2-2017 by Redback because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Redback

i used to feel like i was gonna die before i was 21, my papa died the day before my 21st birthday,
coincidence? trade? premonition? synchronicity? Self fulfilling prophecy? i dont know but i am in the
way of thinking of the good things im gonna achieve now, with the daily mantra, i am whole, perfect,
strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy. Got that from a book called the master key system.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

“Despite the unrivaled empirical success of quantum theory, the very suggestion that it may be literally true as a description of nature is still greeted with cynicism, incomprehension and even anger.” (T. Folger, “Quantum Shmantum”; Discover 22:37-43, 2001)

This is what’s known as post-materialist science, and in my opinion, it’s clearly the next area of study to further understand the nature of our universe. And the study of ‘consciousness’ is right at its heart.

Collective-evolution.com -Quantum Theory Sheds Light On What Happens When We Die: The Afterlife.

Seems that this has been coming up more and more often. A few replies have touched on it and it may be a good time to bring up: consciousness.

Another thread asks "where is it"? And the main camps of thought are: brain, and, emergent property. The quoted article goes around in a circle trying to explain that consciousness may lay outside of our bodies. Which would lend credence to the simulation thought. I am just not sure how it would work though.

Which brings us back to TheGUT's question (I was being semi-flippant in my response but also a bit serious). Who's consciousness is experiencing this universe? The simulation theory is nice because it gives you an out. The holographic theory seems to dovetail into the many universes area which is more philosophy rather than science (which leads directly to the types of article quoted above).

Man, my brain hurts! I need a beer to think this through. Maybe several...

Anyway, consciousness seems like it has to play a bigger role in any discussion about this crazy, wacky universe. How strange is that? We view the universe with space probes and telescope images to only find ourselves turning back inwards to find the universe within!

edit on 3-2-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: missing transitive verb

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Greetings-

I just came across this and now I'm looking for more or parts 2-7

wearelightbeings.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Strange dream last night.... the holographic world we are in was shown to me in a understandable way

it takes a whole lot of brain work to make the process (the illusion of time-space in 3,4 & 5 dimensions) be a seamless reality

when there is a snafu in commercial movie-projector the sound-track and visual projection do not mesh/synch very well
the same with the person's internalized movie-projector analogy... and that snafu can explain the uncommon OBEs from out-of-the-blue that happen for no reason or stress or whatever

you suddenly find yourself outside of 'normal reality'... like a singular entity lost in the empty void of deep-darkness....

glitches like that happened to me maybe 4-5 times in my current life time

that movie maker Pixar would be like the maker of the 'cells' which are the model for our reality, which are then sequenced into an animation Story-board... then shown to the viewer (experiencer) at a 32 frames-per-second rate to give the impression of life/motion/reality..

the Matrix is another movie which gives a reasonable 'look' behind the curtain

I reckon some remote viewers find that 'sweet-spot' and roam around & rummage through that vast area which houses all those 'still-frames' before those frames are loaded into that device we compare to a movie projector... OBEs & Astral Travelers are also outside the holographic universe force-field

anyways that was the dream in a nut-shell
edit on rd28148616941303502017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wolfenz

Neil deGrasse Tyson says it’s ‘very likely’ the universe is a simulation
No. He said that he thinks the liklihood may be very high but he has no actually evidence for it. What does he have? A tongue firmly in cheek. Here is the full context of his statement.

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: I think the likelihood may be very high. And my evidence for it is just it’s a thought experiment, and it’s simple. We’ll just end with this reflection—and I’m elsewhere like on YouTube saying this, so you can check it out later, if you choose. I just think when I look at what we measure to be our own intelligence, and we tend to think highly of it, getting back to Jim’s point, there’s a certain hubris just even in how we think about our relationship to the world. And that’s understandable perhaps, even in the search for intelligent life in the universe. It comes with the assumption that we’ll find life that also thinks we are intelligent. Well, if we look at other life forms on earth with whom we have DNA in common, there is none that we would rank ever in the history of the fossil record, or life thriving today, that we would rank with us and our level of intelligence. So, given our definitions, we’re the only intelligent species there ever was because we have poetry and philosophy and music and art. And then I thought to myself, well, if the chimpanzee has 98-whatever percent identical DNA to us—pick any animal. It doesn’t matter. Dogs, it doesn’t matter. Mammals have very close DNA to us. They cannot do trigonometry. Some people can’t do trigonometry. Certainly not these animals. So, if they cannot do trigonometry, and they have such close genetic identity to us, let’s take that same gap and put it beyond us and find some life form that is that much beyond us that we are beyond the dog or the chimp. What would we look like to them? We would be drooling, blithering idiots in their presence. The smartest chimp can do maybe some sign language and stack boxes and reach a banana, put up an umbrella, like our toddlers can do. Our toddlers do that. So, maybe the smartest human—bring Stephen Hawking forward in front of this other species, and they’re chuckling because they’ll say, oh, this happens to be the smartest human because he’s slightly smarter than the rest because he can do astrophysics calculations in his head, like little Timmy over here.

[laughter]

Oh, you’re back from preschool? Oh, you’ve just composed a symphony. That’s so—let’s put it on the refrigerator door. We just derived all the principles of—oh, that’s cute. And so that is not a stretch to think about. And if that’s the case, it is easy for me to imagine that everything in our lives is just the creation of some other entity for their entertainment. It is easy for me to think that. So, whatever the likelihood is: zero percent, 1 percent, 17, 42, no answer, I’m saying the day we learn that it is true I will be the only one in the room saying I’m not surprised. Thank you all for coming tonight, and thank the panel.
www.amnh.org...

So, sort of a typical wordy Tyson ramble.

BTW, the holographic Universe hypothesis is not the same as the simulated Universe hypothesis.

it wasn't me that said it Phage it was the Site that make that title ..

yeah the Very High and Very Likely similar meaning ..

Right he can not place any Evidence but he isn't Ruling it all out either ...

yet he does think Aliens are way above the Intellect Chain...

we are like Ants compared to them he is right about that ..
but Ant have a closer Social Structure System as we do
more then any Animal on the Planet !
and Ape do not have that ability ..

Tyson also talks about that, The 98% Comparison Difference between humans and Apes..
what he doesn't explain as to why our intellect is so different from them to us
( not sure if Tyson had known )
you might ask what is the Difference ?
We have 3 Times more of a Wrap around of neurons then the BIG Apes
that in Apes have more of a Sensory Smell then we do ..
but its that big 2 % difference between us .. makes all the change ..
we are just Designed differently

Tyson had talks about The Stupid Design theory ...
it does make you question... and his Comic Relief
is so Awesome ... but...
I myself would think , it kinda helps along with the Hologram universe theory

BTW, the holographic Universe hypothesis is not the
same as the simulated Universe hypothesis.

a ((( Our Computer ) Simulation cant Solve the Unknown Mysteries either

( the Just by Observing )
It cant explain the Slit Theory
it cant Explain the Quantum Entanglement of how it actually works

it cant Explain certain levels of Gravity
Nor the Force Fields in a Single Atom along with it 99.9
Space and the reason for it ..

including Anti matter, Dark matter
Dimensions ,
and many others too much to list ..

Mankind has Done Amazing things in the past 100 years!
so much do the Works of a God and Playing as a God ..
as what we do comparing what an Ant or Chimp looks Upon Us

We might as well just say

Movies like TRON, Tron Legacy, The 13th Floor, Matrix Series

just may have a bit of Truth to them ...

The User/Programmer ( God ) and the program ( the living Species on Earth )

and perhaps Tyson would say he wasn't Surprised ..
when the Conclusion does come..

Ill tell you what i think Phage ..

Just Maybe The Universe is Multitude of Copies from higher to lesser grades
all linked and interacting with each other.
beyond the Norm of what we can comprehend ..
not a Simulation nor a hologram
Could be ..

Reaction Change just by Observing ...
has got me thinking , Peek a boo Dimensions ( 4th Dimension )

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

If there's a coherent thought in there somewhere, it's well hidden.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If there's a coherent thought in there somewhere, it's well hidden.

So what are you saying Phage , that Im not making Sense ?

its a Deep Thought .. my Kinda Rambling ,,

Most of it is, what you placed in the Article about Tyson ...

and what I was breaking Down .. from this the Article of Tysons Rambling ...
sorry my bad I should numbered it for you ..

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: I think the likelihood may be very high. And my evidence for it is just it’s a thought experiment, and it’s simple. We’ll just end with this reflection—and I’m elsewhere like on YouTube saying this, so you can check it out later, if you choose. I just think when I look at what we measure to be our own intelligence, and we tend to think highly of it, getting back to Jim’s point, there’s a certain hubris just even in how we think about our relationship to the world. And that’s understandable perhaps, even in the search for intelligent life in the universe. It comes with the assumption that we’ll find life that also thinks we are intelligent. Well, if we look at other life forms on earth with whom we have DNA in common, there is none that we would rank ever in the history of the fossil record, or life thriving today, that we would rank with us and our level of intelligence. So, given our definitions, we’re the only intelligent species there ever was because we have poetry and philosophy and music and art. And then I thought to myself, well, if the chimpanzee has 98-whatever percent identical DNA to us—pick any animal. It doesn’t matter. Dogs, it doesn’t matter. Mammals have very close DNA to us. They cannot do trigonometry. Some people can’t do trigonometry. Certainly not these animals. So, if they cannot do trigonometry, and they have such close genetic identity to us, let’s take that same gap and put it beyond us and find some life form that is that much beyond us that we are beyond the dog or the chimp. What would we look like to them? We would be drooling, blithering idiots in their presence. The smartest chimp can do maybe some sign language and stack boxes and reach a banana, put up an umbrella, like our toddlers can do. Our toddlers do that. So, maybe the smartest human—bring Stephen Hawking forward in front of this other species, and they’re chuckling because they’ll say, oh, this happens to be the smartest human because he’s slightly smarter than the rest because he can do astrophysics calculations in his head, like little Timmy over here.

www.amnh.org...

but I would Like to point out...

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: So, she does have the answer.

So, let me just end before we transition to Q&A. I want to get the likelihood that you think we are in a simulation. Ten percent chance? Twenty percent? Just give me a number. Just a number. Go.

>>ZOHREH DAVOUDI: I can’t give you that number. I don’t have any answers.

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: No.

[laughter]

She’s not authorized to divulge that information. Okay, so you’re giving no answer. Max?

>>MAX TEGMARK: Seventeen percent.

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: Seventeen percent.

[laughter]

Jim? Morpheus?

>>JAMES GATES: One percent.

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: One percent chance.

>>LISA RANDALL: I’m going with effectively zero.

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: Effectively zero. David?

>>DAVID CHALMERS: Forty-two percent.

so you have The One on the Pannel saying ,
the probability of a Simulation in a percentage
Davoudi --%
Tegmark 17%
Tyson as 17 %
Gates as 1%
Randall as 0%
Chalmers 42%

is it Funny , that the David Chalmers a Scientist that specialized philosophy of the mind
thinks differently then the rest in the Panel ...

What do you figure , His Thoughts, of the....

Slit Experiment Theory or the Quantum Entanglement Theory as both Change , by just Observing

OR even Schrödinger's cat LOL...

edit on 62017SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago234 by Wolfenz because: missing wording once again ..

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It would be really ironic that us, here on ATS, discussing the possibility that we're a "simulation" is, in itself, is a simulation (along with the rest of the universe). What kind of information, and where, lead to somebody creating this thread and the rest of us joining in?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
It would be really ironic that us, here on ATS, discussing the possibility that we're a "simulation" is, in itself, is a simulation (along with the rest of the universe). What kind of information, and where, lead to somebody creating this thread and the rest of us joining in?

LOL

C64 Longplay - Little Computer People
www.youtube.com...

The 13th Floor Trailer

Transcending into another reality

Simulation within a simulation

Transcending Out into reality

Simulacron-3
en.wikipedia.org...

Simulacron 3 is the story of a virtual city (total environment simulator) for marketing research, developed by a scientist to reduce the need for opinion polls. The computer-generated city simulation is so well-programmed, that, although the inhabitants have their own consciousness, they are unaware, except for one, that they are only electronic impulses in a computer. The simulator's lead scientist, Hannon Fuller, dies mysteriously, and a co-worker, Morton Lynch, vanishes. The protagonist, Douglas Hall, is with Lynch when he vanishes, and Hall subsequently struggles to suppress his inchoate madness. As time and events unwind, he progressively grasps that his own world is probably not "real" and might be only a computer-generated simulation

Adaptations The novel has been adapted several times into other media, including as the two-part German television film Welt am Draht (1973) (World on a Wire), by Rainer Werner Fassbinder,[2][3] "staying reasonably faithful to Galouye's book," as the film The Thirteenth Floor (1999) directed by Josef Rusnak and as a play World of Wires (2012) directed by Jay Scheib.

edit on 62017SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago234 by Wolfenz because: simulacrom 3 adapted to a movie The 13th Floor

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'd say is it was actually Polybius...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

The brain works by using information we have learned / saw / heard / tasted throughout our lives up to this point, and it has an incredible ability for abstract and disassociated thought. As such, we can indeed make totally random, unpredictable choices. Now that you got me thinking about it, I could decide to do something completely out of the blue, something I've never considered doing and never saw anyone else doing it - such as firing up Microsoft Paint and trying to create a reproduction of Mona Lisa.

Different origin and lifestyle also play a huge role in our thoughts and decisions, and a tribal Amazonian rainforest dweller will think and make completely different plans to a French art collector or, say, a space mission engineer. All those people are made of the same "stuff" and function the same on many levels, but as self-conscious beings that grew up in and experienced a very different environment, they will think, act, and plan very differently. You could do an experiment and swap the tribal Amazonian baby with a noble French one, and the French baby will grow up to be very good at tracking animals and getting honey from the wild bees, while the Amazonian baby will grow up to become a renouned nuclear physicist or influencial politician.

None of the above is decided or predetermined by what elementary particles have been doing after the Big Bang, and certainly not "written" somewhere and "projected" as physical reality.
edit on 5-2-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Very sorry about your Papa Davg80, was it coincidence?!?!?!

I have asked most of my friends if they ever had the feeling something was going to happen and they all said yes and it was always bad things that happened.

I have had so many of these "feelings" that i believe there is more to it than just coincidence's but i do not believe they are self fulfilling prophecies, these bad things or premonitions are or were always going to happen no matter what i did, so is the world really a hologram...!

I must look into that book

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The article explains this with an analogy using the hologram logos on credit cards. Which is not what I first think of when I think about "advanced high tech holographic universe projection".

A hologram logo on a credit card is not a 3d image, it is an illusion of 3d, but actually 2D. When I think of a holographic universe, I think more of something like the "touchable holograms" that I heard about in the news about 5 years ago or more (which, mysteriously, I have not heard anything about them since).

One application of these touchable holograms was to be light switches and door handles made out of these holograms. They were supposed to prevent the spread of germs, since you could not leave germs behind when you touched the switch or handle, since you would not actually be touching a physical surface of normal matter, but a constantly renewing surface of light (photons).

These hypothetical objects would be real 3D objects you would interact with just like any other switch or handle made of plastic, wood, metal, etc.

I had assumed that the "holographic universe" was something more like that. That it existed in a vast amount of 3D space, just as the regular universe we are accustomed to does, except that "matter" (me, you, planets, trees, cars, stars, everything) was a holographic illusion that could be "magically" manipulated by a sophisticated computer code, since it is all made of light. This would account for all supernatural occurances, gods, myths, monsters, ghosts... Just one of the programmers using a "cheat code" or "god mode" for reasons we can hardly fathom... Perhaps some type of maintenance is required from time to time that requires a programmer to insert their consciousness/presence into the program. Of course, they aren't going to have an earthworm for an avatar, or even an ordinary human.

They will create an invincible vehicle to travel around in, faster than light, forward or backward in time, and will have a control pad or maybe some mentally activated way to manipulate the environment. Any humans, animals, or mechanicam/electrical devices in their vicinity can be frozen, deactivated, etc, objects of any mass can be moved with ease, objects can be moved through other objects...

But the way scientists are talking about it, it is not like that, and is more like a holographic logo on a credit card. A flat, 2D screen... But even that credit card logo requires 3 dimensions to be created... It appears flat to us, but it's just a 3D construction that has been compacted/miniaturized enough to fit in a very thin space that appears to be perfectly flat...

So, with that being said, now I am thoroughly confused as to the true nature of the "holographic" universe (theory).

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

So, with that being said, now I am thoroughly confused as to the true nature of the "holographic" universe (theory).

I can make you more confused.
It is not just physical objects would be "projected." It would also be the physical laws which govern them. Gravity would be a "projection." Magnetism, a "projection."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join