It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Reveals Substantial Evidence of Holographic Universe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Fascinating, kinda like filling in the missing link in the evolution of mankind with a giraffe, but fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: gortex

if our Universe is a hologram, therefore by proxy, our explanation of the Universe is false.
think about it.

Not if our explanation of the universe includes that it is akin to a holographic projection.

In the holographic universe hypothesis, the holographic nature of the universe is simply what the universe is -- that is to say, the natural state of the universe is similar to a holographic projection. What we (with our limited brains that evolved within this holographic-style universe) perceive as three dimension of space is really just 2-D information that manifests itself in such a way that our limited brains just THINK it's actually 3 dimensions.

In such a universe, there's no need to have "anyone" running the projector, because this hypothetical hologram is simply what our real universe is made out of. Similarly, tere also needs not to be a place "outside" our universe that can interact with our universe (i.e., a place from which someone is running the projector).

Sure -- there might be a multiverse full of other bubble universes with other physical parameter than our own, but that's a different point altogether

So if the true nature of our universe is found to really be 2-D information that manifests itself to the living beings within it (us) as 3-D things in 3-D space, then how does that change what and who we are? And how does it change the fact that the universe is simply what the universe is?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this gortex. I've always believed in this theory as well, however, albeit, a bit differently.

It makes more sense in the light of deja vu's and the 'mandela' effects, are more likely 'glitches'.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Okay great I don't doubt the fact that we live in a holographic universe but in a holographic universe how do objects become solid like your car or your house or your bed etcetera?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bobw927

If you go down to the molecular, atomic and subatomic structure, you'd wonder how anything can be "solid"

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If we do live in a Holographic Universe, one that is being played out (hence time only perceptively moving forward like a record, movie or video).

Then doesn't that really mean predetermination is real? Destiny and fate would have to be as well...Right? Because it would be possible that this reality is a recording.

So where does that leave Free will? Are our lives already written?

Now add in a holographic multiverse and now you have finite/infinite choice (Freewill) finite given your life and choices infinite in the choices you could ever possibly make and predetermination at the same time...

Spooky.
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 30 Jan 2017 17:36:39 -0600pm5America/Chicago by abeverage because: I forgot my tooooo

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Philosophy, as we know, birthed both Science & Metaphysics and It seems the two just might meet after all.

Peter O'Toole--as the Scientist in the movie "Creator"--said something along the lines of, "I have the feeling that one day we will look into our microscopes and find ourselves staring directly into the eye of God."

Our science is becoming evermore metaphysical and that, to me, is truly mind-blowing. What cometh next?

Yes all very intriguing, but if true than was the entity who wrote the software the same entity that built the system? Who maintains the mechanical application of the "system"? Who maintains the coding?

What does that make us? 1's and 0's?

You know I once heard or read somewhere that if we were ever shown the truth, it would be very anticlimactic and not at all what we think. It would shake us to our core. Where I heard that escapes me but it struck a nerve with me.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
If we do live in a Holographic Universe, one that is being played out (hence time only perceptively moving forward like a record, movie or video).

Then doesn't that really mean predetermination is real? Destiny and fate would have to be as well...Right? Because it would be possible that this reality is a recording.

So where does that leave Free will? Are our lives already written?

Now add in a holographic multiverse and now you have finite/infinite choice (Freewill) finite given your life and choices infinite in the choices you could ever possibly make and predetermination at the same time...

Spooky.

I'd see it more as an MMORPG, in that one player can affect the experience and evolution of another. But someone would need to continually update code, new update, etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

You know I once heard or read somewhere that if we were ever shown the truth, it would be very anticlimactic and not at all what we think. It would shake us to our core. Where I heard that escapes me but it struck a nerve with me.

The truth is that everything and all is the imagination of one single consciousness alone in a black void.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Take this concept and then run with the concept of alternate realities occurring from difference decisions made, then is it possible that there is even more to this.

A giant machine of life maybe?

You could also use this to explain why some people seem to know the future before it happens.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I read about this today, and it made me wonder if David Icke is really as crazy as people say he is.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I guess only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The Universe always turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could ever imagine. God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature just one-step beyond our comprehension.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

i have been thinking and its not good to go that deep so wont be doing it again till tomorrow, so i will ask this question and see if someone can help me understand more, right so here's what i want to question "through observations of irregularities in the cosmic microwave background they have found there is substantial evidence supporting a holographic explanation"
could that be happening because other dimensions are causing the irregularities? like how ghosts could cause irregularities in how we perceive things.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can't get my mind around this.

So if the universe is a hologram, i can't work out if this is good or bad in regards to life after death :/

If the universe is a hologram, who created it? How do they know they aren't living in a hologram? :/
edit on 30-1-2017 by st3ve_o because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: st3ve_o

If you read the article it means there was no big bang. It means there is really a 2-dimensional plane on the edge of our Universe. The 2-dimensional plane creates the holographic universe that we exist in and with our observations we can touch and feel the 3-d holographic images and we can't perceive them with the naked eye as being holograms. Scientist have seen evidence of a holographic universe by studying anomalies in space, deep space, gravity, and quantum physics. A holographic universe explains things better in their opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Oh hell yeh, an actual interesting non-political thread.....and from none other than gortex...holy crap!!!

I don't want theories though....give me some damn answers already!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

"matrix" references

the fun is when you start "bending spoons" as a catchall as to what is possible

May explain a couple of things like the uneventful 2012 (end of the simulation?) and MEs (somebody figured out to vary the simulation to "wake us up" while inside of it...

I dont think anything eventful was going to happen in 2012, it was the beginning of an era, changes are happening.
edit on 30-1-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Never been a fan of the Holographic Principle. I simply can't understand how they can compare living, breathing humans (and the rest of the universe) to an image being projected from somewhere else. The last time I checked, holograms don't feel pain, hunger, or joy, and don't come up with far-out theoretical physics.

I'd like a layman explanation of the principle, but the one that actually explains something.

P.S. Let's, for example, consider the cosmological horizon. It's not a real, physical "something" like the surface of a balloon. It's only an apparent "something", much like a rainbow, or indeed the Earth's horizon, because it's simply a measure of the distance from which one could possibly retrieve information, and sets the size of the observable universe - strictly from our point of view.

So how can there be any holographic information encoded on that cosmological horizon if the horizon itself is an illusion?
edit on 30-1-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Ah, "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Tabot is an excellent book that I still keep in my library.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

The main theory as I remember, read this book years ago, is that information about the entire universe can be found within every cell, and atom in the universe. He uses the term "holographic universe" as an analogy throughout the book to explain this concept.( at least that's how I interpreted what he said. He used the holographic universe theory to explain concepts in a way that is easier to understand) I still remember one of his other concepts in his book that space is not empty but full of energy. You have to read the book because there are too many concepts in that book that can't be explained in one sentence or two.

This concept is also similar to the hermetic concept of "as above so below". If you look at atoms, and solar systems they are very similar with a nucleus/sun and electrons/planets/comets etc revolving around the nucleus/sun.
edit on 30-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join