It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Reveals Substantial Evidence of Holographic Universe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

How utterly cool and durn fascinating. Any idea on who's running the projector?
a reply to: The GUT

Why... yourself, of course! Each person can say the same thing as there is veritably only one [universal] life, one [universal] soul, one [universal] spirit, though it appears to be fragmented or many [= illusion]. This is clearly expressed as light [singularity or oneness] splitting into the 7-fold colors of "manyness" [plurality, diversity]. To return to that primal, sublime, oneness state, cleaning the clouded lens of perception through Sādhana is normally recommended.

Contemporary science may call it holography but it is, and has been called, 'Maya' or 'Mithya' in the Hindu scriptures, thousands of years ago. The same teaching can be found in the Tao literature too. Here, the primal singularity (Taiji) born from the matrix (Wuji) devolves further by giving birth to the dual, separate states of Yin-Yang. These then continue to devolve and give rise to multiplicity (64 permutations). It is similar to how human cells divide and multiply in the body.

The world "out there" is only an illusion projected out of oneself/Self [hence 'Mayavic'] and externalized by the Observer/ Perceiver (= Yourself, or better still, 'the Self'). Hence the teaching that the observer (or seer), the observing (or seeing) and the observed (or seen) are one and the same. This tripartite division is more complete than the bipartite division of Father-Son (or Mother-Daughter) found in Christianity. But they are essentially the same in principle. The divisions will continue to exist and create problems until one learns to redeem the situation through love. It's been called the highest virtue, the greatest commandment, for it is the greatest unifying agent. In this way, the 3 fold divisions will eventually collapse and return one to the primal oneness state.

edit on Febam17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: rewrite for greater clarity

edit on Febam17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: highlighting

edit on Febam17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

edit on Febam17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

edit on Febam17 11 20 by Rextiberius because: rewriting some parts for greater clarity

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
ive got another question since nobody answered my last question, since an atom is mostly space, do electrons and protons buzz around the nucleus at such a speed that it creates the illusion of the thing it is possible programmed to be, and if the atom had a powercut (analogy) would the thing (lets say the atoms that make up a car) would it appear to disappear.
or what if atoms were conscious.... and they are f@@@@@@ with us.... that could explain all phenomenon!

if atoms were conscious.... and they are f@@@@@@ with us.... that could explain all phenomenon!

or the photon is or the Atom Electron and photon all are

Speaking of Photons

Double-slit experiment

Photons turning into particle or Waves...

Changing Just By Observing !!

The Logic-Defying Double-Slit Experiment Is Even Weirder Than You Thought
Just by observing the process of the experiment, everything changes.
www.popularmechanics.com...

I do Believe the Photons are f@@@@@@ with us.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Something that's being discussed for years now.Could new findings about time crystals be the key to unfold that we are living in a hologram.

Maybe stars are the projectors of space and all that's visible to our understanding of this three dimensional space?

And if it's all being real someday ,are we also part of this holographic simulation. Or are we an isolated case here.

Meaning that everything that lies outside our solar system is projected on a advanced screen showing us things that aren't there?

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
1% junk DNA right?

edit on 0b19America/ChicagoWed, 01 Feb 2017 05:09:19 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 01 Feb 2017 05:09:19 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

All those ideas are fascinating, they are what propel us ultimately but keep in mind that scientists can came up with anything and prove it someway, sometime.

If they tell me that when we look to the universe we see a composed image with the same objects represented multiple times as they were in different eras, each representation spanning millions or even billions of years apart. I can believe. As gravity can act as a lens and bend light, we can be basically assisting to a light show.

This, to me, could explain the Hubble deep space background and all those galaxies may very well be representations from a much smaller number of galaxies whose light has been split several times like thru a prism and routed by multiple paths and split again, ending up or still going to the rim of the expansion bubble.

Maybe that rim is acting as a screen, or better yet, as a mirror. If light can be attracted and "bent" by gravity why can´t it be repelled by the absence of it? The absence of mater beyond the expansion rim at end of our universe can be reflecting the light that has reached it.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Chuck Norris ofc.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The farther we can see the furthest thing will be more matter. Which matters less than the heart we don't see in ourselves.

So far yet so near.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerys
What if all this goes back to proving God. More specifically the theories of Alan Watts who stated we are all God, just living infinite lives and adventures forever and ever. I mean think about it. If you were God and could create the ultimate video game experience to keep yourself from being bored, wouldn't you create the most elaborate and real experience so that you would forget you were a God?And you set up certain rules in your games to make it difficult. And just like in a video game,when you die, you get a new life.

Unless you wanted to punish yourself i can't see that being the case, there's too much suffering and cruelty in the world, 75% of the world is #.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

originally posted by: The GUT

Howdy, Brudda.

The Annunaki of course.... Or wait.. Maybe the Illuminati. Or are they also part of the hologram?
Meh, this makes my brain hurt and feel mushy.

On a more serious note; very interesting hypothesis. Quantum physics never ceases to amaze, though that may be largely due to my utter lack of comprehension.

Read about Quantum Entanglement - That will Blow your Mind!! The Workings

Laymans Terms :

you take to Two Synchronized particles

you Turn one ! and the other Does the Same , Usually the Opposite Direction

The Space Between them can be a Micro meters to Light Years !

it doesnt matter they will turn just as the one being forced to turn !

to make this Simpler ever seen Cheech and Chong's Corsican Brothers ??

one bops his head ther other feels it in the same place! and doesn't matter where they are!
next to each other or miles apart ...
" pretty much Same thing as Quantum Entanglement "

Hope this Helps!

For every Action there is a Reaction
The Universe and Cosmos is a Strange Place ...

to get back on track ot the Main Subject

as I said before Professor Neil Degrasser Tyson
is starting to believe that a Hologram universe Could be Possible ..

He thought it was laughable of just the Thought of it !

well.. not Now ...

Neil deGrasse Tyson says it’s ‘very likely’ the universe is a simulation
By Graham Templeton on April 22, 2016 at 4:23 pm
www.extremetech.com...

edit on 32017WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago231 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Neil deGrasse Tyson says it’s ‘very likely’ the universe is a simulation
No. He said that he thinks the liklihood may be very high but he has no actually evidence for it. What does he have? A tongue firmly in cheek. Here is the full context of his statement.

>>NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: I think the likelihood may be very high. And my evidence for it is just it’s a thought experiment, and it’s simple. We’ll just end with this reflection—and I’m elsewhere like on YouTube saying this, so you can check it out later, if you choose. I just think when I look at what we measure to be our own intelligence, and we tend to think highly of it, getting back to Jim’s point, there’s a certain hubris just even in how we think about our relationship to the world. And that’s understandable perhaps, even in the search for intelligent life in the universe. It comes with the assumption that we’ll find life that also thinks we are intelligent. Well, if we look at other life forms on earth with whom we have DNA in common, there is none that we would rank ever in the history of the fossil record, or life thriving today, that we would rank with us and our level of intelligence. So, given our definitions, we’re the only intelligent species there ever was because we have poetry and philosophy and music and art. And then I thought to myself, well, if the chimpanzee has 98-whatever percent identical DNA to us—pick any animal. It doesn’t matter. Dogs, it doesn’t matter. Mammals have very close DNA to us. They cannot do trigonometry. Some people can’t do trigonometry. Certainly not these animals. So, if they cannot do trigonometry, and they have such close genetic identity to us, let’s take that same gap and put it beyond us and find some life form that is that much beyond us that we are beyond the dog or the chimp. What would we look like to them? We would be drooling, blithering idiots in their presence. The smartest chimp can do maybe some sign language and stack boxes and reach a banana, put up an umbrella, like our toddlers can do. Our toddlers do that. So, maybe the smartest human—bring Stephen Hawking forward in front of this other species, and they’re chuckling because they’ll say, oh, this happens to be the smartest human because he’s slightly smarter than the rest because he can do astrophysics calculations in his head, like little Timmy over here.

[laughter]

Oh, you’re back from preschool? Oh, you’ve just composed a symphony. That’s so—let’s put it on the refrigerator door. We just derived all the principles of—oh, that’s cute. And so that is not a stretch to think about. And if that’s the case, it is easy for me to imagine that everything in our lives is just the creation of some other entity for their entertainment. It is easy for me to think that. So, whatever the likelihood is: zero percent, 1 percent, 17, 42, no answer, I’m saying the day we learn that it is true I will be the only one in the room saying I’m not surprised. Thank you all for coming tonight, and thank the panel.
www.amnh.org...

So, sort of a typical wordy Tyson ramble.

BTW, the holographic Universe hypothesis is not the same as the simulated Universe hypothesis.

edit on 2/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Something that's being discussed for years now.Could new findings about time crystals be the key to unfold that we are living in a hologram.

No. Time crystals are weird little clockwork things that run through a sequence of states over and over again at ground state. They're only a few atoms and you see the effect near absolute zero. They're not crystallized time.

Also, 'holographic universe' doesn't mean you're in a hologram, especially if what you are envisioning is something from Star Trek or Star Wars, because those aren't holograms, they're a fictional tool to let the script writer have more varied situations without all the time taken up by traveling to and from the planet. Which is also why they have transporters.

That sort of hologram doesn't exist.

When they say 'holographic universe' it's more of a physics definition thing regarding how the information in the universe is stored, and from there it gets into a sort of Kantor-ian information-as-matter thing. The subject is sort of arcane, tbh, but thinking you're a Star Trek "hologram" is how it tends to be interpreted by journalists.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
To be honest I still think the holographic theory is pretty silly and it still has holes in it. Simulation theory is more simple, more logical, and leaves no questions unanswered, even paranormal. I think holographic theory will fade at some point.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What defines smart in relation to species or insect.....
i remember watching a documentary about ants and how they seemed share a consciousness and how they could adapt to a dangerous situation like a flood, for example, they all join together so they are essentially a raft, every ant knows what they are doing and has a job that goes to helping them all as a collective.

i wish humans were that smart.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
BTW, the holographic Universe hypothesis is not the same as the simulated Universe hypothesis.

Correct. A holographic universe need not be simulated. There is no requirement for some being or super-being running a projection of simulations in the holographic universe hypothesis.

Instead the "projection" of our universe could be just the real way our universe manifests itself to us. It could simply be the way the universe naturally exists.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Phage

What defines smart in relation to species or insect.....
i remember watching a documentary about ants and how they seemed share a consciousness and how they could adapt to a dangerous situation like a flood, for example, they all join together so they are essentially a raft, every ant knows what they are doing and has a job that goes to helping them all as a collective.

i wish humans were that smart.

I've seen humans work together as a collective to put up sandbags in a flood. I've seen humans work together as a collective in order to construct a skyscraper or a car or to send a spacecraft to the Moon.

A human collective communicates through mostly verbal and visual means to create an accumulation of the intellects and physical abilities of each individual in the collective.

An ant collective communicates mostly through chemicals (given off by other ants on in the environment) detected by their antennae to create an accumulation of their "brain" power (or the power of the information and hard-wired instinct located in the nerve cells that act as a brain) and the physical abilities of each individual in the collective.

edit on 2017/2/2 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

thinking you're a Star Trek "hologram" is how it tends to be interpreted by journalists.

Thanks for clearing that out for me
They should stop those MSM reporters to tell half the story instead of a more grounded and well-explained version then.

Some people will go Nuts-reading this kind of information " First Aliens seem to exist, and now we are a game who lives like qbert in the world of Tron"

Ah well, I was almost thinking I could upgrade myself in the future using my desktop...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
Instead the "projection" of our universe could be just the real way our universe manifests itself to us. It could simply be the way the universe naturally exists.

We are part of the universe. How can the Holographic Principle explain the possibility that I might, right now, shut my computer down, go outside, run like a madman across busy roads and either get run over by a car, or if that doesn't happen, jump off a top of a building. Or, instead, go to a shop and buy some tasty treat? Or spend the whole evening reading up on motor proteins (one of which is in my avatar) in depth, because someone asked me about my avatar?

How does the Holographic universe "store" and project information like that?

No matter how I look at the universe or how it might work, all I see is the physical reality that happens right here and right now, with countless possibilities and random factors or choices. Nothing predetermined. No information projected from somewhere else.
edit on 2-2-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

...How does the Holographic universe "store" and project information like that?

No matter how I look at the universe or how it might work, all I see is the physical reality that happens right here and right now, with countless possibilities and random factors or choices. Nothing predetermined. No information projected from somewhere else.

The "hologram" idea is more of an analogy then it is literal. It's simply saying that what we denizens of this universe perceive to be 3 dimensions of space is really two dimensions of information. How that information allows for us beings to do the things we do as we interact with the universe (run wildly across the street to get hit by a car, to cite your example) could also be asked about our more conventional view of a universe with 3 spatial dimensions.

...That is, how does a bunch of particles that were initially sent out through the universe at the creation of a conventional 3D-of-space idea of our universe (along with the space for that universe itself) allow us to doe the things we do?

The idea that a bunch of particles set in motion at the time of creation of a conventional 3D universe bumping into each other in such a way can result in you running across a busy street to get run over by a car is not much different that those particles creating the same outcome even if they were 2 dimensions of information that appear to us beings limited to our "apparent 3D" view of that 2D information.

Seriously, this hypothetical idea of all the stuff in our universe being really 2 dimensions is such a foreign concept to us (like the 2D denizens of Edwin Abbott's "Flatland" trying to understand the concept of 3D) that i'm not sure if we could adequately describe how 2 dimensions of information could result in an apparent 3D me running into and apparent 3D street to get hit by an apparent 3D car.

edit on 2017/2/2 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The idea that a bunch of particles set in motion at the time of creation of a conventional 3D universe bumping into each other in such a way can result in you running across a busy street to get run over by a car

I think you missed the point here. That primordial streaming and bumping of particles that created the Milky Way galaxy / Solar System / Earth / me, are in no way instrumental or even influential, towards the course of events that would, or could, happen. Ergo, there is no "information" written somewhere that is projected to create the physical realitity that we experience day to day.

The universe is one big chaos where local events get self-ordered and self-organised to cause things become into being: www.dailymotion.com...
edit on 2-2-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

The idea that a bunch of particles set in motion at the time of creation of a conventional 3D universe bumping into each other in such a way can result in you running across a busy street to get run over by a car

I think you missed the point here. That primordial streaming and bumping of particles that created the Milky Way galaxy / Solar System / Earth / me, are in no way instrumental or even influential, towards the course of events that would, or could, happen. Ergo, there is no "information" written somewhere that is projected to create the physical realitity that we experience day to day.

The universe is one big chaos where local events get self-ordered and self-organised to cause things become into being: www.dailymotion.com...

Again, the holographic universe hypothesis pushers' idea that 2D information is coded on some "surface" in the great under belly of the universe (like a holographic image etched into a holographic frame) is more of an analogy than something that should be taken literally.

Heck, even the behavior of 3D particles in a conventional view of the universe can simply be broken down to the result of information imparted on that particle. Bell's theorem aside (and ignoring Bell's implied "ruling out" of hidden variables in quantum theory), it is entirely possible that every particle in our universe is simply following a predetermined course that is the result of the initial conditions imparted onto those particles at the point of the creation of the universe (e.g., the Big Bang).

Granted, due to quantum uncertainties, we can't apply a purely Newtonian approach to calculating the future motions and interactions of all of the particles in the universe based on their initial velocities and directions at the point of the Big Bang or whatever creation theory we use (assuming that Newtonian physics are simple math problems, we could theoretically calculate these particle motions, albeit it would be an astronomical undertaking).

As I said before, we need to ignore Bell's theorem that tells us that the quantum uncertainty is an intrinsic aspect of the universe rather than it simply being that there is an underlying order and knowable understanding of all the quantum world (i.e., hidden variables that can render the quantum world knowable rather than intrinsically uncertain

-- i.e., if we gain a thorough understand the quantum world, the uncertainty goes away.

So let's apply that idea (that there really is no intrinsic uncertainty) to the Big Bang, for example. All of the particles that were set into motion at that time -- particles bumping, absorbing, emitting, etc could theoretically (but obviously not practically) be measured to determine their future velocities and future interactions with each other...AND they could be calculated out 13.5 billion years to today to be able to determine that the those particles (some of which are now in your brain) interact in such a way that would cause to to want to run wildly into a busy street and get hit by a car.

So (hypothetically) the reason you got hit by a car, and the reason I decided to scratch my nose just now, or the reason I may want to hum a tune sometime in the immediate future is due to the initial velocities and directions of all of the particles the moment those particles were created at the birth of the universe.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Seriously, this hypothetical idea of all the stuff in our universe being really 2 dimensions is such a foreign concept to us (like the 2D denizens of Edwin Abbott's "Flatland" trying to understand the concept of 3D) that i'm not sure if we could adequately describe how 2 dimensions of information could result in an apparent 3D me running into and apparent 3D street to get hit by an apparent 3D car.

Think of 3d reality as a rendering of information that is located outside of the rendering, like in a video game, you could say that the information exists in 2d on the surface of computerchips or discs.
edit on 2/2/2017 by AttentionGrabber because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join