It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to announce Supreme Court Justice Nomination Tues @ 8pm.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As much as Trump has done that concerns me. I think this was a pretty good pick. Seems like someone with no skeletons in his closet, seems like a person that can think critically and form his own opinions outside of political pressure.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At least one more.

Ruth Ginsberg is nearly done.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

At least one more.

Ruth Ginsberg is nearly done.

WHEN!?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nearly done?

I think she's a lot like Helen Thomas. They wheel her in and hope no one notices she's pretty much like the parrot in that Monty Python sketch.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Separation of Church and State assures that the government can not establish a state religion and force everyone to be that religion.
That is why the government should not be able to force people to do things against their religion either. (of course as long as their religion does not violate law, such as honor killings)

We have freedom OF religion.
Not freedom FROM religion.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
As much as Trump has done that concerns me. I think this was a pretty good pick. Seems like someone with no skeletons in his closet, seems like a person that can think critically and form his own opinions outside of political pressure.

Can the maladjusted Democrats block Gorsuch from being confirmed?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

They won't let her go. They will stuff her and prop her up hoping no one notices.
They don't want Trump to pick another.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think Ginsberg would have retired right away if Hillary had been elected.

She'll stay on for as long as she can, but the ol' gal is getting on in years.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yes, until the Republicans decide to use the "nuclear option" for his confirmation.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Bets on how long it will be before we see the Demcrats fleeing DC like they did in Wisconsin to try to avoid having to vote at all so that the capitol business simply cannot be done.

And bets on how much the press forgets its complaints about obstructionism and a broken Washington and makes this into the new form of patriotism and highest form of wonderfulness?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes, until the Republicans decide to use the "nuclear option" for his confirmation.

The big problem with that is if they do it, then it can't be undone again. But the Democrats might leave them no choice.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They wheel her in and hope no one notices she's pretty much like the parrot in that Monty Python sketch.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg comes alive when Donald Trump is mentioned. Last June, she woke up long enough to blast candidate Donald J. Trump as a long-shot "FAKER".

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The big problem with that is if they do it, then it can't be undone again. But the Democrats might leave them no choice.

Yeah, that kind of decision can bite you in the you know what. The Dems are finding that out but if they ever get their s**t together and regain the Senate, they could use it in retaliation for this.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

They wheel her in and hope no one notices she's pretty much like the parrot in that Monty Python sketch.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg comes alive when Donald Trump is mentioned. Last June, she woke up long enough to blast candidate Donald J. Trump as a long-shot "FAKER".

Source: www.cnn.com...

Are you sure that wasn't Pelosi throwing her voice?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I think Ginsberg would have retired right away if Hillary had been elected.

She'll stay on for as long as she can, but the ol' gal is getting on in years.

Absolutely right. I heard yesterday that Reagan appointee, Justice Anthony Kennedy, wants to retire. He was waiting to see who Trump picked and if the nominee is confirmed, before doing so.

But as you said, Ginsburg is frail. Not as sick as Hillary, but close.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

If the Dems wanted to, they would use the nuclear option whether the Republicans do so this time or not.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, I'm not seeing any heads explode, that's a plus.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Khaleesi

If the Dems wanted to, they would use the nuclear option whether the Republicans do so this time or not.

True. The evil side of me thinks it's funny that the Dems opened that door and may have it used against them. The better side of me wishes both sides would be more reasonable and work for 'We the People' .

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Wait for it ...

They're still pivoting from the immigration thing. That's why announcing the pick now is such a good move.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Shock generally immobilizes the patient.

No doubt it will be a temporary condition.

This next month is going to be an epic battle.

edit on 31-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join