It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to announce Supreme Court Justice Nomination Tues @ 8pm.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Doesn't matter.
The left will bitch either way.

the democrats should block it for the next 4 years or however it takes to change the senate over the democrats.....any republican choice...screw them, just like they screwed Obama

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't like it, either, but the key point is that the Dems have already stated their intent to nuke the filibuster for SC nominees. Given that, if push comes to shove, I don't think they leave the GOP much choice. The filibuster is gone the next time the Dems control the Senate, anyway. I do agree that there's significant potential to use this against the Dems in the midterms, but if the GOP fails to reach the 60 votes necessary to override a filibuster, they need to be prepared to do what they must.
edit on 31-1-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: loam

Meh, even Chuck Shumer was tolerant....as tolerant as he gets anyway.

Gorsuch put corps over workers, been hostile toward women’s rights & been an ideolog. Skeptical that he can be a strong, independent Justice

twitter.com...

That's hysterical.

Considering that if he was the type of justice Schumer wants, it would make him part of a liberal majority ... I'm not sure what Schumer wants.

Strong and independent would indicate someone who does not go along with the majority simply to get along which is what would be implied.

Schumer wants to be a thorn in the side of Trump because it keeps him in the spotlight. The same spotlight he inserted himself to when his niece became famous.

Schumer has no idea what the words strong and independent mean.

What stories will Chuck Schumer be able to fabricate, that will make him CRY (again) over the damage that Gorsuch will inflict on our great nation?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Doesn't matter.
The left will bitch either way.

the democrats should block it for the next 4 years or however it takes to change the senate over the democrats.....any republican choice...screw them, just like they screwed Obama

I don't think that will have your desired effect. Whatever helps you sleep however.

edit on 31-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DBCowboy

No, the opposition needs CNN and Soros' groups to explain to them whether they should denounce the pick. I'm sure there's a backroom somewhere painting devil horns on Gorsuch and inventing the official narrative.

denounce it??.....WTF?.....stop any pick from trump, period.....it's called payback.....republicans started this game last year, so screw them.....the senate republicans last year said that ANY JUSTICE PICKED BY OBAMA was dead in the water......about time the democrats got some back bone and kicked some ass.......

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Oh they can try, but they have the nuclear option brought to them by Reid.

So yell. Yell loud.

Won't matter.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

a reply to: loam

Meh, even Chuck Shumer was tolerant....as tolerant as he gets anyway.

Gorsuch put corps over workers, been hostile toward women’s rights & been an ideolog. Skeptical that he can be a strong, independent Justice

twitter.com...

Senator Schumer was just getting started, when he made that Twitter comment...

""Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said he has "serious doubts" about President Donald Trump's nominee to succeed the late Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court, the first sign of what is likely to be a contentious confirmation battle.

"Now more than ever, we need a Supreme Court Justice who is independent, eschews ideology, who will preserve our democracy, protect fundamental rights, and will stand up to a President who has already shown a willingness to bend the Constitution," Schumer said in a statement.

"Given his record, I have very serious doubts about Judge Gorsuch’s ability to meet this standard. Judge Gorsuch has repeatedly sided with corporations over working people, demonstrated a hostility toward women’s rights, and most troubling, hewed to an ideological approach to jurisprudence that makes me skeptical that he can be a strong, independent Justice on the Court.""

Democrats need to start working on a SUPERHUMAN candidate now for 2020. Instead, they're sabotaging their chances for even taking back the Senate in 2018.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No, the opposition needs CNN and Soros' groups to explain to them whether they should denounce the pick. I'm sure there's a backroom somewhere painting devil horns on Gorsuch and inventing the official narrative.

denounce it??.....WTF?

Denounce: verb to publicly declare to be wrong or evil, to inform against.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Did they 'screw Obama?' I would remind you that Obama got two out of his three Supreme Court nominees through during his presidency, and the GOP had the votes in the Senate to filibuster those two if they'd have wanted.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ah, the meat and potatoes. He doesn't really want to do anything but confront Trump. So he is (still) simply crying. Another shining example of democratic leadership. Just burn it down already. Let something real and true take its place.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The Democratic Party is Dying a Rapid Political Death right before our Eyes . By 2018 , the American People will Shun it like the Plague . The Anti American Platform Preached by the Progressive Liberals who Dominate the Party is coming into the Light of Day , while the Majority of the American People are Ready to Embrace with More Passion , the Constitution of the United States , the Bill of Rights , and the Rule of Law . America Will be Great Again , So Help Us God !

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Annee

He sounds like the perfect choice!!

I never agree with you on anything.

Still don't.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The difference between republican obstructionists and democrat obstructionists is that after 2 years of Obama, the people voted in representatives to stop what Obama wanted to do.

Now the people have voted in enough people to do the work and nominate who they wanted.

When the minority cast themselves as the role of obstructionists, they are only confirming why they are in the minority.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Democratic Party is Dying a Rapid Political Death right before our Eyes . By 2018, the American People will Shun it like the Plague. America Will be Great Again, So Help Us God!

Actually, the Democratic party started dying in 2010, when Americans rejected Obama's policies by turning the U.S. House over to Republican control. It continued in 2012. Democrats sealed their fate when they crowned a boring, sickly, female version of Obama, as their party's BEST HOPE, in 2015.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

In other Words, Don't Get Mad , Get Even ...Vote !

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The guy was well spoken and not as bad sh it crazy as the rest of the GOP, but Dems need to filibuster him. If his name is not Merrick Garland, Dems should oppose this other guy every step of the way.

Cons want to be obstructionists, the cons are going to see that two can play that game.
edit on 31-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't know much about him, but given the liberal outrage, I am guessing he is a great choice.

edit on 31/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
He's actually not a bad pick. But unfortunately for him, he gets to be political fodder.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The guy was well spoken and not as bad sh it crazy as the rest of the GOP, but Dems need to filibuster him. If his name is not Merrick Garland, Dems should oppose this other guy every step of the way.

Cons want to be obstructionists, the cons are going to see that two can play that game.

The Democrat leaders just returned from THEIR mini-retreat. (And nobody missed them, LOL!) Anyway, one of the things they're contemplating is saving their wad for when Ruth Ginsberg (or another Liberal justice) leaves the job.

I guess Filibustering takes a lot out of you? Never done it myself.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
He's actually not a bad pick. But unfortunately for him, he gets to be political fodder.

If you can admit that he's not a bad pick, then why tie yourself to partisanship over principle?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join