It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to announce Supreme Court Justice Nomination Tues @ 8pm.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is classic Obama. So much happening they are overloaded and don't know which way to turn.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow, a state's rights SCOTUS justice who takes the Constitution literally, there's a long past due idea.

Loving it!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Well, I'm not seeing any heads explode, that's a plus.

It'll take some time.

Someone has to explain to these geniuses what the Supreme Court actually is and does first.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Meh, even Chuck Shumer was tolerant....as tolerant as he gets anyway.

Gorsuch put corps over workers, been hostile toward women’s rights & been an ideolog. Skeptical that he can be a strong, independent Justice

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, I'm not seeing any heads explode, that's a plus.

It'll take some time.

Someone has to explain to these geniuses what the Supreme Court actually is and does first.

I suppose I can't discount that, as well as them needing to be told how to feel and what to think on the nomination.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Push the button, time to actually get some business done ASAP.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Gorsuch put corps over workers, been hostile toward women’s rights & been an ideolog. Skeptical that he can be a strong, independent Justice

twitter.com...

That's hysterical.

Considering that if he was the type of justice Schumer wants, it would make him part of a liberal majority ... I'm not sure what Schumer wants.

Strong and independent would indicate someone who does not go along with the majority simply to get along which is what would be implied.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No, the opposition needs CNN and Soros' groups to explain to them whether they should denounce the pick. I'm sure there's a backroom somewhere painting devil horns on Gorsuch and inventing the official narrative.

link   
Gorsuch was approved for the Circuit Court unanimously. It will be very interesting to see how the democrats handle this.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Push the button, time to actually get some business done ASAP.

Might as well d it now instead of waiting.

The cynical side of me says they'll wait simply to spread Lobbyist money around first.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: JinMI

Shock generally immobilizes the patient.

No doubt it will be a temporary condition.

This next month is going to be an epic battle.

Yeah shock is right. I think they feel like the taser scene from the movie Meet the Fockers.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: trb71
As much as Trump has done that concerns me. I think this was a pretty good pick. Seems like someone with no skeletons in his closet, seems like a person that can think critically and form his own opinions outside of political pressure.

Can the maladjusted Democrats block Gorsuch from being confirmed?

Yes, until the Republicans decide to use the "nuclear option" for his confirmation.

I read about that possibility..

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Gorsuch was approved for the Circuit Court unanimously. It will be very interesting to see how the democrats handle this.

They'll say it's not him, but it's payback for "stealing" Obama's last nominee.

So they'll feel justified because no one moved on Garland.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

twitter.com...

That's hysterical.

Considering that if he was the type of justice Schumer wants, it would make him part of a liberal majority ... I'm not sure what Schumer wants.

Strong and independent would indicate someone who does not go along with the majority simply to get along which is what would be implied.

Schumer wants to be a thorn in the side of Trump because it keeps him in the spotlight. The same spotlight he inserted himself to when his niece became famous.

Schumer has no idea what the words strong and independent mean.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The big problem with that is if they do it, then it can't be undone again. But the Democrats might leave them no choice.

It can't be undone, but it also doesn't matter. The Democratic leadership publicly stated that they were going to nuke the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees had Hillary won. As it turns out, it was an incredibly stupid thing to say, as it means the GOP has absolutely nothing to lose here by doing it first if they have to.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

They'll say it's not him, but it's payback for "stealing" Obama's last nominee.

So they'll feel justified because no one moved on Garland.

Exactly! Most of the statements and actions from Democrats since November 8th have been rooted in "payback", "butt-hurt", or just plain old "hate".

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is complimentary, considering that it comes from TheHill.com..

"With the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court, President Donald Trump not only fulfilled yet another campaign promise (to appoint a conservative to the Court) but showed Washington that he could find the strike zone in American politics."

Full Analysis: thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

They have nothing to lose here and everything to lose late on when they lose power again. I'm not short-sighted like a leftist. I know they won't be in power forever. That's how the system works and every rule and check that gets eroded now will be one more safeguard for the minority that we will wish was still in place later on.

Look how sad the Democrats are that they nuked the filibuster and majority rules for cabinet positions now, and they have only Harry Reid and their own short-sightedness to blame.

There are a LOT of Democrats coming up for re-election in newly red states in two years. There is leverage and Republicans only need 8 crossover votes.

Heck ... I could point out that this new EO madness is also a direct result of the Dems willingness to let Obama use his pen and phone so freely when the Republicans took power in Congress rather than be forced to compromise on the things they wanted to push forward. Now they are reaping the whirlwind.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Watching Tucker on Fox and he is interviewing a lady from a protest outside the Supreme Court right now.

Can't the left see that if you protest everything, your protest means nothing?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Pyle

Bleh...Democrats could have tried to force a vote. Instead, they used the vacancy to hold the women-vote hostage:

Link

And now look where we are.

QFT
well posted

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join