It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama adviser calls Trump decision on Nat Sec panel 'stone cold crazy'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

President Donald Trump's decision to reorganize the National Security Council in a way that removes the director of intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from always attending the principals' committee is "stone cold crazy," former National Security Adviser Susan Rice said Sunday.

Rice retweeted another Twitter user, P.E. Juan, who said: "Trump loves and trusts the military so much he just kicked them out of the National Security Council and put a Nazi in their place."

Rice, President Barack Obama's national security adviser, was reacting to an executive order signed by Trump that said that the head of DNI and the nation's most senior military officer would be invited to attend the security meetings "where issues pertaining to their responsibilities and expertise are to be discussed."

SOURCE

You can read about Trump's decision to reorganize the National Security Council in the article linked directly below.

Trump puts Bannon on security council, dropping joint chiefs

A poster on this forum criticized me for suggesting that the divide between the left and the right may be reaching unprecedented levels in recent times. I believe the article linked to at the top of this post is just more evidence that it is.

Why would Trump reorganize the National Security Council? Is he operating just as most of his supporters do? To these people the expression "out of sight, out of mind" seems to take on a whole new meaning.

I feel like we're getting closer to all of this ending in some kind of disaster. It's looking more and more likely to me that Trump will be impeached within this year.

Will Donald Trump be president at year-end 2017?

I'll be watching the webpage linked above closely.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So an Obama flunkie criticized Trump. Color me shocked.

Susan Rice, oh how that name brings back memories...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Well then forget that SHE said it.....you think this is a good idea?

How bout addressing the content instead of the person who said it...

Trump and his supporters have a bad habit of throwing out the baby with the bath water at every turn, that includes the tactic of throwing out reports just because they dont like who said it, and never actually addressing what was said....
edit on 1/29/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/29/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Agreed, maybe this super smart Obama adviser should explain Obama's brilliant Middle Eastern policy that seems to be a never ending pain in the butt.

Or give us some better policy options. Do you think Trump will listen?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Deplorable and cold stone crazy, What more of a complement could you ask for from your opponent.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Trump is worrying me a bit, but this, this is genius!

Please keep turning everything on its head Mr Trump. This country really needs change, change we can believe in. Let's just hope it all ends well, but I'd take a high stakes gamble over business as usual in Washington.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Mad Dog will be there. Why do we need any of his department's flunkies?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There may be more ways then 2 or 3 to skin a cat .Its hard to say for sure what a problem might have been for the new POTUS .If its like a mole problem and you know you have one then compartmentalization could work .At least until you find out for sure . If the US has a traitor inside ,and I think they probably have many ,ie 911 then the same old same old routine cant and wont work .

It might be something completely innocent in that briefings would be sent to selected people and handled in a different way to make the process more expeditious . Watch to see who is crying the loudest to get a idea of what group that person may belong to .Sometimes you have to be very coy to catch a rat . just saying

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Maybe Susan's upset because one of their moles might be excluded?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Please explain how Trump putting civilians into National Security positions is any different than the community organizer and his "pajama boys" cabinet that second guessed our military leaders and security people for years? Obama had his kitchen cabinet of little Harvard boy ideologues who never had a job outside of government telling grown men how to run a war.....unbelievably arrogant. So, now Trump is going to do the same thing. I bet Trump gets it right.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

There may be a much much bigger story behind this .George Webb brings up a lot of things but he brought up this PPP
(private public partnership) and DYNCORP ...DYNCORP has its fingers into many Govt. pies and seems that using that money they get is used in nefarious ways .. The whole sex trafficking and bribery has worked well for them lots of $$ but also lots of power . Trump may have those 650k Emails from Weiners LT and it might have shown who might be leaking info with a gun pointed at their head . There could be literally 1000's of public servants in high places .

Lets give Trump a bit of a pass for a moment and think about this . We know that the left used what ever truth about him that was questionable and even made plenty of stuff up .He is still there and it could be that his team has slightly higher moral ground from which to work from . Breaking it wide open might not be a option . He needs to keep security in control while looking at ways to fix the much bigger problem the US has .....maybe

edit on 29-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

the head of DNI and the nation's most senior military officer would be invited to attend the security meetings "where issues pertaining to their responsibilities and expertise are to be discussed."

what`s wrong with that, why is that crazy?

They don`t need to be involved in meetings that are outside the sphere of their expertise and responsibilities, that would just make them eaves droppers in the peanut gallery.

on a need to know bases works good for the military and corporate America.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Deplorable and cold stone crazy, What more of a complement could you ask for from your opponent.

to quote Margaret Thatcher:

I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.... Margaret Thatcher

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Typical that's all a conservative would get out of that. All you see is criticisms of trump. It doesn't even matter what it is it's fake because someone on the left said it.
Fine. Head in sand when we're in another world war and you get drafted or your child does you'll sing another tune
Trump followers ...blindly led sheep to the slaughter.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

President Donald Trump's decision to reorganize the National Security Council in a way that removes the director of intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from always attending the principals' committee is "stone cold crazy," former National Security Adviser Susan Rice said Sunday.

Intelligence leaks; how better to contain them than to cut them out of the conversation?

Usually it's; keep your friends' close- keep your enemies closer.

Is there not a replacement for Susan, who now is advising Trump?

It could mean that the JCS DIS have their marching orders well in advance?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Former Obama adviser

See a whole bunch of problems with just those 3 words ? I do

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

She is Muslim Brotherhood operative.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What is stone cold crazy is that our government put its citizens in this position in the first place.

it is crazy what is happening in Europe, it's crazy that people think it is OK and will protest and fight to lose their own traditions and safety, and that authorities hide the atrocities , the rapes the terrorizing of their own people that goes on in these countries, protecting the immigrants, I don't get it, who is really in charge?

It is crazy alright.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Imagine all the harm he will do meanwhile such as his Muslim ban

The GOP congress will not easily impeach their own president

Disaster is already here, it came the day he was elected

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Obama flunky or not it still doesn’t make sense what he did

To remove from the NSC the military experts is asinine for a Nazi type racist tells you Trump comfort zone is with Nazis

edit on 29-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join