It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would chinook military helicopters be flying in northern ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i know there are some aircraft experts here so i pose the question...

my wife and i are sitting here watching cnn and all of a sudden i hear it...the rotors of the chopper....loud...deep...somehow i knew it was a military chopper by the sound. i dont know how i knew that but i did.
we ran outside and looked up and sure as # it was a chinook......about 5 minutes later another one is overhead....

i live in northern ohio about 20 miles west of cleveland and about 5 miles away from lake erie...

i looked those chopper up and i took note of this

en.wikipedia.org...

Its primary roles are troop movement, artillery placement and battlefield resupply

interesting....

why would those things be moving around in this area? thankss

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They fly regular missions for pilot proficiency, or moving from one base to another all the time. Pilots have to fly a certain number of hours a month to keep their rating.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They fly regular missions for pilot proficiency, or moving from one base to another all the time. Pilots have to fly a certain number of hours a month to keep their rating.

is there a base close to my area?
i believe you because i know exactly nothing about it....

just seemed strange

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Flying to the Dakota pipeline... to expedite protesters perhaps???

link   
does the ohio national guard fly chinooks? maybe they are doing their 1 weekend a month training?.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

link   
Let's see....Maybe because they can.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

G Company, 1st of the 137th is located in Canton. They fly CH-47Ds it looks like.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

There's one unit in Canton that does.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They fly is Texas ALL the time. Usually training on the weekends. Hell, you can go on the Internet and buy one for yourself.
Paint it black and fly low over conspiracy minded friends.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Tardacus

There's one unit in Canton that does.

canton is pretty close.
another one flew over just now

thanks for your expertise

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe they are moving troops into Chicago.
Wasn't Mayor Rahm Emanuel saying just yesterday that he would welcome federal help with their crime/war problem?
Flying from Canton to Chicago would take them over the area you describe.

edit on 1/29/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
N. California, we had 3 C-130 Military transport planes land at the Redding Airport, which is very odd. Then we had a chinook fly by on the same day. Not saying anything is going on, but I live on the flight path and Ive never seen Military aircraft like this at our tiny airport.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I live near West Point, you would believe the hardware that Fly up and down the Hudson River at 500ft. Also lots of landings at camp Smith. Her it's just the normal events.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Cold weather weekend training.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

They occasionally drop in on civilian airports, usually smaller ones to buy fuel. That allows them to keep their own reserves intact. With a C-130, they occasionally carry fuel bladders on board that they fill up, then go out to a forward landing area where they meet helicopters. They use fee bladders they're carrying to refuel the helicopters.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
N. California, we had 3 C-130 Military transport planes land at the Redding Airport, which is very odd. Then we had a chinook fly by on the same day. Not saying anything is going on, but I live on the flight path and Ive never seen Military aircraft like this at our tiny airport.

Northern corner of Cali same here, we had what sounded like a chinook and multiple fighter jets and after they went by another two sets withing 10 mins or so could not tell if they was heading out to sea or coming in I never did get to see any of them.
This is definitely unusual.
They have bases so near I can't imagine why land in Redding. A friend stationed in Germany is being sent somewhere "training" for a month, somewhere cold not much info. He is a pilot in the Army.
Must be some Trump mobilization plan.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Selfridge Airbase west over you, lake Erie, over Lemington Ontario, Windsor, Detroit and into East shore Clinton Township on Lake St Clair... I've seen them as well.. Toledo, Monroe Mi, up the Detroit river... Frequently
edit on 29-1-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Europe is starting the annual Atlantic Resolve exercises in Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, and other nations.

January is a higher exercise time for CONUS units. They see their annual budget, so they have flight hours again and are going to use them. There are also a number of tests going on right now over California. I watched a KC-10, 2 KC-135s, and an E-6B orbiting over Bakersfield for hours the other day, along with many other aircraft over California, and just off the coast.

As for Redding, as I said, they occasionally buy fuel from small civilian airports. I occasionally see fighters, up to C-17s in unusual locations, even with military bases near them.
edit on 1/29/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I live in Poughkeepsie and we get black hawks and c17 on the aproch to stewart air base

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
We have a bunch of C-130 activity in our area (Northwest PA).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join