It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Could Cut Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thats it.. refuse to comply with federal law giving Trump the grounds to federalize the CA guard via declaring CA in a state of rebellion / insurrection.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

We can do without California wine. They're not the only state that produces wine, nor can they lay claim to all the best American wines. Missouri, for example, is turning into serious wine country and turning out quite a few award-winners.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: schuyler

We can do without California wine. They're not the only state that produces wine, nor can they lay claim to all the best American wines. Missouri, for example, is turning into serious wine country and turning out quite a few award-winners.

Believe it or not, here in Massachusetts , there is the Plymouth Bay Winery, that produces some incredible wine. In our climate, this is an accomplishment.... The fields are way smaller, so large scale production is out of the question, however who knows how that could be improved as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So, do I actually have to purchase a carpet bag in order to be a Reconstruction Officer?

Last time, it was a really fun, profitable gig.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Isn't there a petition circulating in California for the state to exit the USA? If it does, then the 2-way transfer of funds stops. Right? California will miss the USA, more than the USA will miss Cali.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ask the Confederacy about how that worked out for them.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
What will they do for power and water lol.....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
What will they do for power and water lol.....

I keep hearing this.

CA supplies its own water. And we're, at least temporarily, out of drought - - in some areas.

The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, or MWD, holds priority water rights on the Colorado. It sells water to 95 percent of the South Coast region. Lake Mead, formed by Hoover Dam, is the primary reservoir in the Colorado River basin.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

What kind of army does California have to back up their virtue signaling? If every Beta Male in California took up arms (Keep in mind Cali is anti 2nd) they STILL couldn't defeat those in the military on bases in their own state!

roflmao

Jerry Brown really should of pursued his career as a Jesuit priest, he would have been much more successful!

90% of California consists of rural towns filled with pro gun citizens. Sorry you're only thinking of the two large anti gun areas.

The ignorance of this post is sickening.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
California makes its money off housing by having a housing shortage they can charge outrageous prices for housing right now i pay 1,200 a month rent for a one bedroom apartment. Getting rid of their sanctuary status would take away their artificial shortage on housing and prices would drop. The businesses that employ illegals would die out and someplaces would become a ghost town. California is dependent on illegal aliens and once the plug is pulled they are finished thats why

That's insane!!! We pay that for a house with between 2700 and 2800 sg ft!! Tons of space, for six people!!! You pay that for one bedroom??? Wow....knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad!!!

My apartment was $500 in California and a 3 bedroom house is $1200 where I'm at. Not all of California is expensive unless you live in the bay arena.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It all comes from the Rockies and flows south. The Feds could dam that dam

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Whatever. CA provides its own water.

People who have never even been to CA think they are so clever.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: seeker1963

What kind of army does California have to back up their virtue signaling? If every Beta Male in California took up arms (Keep in mind Cali is anti 2nd) they STILL couldn't defeat those in the military on bases in their own state!

roflmao

Jerry Brown really should of pursued his career as a Jesuit priest, he would have been much more successful!

90% of California consists of rural towns filled with pro gun citizens. Sorry you're only thinking of the two large anti gun areas.

The ignorance of this post is sickening.

For sure.

People are so ignorant of CA.

They think everyone is a Liberal Actor.

Guess what, Hollywood is about making money.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
We pay that for a house with between 2700 and 2800 sg ft!! Tons of space, for six people!!! You pay that for one bedroom??? Wow....knew it was bad, but didn't realize how bad!!!

YOU haven't said where you live.

CA is very diverse.

You want to live near the beach? You pay for that.

Other areas depend on what they have to offer.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Interesting, I didn't know that. I know there are several areas that are making a pretty good stab at winemaking; I just happen to know more about Missouri's efforts because I'm from Missouri and I like wine

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Ask the Confederacy about how that worked out for them.

I don't have their e-mail address or phone number. But from the tone of your response, I'll assume that it didn't work out well.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
a reply to: charlyv

Interesting, I didn't know that. I know there are several areas that are making a pretty good stab at winemaking; I just happen to know more about Missouri's efforts because I'm from Missouri and I like wine

In Michigan there are now over 200 wineries.
www.michigan.org... winery&utm_content=XIgkthsR&utm_campaign=google&gclid=CO-VmMf45tECFcm1wAodIsIBvg

I drink wine regularly that's made by a Michigan resident in his basement. Good stuff.. and very good for you!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I was stationed there. LA and SD. I like California, but they need more integration into the rest of the U.S, and of course they would say the opposite.
Spent a little time in Pt. Magu also, a very strange place.
edit on 29-1-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

I'd suggest learning a little geography. Most of California's water comes from the Sierras, the Sacramento Delta. The Colorado river only supplies parts of the very southern deserts of California. California gets its own water, and has plenty of power resources: Hydroelectric, wind, solar. De-Salinization will further ease water burdens.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You supply your water using fresh water originating on Colorado, Arizona, and Nevada watersheds (i.e., te Colorado River)? Lake Mead isn't even in California.

You guys have a couple of water projects handling water reservoirs inside the state. But for the most part you guys get your water from outside your state.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join